PDA

View Full Version : something is niggling away at me

mizzy
26-07-2006, 15:14
can you help or advise with this

i have booked a villa through ov and before paying my deposit the owner happily answered any question via e.mail within hours of me asking them

but any enquiries since paying my deposit seem to take much longer to get answers too which makes me a little worried

what i'm wanting to know is this, do OV ask the owners that advertise to agree to a code of conduct or to follow certain guidelines when processing bookings or general enquiries?

Mizzy

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-07-2006, 15:19
If you want to email me the name of the owner or the villa ref number I can give them a nudge - john@orlandovillas.com

mizzy
26-07-2006, 15:30
i'm worried about doing that John like i said i don't want to make waves as i seem to recall another post not so long ago where the persons booking was cancelled by the owner because of the nudge and despite the niggle i'm unwilling to risk it

Mizzy

ps i'm also going to edit the original post because i'm worried too that the owner may read and act negatively to it[msnsad]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-07-2006, 15:36
I don't think you should be worried - I'm sure it is something and nothing and we've helped out lots of people this way in the past.

The incident you refer to is very much a one-off and the first time we have ever heard of anything like that. All of our private owners are a pleasure to deal with normally and that's the way we'd expect them to be as our own reputation is on the line too.

It's usually something as simple as the owners being away from home on vacation and not having good access to emails.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
i'm worried about doing that John like i said i don't want to make waves as i seem to recall another post not so long ago where the persons booking was cancelled by the owner because of the nudge and despite the niggle i'm unwilling to risk it

Mizzy

ps i'm also going to edit the original post because i'm worried too that the owner may read and act negatively to it[msnsad]
[/quote]

Lynne S
26-07-2006, 15:46
Hi Mizzy,

Perhaps they could be away on holiday themselves, hence the delay in answering you. Or has it been over a longer time period?
I think all owners should always be prompt and courteous when answering guests questions. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about and they will hopefully get back to you asap
:)

floridageoff
26-07-2006, 16:48
Do you have a telephone number for the owners? I'm sure a quick call to them would put your mind at rest.

gwendolinemary
26-07-2006, 17:26
I think most people are a bit wary when booking something like this on the internet, especially if it's the first time - it's a lot of money and you're dealing with someone you've never met so you don't know how honest they are etc. However, judging by what I've read on this site , all the owners seem to be a decent bunch! And before they've got their home listed on this site, they're obviously keen to get it rented out so I can't see why they would cancel your booking just because you chase them up a bit! I'm sure there's a good reason for their delay in getting back to you.

jackie greaves
26-07-2006, 17:27
Mizzy,
I am sure there will be a simple explanation for this and that you have nothing to worry about. Have you tried to phone them?

JoRo
26-07-2006, 18:11
I agree with the others - sometimes life can just get hectic and keeping up with emails can be difficult.
However I think if it was me I would send a nice email and just politely check all is ok - but I am sure it will be.The system of authenticating owners on here is very good and well run by John and Roger.
Joyce

christhear
26-07-2006, 18:13
Mizzy

As others have said try giving them a call. I have had terrible trouble with my email on and off since saturday, server problems. A couple of times i have been off line for 12hours plus. If they have the same service provider this could be the problem. Also as others have said they may simply be on holiday with little access to the internet.

E. Cosgrove
26-07-2006, 21:16
Mizzy
If I was the owner with whom you were dealing, I would want to know if I wasn't coming up to scratch!!!
I am sure the subject can be couched in the nicest possible way so that no one takes offence.
Good Luck [msnsmile]

mizzy
26-07-2006, 21:26
don't get me wrong everyone this is our second villa booked through OV and i have no qualms at all about booking through this site, i've even recommended it to other family members

i sent the owner another e.mail on monday so will wait til friday and if no response then i will send John the details for that nudge

Mizzy

domster
26-07-2006, 21:29
LIke most have said it could be as simple as they are away with work. If not they should have left a tel number for you to get hold of them. If they have I would ring them and tell them your concern.

Jill
27-07-2006, 01:23
Last year we had a week on holiday away from our home in Florida and went to Holland. The home we hired did not have the internet so we were unable to be in contact by email as often as normal. We had to rely on a trip to a library (provided they were a) open and b) we could book time to catch up with our emails. I must confess we only dealt with any that were absolute emergencies and left the rest till our return. It could well be that your owner has gone away for 2 weeks and is in the same position.

Our booking form gives our phone number - have you checked to see if you have a phone number on any correspondence?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-07-2006, 01:30
Could it be something as simple as the old AOL type problem where one end of the chain (owner or guest) uses AOL and AOL is up to it's old tricks of thinking genuine emails are spam and filtering them out before the recipient even sees it so one end of the chain is blissfully un-aware.

I'd suggest trying to call the owner as others have suggested as it's the only way to get round the above problem.

linda allen
27-07-2006, 02:05
Hi mizzy,
I would definately call. I'm sure there is a reason for them not replying.

andrewandcarole
27-07-2006, 02:18
Yes - I'm sure all is well Mizzy.

Sometimes when I'm mega busy I overlook the occasional email - and then find it a few days later when clearng out my in-box.

They'll maybe read this thread and realise .....if not your idea for a gentle nudge sounds fine. I'm sure there's an explanation.

Carole

LiesaAnna
27-07-2006, 02:32
you'll give yourself a headache Mizzy if you dont get the help needed, i bet its what Johns suggesting? the spam filters, have read of it happening to others

Somerset
27-07-2006, 03:09
Hi Mizzy - I have sometimes delayed responding to guests - though not intentionally... and if we are in Florida (we are on the old 'dial-up') things seem to take forever to attend to..

I am sure there is nothing untoward - and I guess any owner, myself included, would be mortified if they thought that they were causing their guest so much angst.

If they are away (especially in Florida) - then the time difference can work for you or against you - depending if you are in the same time zone as the guest (as it can here!)

Hope things will be resolved for you soon to put your mind at rest...

dbrook
27-07-2006, 11:01
It's my guess that the owners will be on holiday, this being one of the main school holiday weeks.

Normally we go to Aberdaron in Wales this week and there is nowhere within half an hours drive to get internet access so we only access our e-mails once that week, so don't be too anzious! I am sure you will hear soon.

mizzy
27-07-2006, 14:04
i wouldn't be worrying in if it was just this one occasion but there has been others too

just checked my e.mail and i'm pleased to report that i've just had reply[clap][clap][clap]

so thanks everyone for your reassurance, all's well that ends well

Mizzy

Lynne S
27-07-2006, 14:30
Great news Mizzy[msnsmile2]Glad to hear everything is ok in the end[msnsmile2]

27-07-2006, 17:58
Good news Mizzy [clap][clap]

ALR
27-07-2006, 21:36
Glad all is well

ALR

Rhosyn
27-07-2006, 22:52
Well done, you can sleep tonight

trevlad
28-07-2006, 02:27
bet they reply to all your questions now - double lol[msnsmile2] enjoy your holiday planning mizz[msncool]

CarolAnn
28-07-2006, 11:37
Whew!! Glad your mind has been put at rest Mizzy. Hope it is all plain sailing from now on!:)