PDA

View Full Version : returning the sat nav

mizzy
30-07-2006, 12:59
my sat nav unit is booked 17-31st march, coming home we arrive back into the uk on the 1st april (sunday)

the confirmation e.mail however says return the until by 2nd april but the 2nd would be the very earliest that a post office would be open

does this mean i will be charged another weeks hire?

mizzy

roger
30-07-2006, 13:42
No, the email is authomatically produced and does not take Sundays or Bank holidays in to account. Provided you post it by the 1st working day after you return (the Monday in your case) then you will be fine.

kitty
30-07-2006, 14:23
Hi mizzy we were in the same boat as you and were worried about returning our sat nav as we returned home early sunday morning as well,we emailed roger about this and as he said its okay to send it back a day later,dont know what we would have done without it this year[msncool]

mizzy
30-07-2006, 14:24
thanks Roger

i was worried there just for a little bit

not sure if this is right but do you pre program the unit for me with the villa address? or do we do this when it arrives

also how do i find other addresses and zip codes of restaurants/places i'm wanting to visit?

Mizzy

TonyBlenk
30-07-2006, 15:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
how do i find other addresses and zip codes of restaurants/places i'm wanting to visit?
[/quote]
Hi Mizzy,
It's worth spending time on the Internet looking for addresses and Zip codes of places you're likely to visit. You can either enter them before you travel or as you need them.
Some systems allow you to choose to be directed to the nearest Restaurant, for example, in your current location.

mizzy
30-07-2006, 15:42
thanks Tony

do you know if i would need the full address or can you get by with just a name of the street place and zip code

for example celebration? we are wanting to visit here

Mizzy

Southsider
30-07-2006, 17:47
The one I use for USA is Mapquest and you dont always need a zip code

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-07-2006, 18:26
We're in Florida at the moment and am using a TomTom for the first time in the USA (use it all the time at home). It's been absolutely fabulous and saved us lots of time as we've been out geocaching (www.geocaching.com) quite a bit and this takes you to some quite out of the way places I would not have known how to find otherwise.

TonyBlenk
30-07-2006, 19:34
thanks Tony

do you know if i would need the full address or can you get by with just a name of the street place and zip code

for example celebration? we are wanting to visit here

Mizzy
[/quote]Hi Mizzy,
The problem with Zip codes is that they usually cover a vast area so you will need to find the street address for your destination.
Not too much of a problem with destinations such as Celebration though - as you enter the Zip you will be offered a choice of street locations.
The Zip code for Celebration is 34747, when you're offered a street location you can choose Market Street.
Enjoy!

TonyBlenk
30-07-2006, 19:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We're in Florida at the moment and am using a TomTom for the first time in the USA (use it all the time at home). It's been absolutely fabulous and saved us lots of time as we've been out geocaching (www.geocaching.com) quite a bit and this takes you to some quite out of the way places I would not have known how to find otherwise.
[/quote]John, I also used my TomTom a lot in FL, great for finding more out of the way places such as Mount Dora and Winter Park.
When we were last over for 3 weeks we booked a week on the coast and is was great to be able to trust TomTom sufficiently to take us to the front door of the Villa near Santa Maria Island without ever glancing at a map.

It would be great to hear of any particularly interesting Geo- cashing adventures.

mizzy
30-07-2006, 19:46
thanks for that Tony

but how do i find address's or street names for places like WDW, Seaworld, cyprus gardens etc

and i thought a zip code started with letters, the one i have for the villa is FL 34714?

Mizzy

blott
30-07-2006, 19:51
US zip codes are 5 numbers only, no letters as in the UK.

If you Google the name of the place, ie Universal Studios followed by address, you should be able to find them.

But I think you'll find that your rental sat nav from this site will already have the most popular of those put in for you.

Sat Nav really is the easiest thing in the world to use and is invaluable not only for finding places but if you get lost as you just select 'home' and it knows where you are exactly and guides you straight there!

roger
30-07-2006, 20:22
If you let us (Martin) know your villa address he will pre-program this in to the unit as a 'favourite' location for you. All the main attractions, restaurants and other points of interest are programmed in, including petrol stations, cash point machines, airports etc.

All address in the USA are held in the unit anyhow, so as said above, if you know the address you need to find then it will navigate you there.

TonyBlenk
30-07-2006, 21:01
thanks for that Tony

but how do i find address's or street names for places like WDW, Seaworld, cyprus gardens etc

and i thought a zip code started with letters, the one i have for the villa is FL 34714?

Mizzy
[/quote]FL is the state code for Florida.

mizzy
30-07-2006, 23:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
If you let us (Martin) know your villa address he will pre-program this in to the unit as a 'favourite' location for you. All the main attractions, restaurants and other points of interest are programmed in, including petrol stations, cash point machines, airports etc.

All address in the USA are held in the unit anyhow, so as said above, if you know the address you need to find then it will navigate you there.
[/quote]

thanks Roger

when should i let Martin know? i thought perhaps once the balance is paid?

and which e.mail address should i be sending Martin this info too?

Mizzy

roger
31-07-2006, 11:19
You can let Martin know anytime you like, as soon as you know the full address. The best thing to do is simply reply to the order confirmation email, or email him on satnav@uscarhire.co.uk

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger

[/quote]

thanks Roger

when should i let Martin know? i thought perhaps once the balance is paid?

and which e.mail address should i be sending Martin this info too?

Mizzy
[/quote]