PDA

View Full Version : October in Orlando

mistiblu
28-07-2006, 19:16
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone had advice on what the weather is like in Orlando at the end of October? I presume everything is open as normal as I know the parks have events for Halloween? We were thinking of going this year if the flights are not too expensive (wishful thinking around half term methinks!). Also has anyone on the site been to the parks at Halloween, if so could you let me know in your opinion if it would be too scary for a 1 year old because we may have to give the parks a miss at night if so.

Thanks everyone [msnsmile2]

Lynne S
28-07-2006, 19:21
There is a full area just for Halloween, take a look and I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know for your trip.
We have been at Thanksgiving, which was wonderful. Yet to try Halloween as October half-term gets booked up quickly in our villa. Next year's is already booked too.

If you need a place to stay put out an enquiry on all the 3 sites and enjoy planning your trip:)

pieman790
28-07-2006, 19:24
We were there in October 2 years ago and the weather was low 80s day time and 60s during the night. Very little rain and the parks were not too full. Great time to go

pepsi
29-07-2006, 01:42
We went during half term week last year - last week in October. The weather was lovely - very warm and sunny all week and no rain. We enjoyed it so much at this time of year we are going again this year during the same week.

dbrook
29-07-2006, 02:49
One of the best times to go. We have been a couple of times for last week in October and first in November. There has been very little rain and as Neil and Cathy said temperatures were early to mid 80s. Not sure about flight prices now as it was over four yeras ago when we went at this time of year when the children were younger.

Would love to go again at this time of year but can't as our girls are now at A Level and GCSE stages so can't take them out of school.

chrizzy100
29-07-2006, 03:49
It does tell you not to take young kids to IOA ...I like Oct weather...I don't find it so wet that time of year...

fiona
29-07-2006, 03:53
October is a lovely time of year to visit. You don't have to worry about it being too scary for a 1 yr old - this is Disney! The characters are dressed up but in a nice way (autumn leaves on a costume etc), and many of the visitors dress up too - but it is nothing like the Universal experience!

jolliffee
29-07-2006, 13:37
We've been in Oct the last two years, and have found it a great time to be there; the parks still have enough people to give it a buzz. We had a great Halloween at Disney (not to be missed) though we thought the IOA Halloween experience was a little intense.

MarkJan
29-07-2006, 14:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
We were there in October 2 years ago and the weather was low 80s day time and 60s during the night. Very little rain and the parks were not too full. Great time to go
[/quote]

Same here apart from we had no rain!