PDA

View Full Version : E2 renewal

rohan
29-07-2006, 23:20
Hi,
I'm just about to apply for my E2 renewal. Anyone know how long it takes from when the lawyer sends the case to the London embassy, to when you might hear something about an interview. I have a 5 week trip planned in the UK, was hoping it would be done in that time.

any help and advise on these renewals would be great, please write back with any recent experiences,

thanks

florida4sun
30-07-2006, 00:37
If you still qualify (employing locals, some growth is good, good proven income etc etc) I wsay 2 months at best. I would renew through texas if you can and then simply go get the visa from London.
Friends have not long hand to leave the country as there renewal was denied and no reason given. Others have renewed without problem. There is a processing backlog at the moment (as ever).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rohan
Hi,
I'm just about to apply for my E2 renewal. Anyone know how long it takes from when the lawyer sends the case to the London embassy, to when you might hear something about an interview. I have a 5 week trip planned in the UK, was hoping it would be done in that time.

any help and advise on these renewals would be great, please write back with any recent experiences, horror stories[msncry]

thanks

[/quote]

esprit
30-07-2006, 03:27
At the moment if you renew in London, the processing time is around 24 weeks, and then it is taking 5 weeks to get an interview. I know someone who filed last Sept and still doesnt have their renewal, they have been asked for four lots of further information in that time. Be careful, filing in Texas as Martin suggests above does not give you a visa, you still have to go back to London for an interview and the visa stamp and they look at your application ab itinitio they call it, that means afresh and they can come to a different decision than Texas and deny you. Your time scales are I have to say totally to pot on this, they may have been the time scales two or three years ago but not now. People are also having real problems with all types of visas, denials are much more commonplace and people with valid visas being pulled in for secondary questioning on arriving back in the country from abroad. I moderate a section on E2 on a forum which has loads of up to date information on the debacle, I will pm you an address.
PS I am assuming you are British as all the above only applies to Brits. If you are southern Irish or French, German, Spanish, or any other narionality at all, you can probably get through in a couple of weeks. So much for shoulder to shoulder.

rohan
30-07-2006, 20:42
thanks for the info, We were told it takes upto 4 weeks to hear something. Ive been hanging on to do this is as we were told by a lawyer that you had to be in the UK to submit your application. They said you couldn't send it in the mail from the U.S. and then go to London for the interview,had to be sent from the UK. Come to find out you can send in the mail and then go to London for an interview, Ive wasted a lot of time really, when I could have filed months ago.

esprit
31-07-2006, 03:04
Bad bad advice, where do these people come from?? I have dm-ed you the address of someone who is good with E2. You wont hear anything in four weeks, who is to take care of your business if you are stuck in the UK for months. Take advice now while you still have a valid 1-94!

rohan
31-07-2006, 07:06
I know, I can't believe it. They lawyer told me I had to go back to the UK to file, it's a firm in SF that mainly deals with Asian clients. He did my first visa ok, that was 5 yrs ago. I'm not using them now, I have a guy in NY now, still not to thrilled on him though. I have till October here, then my passport runs out, so I have to go back to renew anyway, visa ran out in July, still here legally right now. I can run my business over there really, I just didn't fancy being stuck there for months. Thanks for replying again

Ray9
31-07-2006, 08:25
Amazing .. you can renew your passpot here in the US
http://www.britainusa.com/

Frosty
31-07-2006, 22:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
At the moment if you renew in London, the processing time is around 24 weeks, and then it is taking 5 weeks to get an interview. I know someone who filed last Sept and still doesnt have their renewal, they have been asked for four lots of further information in that time. Be careful, filing in Texas as Martin suggests above does not give you a visa, you still have to go back to London for an interview and the visa stamp and they look at your application ab itinitio they call it, that means afresh and they can come to a different decision than Texas and deny you. Your time scales are I have to say totally to pot on this, they may have been the time scales two or three years ago but not now. People are also having real problems with all types of visas, denials are much more commonplace and people with valid visas being pulled in for secondary questioning on arriving back in the country from abroad. I moderate a section on E2 on a forum which has loads of up to date information on the debacle, I will pm you an address.
PS I am assuming you are British as all the above only applies to Brits. If you are southern Irish or French, German, Spanish, or any other narionality at all, you can probably get through in a couple of weeks. So much for shoulder to shoulder.
[/quote]
Julie could you DM me the link to the forum you mentioned?

esprit
01-08-2006, 05:09
Will do Frosty. My son just renewed his passport at the British emnassy in Washington, just download the forms and send them off, You then have to travel with both the passport with the visa in it and the new passport.

rohan
01-08-2006, 20:16
It's hard to find good legal advice over here, this new lawyer I'm speaking to in NY told me it's a 4 week wait, I looked on the Embassy's website in London, it's say's 16 weeks. I emailed them, they told me 24 weeks. My wife want's to go back to England, Our Visa has expired, but white I94 card is good till Oct. Is there anyway she can go in & out of the country with our son who's a citizen here?

thanks

florida4sun
01-08-2006, 21:50
If your in the country with an expired visa, you need more help than this forum can give you sorry.

It's hard to find good legal advice over here, this new lawyer I'm speaking to in NY told me it's a 4 week wait, I looked on the Embassy's website in London, it's say's 16 weeks. I emailed them, they told me 24 weeks. My wife want's to go back to England, Our Visa has expired, but white I94 card is good till Oct. Is there anyway she can go in & out of the country with our son who's a citizen here?

thanks
[/quote]

rohan
01-08-2006, 21:50
thanks for the passport link.

Frosty
02-08-2006, 03:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
If your in the country with an expired visa, you need more help than this forum can give you sorry.

thanks
[/quote]
[/quote]
He is still legal, its the I94 thats the important part that gives you the right to stay.

rohan
02-08-2006, 20:48
yeah still here legally, will have renew my passport in Washington and renew my white I 94, Last time I entered into the Country, they could only give me untill the date my passport expires, which is sometime sometime in Oct. I think it should be easy to renew the I94 ? I could probably do this myslef without a lawyer, anyone know for sure??

thanks!

rohan
04-08-2006, 22:32
anyone have a contact for a good Lawyer in the U.S.
thanks

esprit
06-08-2006, 04:55
Friends pending E2 renewal just managed to renew their 1-94s in Texas. You cant go home though, whatever happens, I know two people who have lost parents in this situation and not been able to go home to the funerals. Its really horrible. The next time you go home, you need to go to the embassy and re-enter with a new visa.

rohan
24-08-2006, 09:06
do they give you 2 years after your visa expires on an I 94 card, my passport expires in Oct, so they only stamped me till then, can I extend it?
Thanks

esprit
24-08-2006, 23:26
Yes you should get two years. Some immigration officer in Orlando has been stamping people on reentry and only stamping to the end of the visa. That is wrong and a supervisor has overruled him and those affected have been able to go to the local immigration dept here and get theirs amended.