PDA

View Full Version : gaylord palms

glasgowmary
25-07-2006, 21:33
hi i 'm sure its been covered but we are thinking of gaylord palms for christmas day and the ice show. anyone know whats on the menu and what sort of costing to do both ? [msnsmile2][msnscared][msnscared]

chyanmor
13-08-2006, 19:31
Hi,

There has been a number of posts on this topic and I am too interested in Gaylord palms for christmas day lunch this year. I did try to contact Gaylord palms to see if it is possible to make a booking and have not heard back from them. There is a sample menu from Gaylord palms from the previous year in one of the posts in here and it does look very nice. If anyone knows when it is possible to book this I would be very grateful if they could let me know.

Regards

Huw

ShirleyD
13-08-2006, 21:06
I was there a couple of years ago and had a wonderful meal followed by the 'ICE' display. I have the details somewhere and will post when I get back from work if no one finds it first

LiesaAnna
13-08-2006, 21:37
QUOTE!!!
ICE! at Gaylord Palms
An Exciting Highlight of Best of Florida Christmas at Gaylord Palms
November 18, 2006 - January 2, 2007

Who says the holidays in Florida are all about palm trees and sunshine? Prepare for the coolest winter on record as Gaylord Palms™ Resort presents ICE! An instant dose of winter, this spectacle is made from nearly two million pounds of ice!

This year, ICE! will reflect the theme "A Season of Wishes", featuring several new and revised scenes, including a walk-through holiday train depot with a locomotive to explore inside and out!

Other scenes will include a Victorian holiday home with a life-sized horse-drawn carriage you can sit in, the whimsical Santa's Toyland, and a majestic Church in the Woods. Back by popular demand, the breathtaking life-size nativity carved completely of crystal-clear ice. And, of course, three fantastic ice slides will return amid a towering Christmas Castle.

Put away the flip-flops, this event is a chilly 9 degrees! But, don't worry, we've got plenty of parkas to keep you warm!

Your ICE! experience continues throughout the resort, with Best of Florida Christmas at Gaylord Palms, a celebration of the holidays in the Sunshine State.

ICE! will be open daily from November 18, 2006 - January 2, 2007, including holidays. Tickets for ICE! will go on sale October 1.

NOTE: ICE! is kept at a frigid 9 degrees. Be sure to dress appropriately; closed toe shoes and long pants are required. Hooded parkas will be provided for your warmth and comfort inside the exhibit.

Fun Facts About ICE!

Nearly 2,000,000 pounds of ice will be used to create ICE!

Nearly 5,000 blocks of ice will be hand carved and transformed into a winter wonderland.

1,500+ fluorescent lights will be frozen within the ice, creating a magical holiday experience

More than 18,000 total square feet of space is covered by the ICE! attraction. Kept at a brisk 9 degrees Fahrenheit, the unique structure housing ICE! is also known as the “Florida Fridge.” It is believed to be the first of its kind in North America.

9° is the average temperature inside “The Florida Fridge.”

Frequently Asked Questions About ICE!

I understand ICE! is 9 degrees… what should I wear?
All guests are provided calf-length, hooded winter coats to keep them warm. Coats are available in all sizes, including children and infants. For maximum comfort guests should wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Hats and gloves are recommended - and are available for purchase. Think Christmas morning in Alaska...and dress accordingly!

Do I need boots?
All pathways through the ICE! exhibit are carpeted, and boots are not required. We do, however, recommend wearing comfortable, close-toed walking shoes.

Is ICE! wheelchair and stroller accessible?
The ICE! attraction is accessible by both wheelchairs and strollers. Although a limited number of wheelchairs are available on-site, to minimize waiting times, guests requiring a wheel chair may bring their own.

May I take photos?
Guests are welcome to bring cameras and take photos of the ICE! exhibit. Many of our guests experience a "fogging" of the lens when exiting into warmer temperatures. This, however, usually goes away once the camera warms up. Please check the manufacturer information regarding the cold tolerance of your camera equipment. Gaylord Palms™ Resort is not responsible for damage to any camera equipment caused by the extreme cold temperature. For your convenience, single-use cameras are available for purchase.

Can I lick the ice?
Come on...what kind of question is that? Of course you CANNOT lick the ice.

What else is there to do at Gaylord Palms®?
ICE! is just one component of our Best of Florida Christmas celebration, kicking off November 18 and running through January 2!

This year's newest addition will be ICE! Skating, an outdoor rink that will offer a holiday tradition common only in northern climates.

Other highlights include:

The Majestic Christmas Tree, perched atop Castillo de San Marcos Fo

chyanmor
13-08-2006, 22:13
Hi,

Thanks for the replies however noted it was Opry land which is having the dinner?? Does any one know if the florida one is?

Huw

ShirleyD
14-08-2006, 04:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chyanmor
Hi,

There has been a number of posts on this topic and I am too interested in Gaylord palms for christmas day lunch this year. I did try to contact Gaylord palms to see if it is possible to make a booking and have not heard back from them. There is a sample menu from Gaylord palms from the previous year in one of the posts in here and it does look very nice. If anyone knows when it is possible to book this I would be very grateful if they could let me know.

Regards

Huw
[/quote]
When we went, they would not take bookings for Christmas until after Thanksgiving

sonofsos
27-09-2006, 22:21
I emailed Gaylord Palms about Christmas Day lunch and I got a reply from them saying that the menu will be released in mid October and that they will start to take bookings 30 days prior to the event.

glasgowmary
30-09-2006, 02:59
roll on october then !![sporty]

moodyvilla
21-10-2006, 03:37
We managed to book back in August, I telephoned reservations and explained I lived out of the US and booked no problems.

brizzle
21-10-2006, 19:09
Might try calling then, already booked ICE! with the optional skating for a bargain £56 (3 adults / 2 children) on Christmas Day....

Not sure whether to eat before the exhibition/skating or after

Mrs Brizzle
03-11-2006, 17:46
Hi, I just phoned the Gaylord Palms and booked Villa de Flora for our Christmas meal after reccomendation from here. The earliest seating time I could get however was 5.15pm so it would seem to be booking up fast. So it's Chrismas tea for us this year instead of the traditional 1pm lunch. I think it will work quite well though as we won't have to rush so much and can visit MK in the morning and fit it ICE! and skating. Roll on Christmas!
Heidi

chyanmor
07-11-2006, 23:39
They are booking up fast managed to get in 17:30 on Christmas Day, looking forward to nice food :) Countdown to christmas has begun :)

jillyb
08-11-2006, 02:46
I rang yesterday to book for the New Years Day brunch and was told they are not taking reservations for that yet, and to ring back in a few weeks, which I found quite surprising. Has anyone else booked for new year?

Ray&Sarah
08-11-2006, 03:53
We were told you could book from 5.00 onwards but not for Christmas Lunch yet, mind you we know that some people have booked for then too.[msnsmile2]

chyanmor
09-11-2006, 23:19
Hi,

I got sent the following before I booked up with them:-

Good day -

We are now accepting reservations for Christmas Brunch. Parties of 19
people or less can be booked through Villa de Flora directly at 407/
586-1114, and parties of 20 or more can be booked through Melissa Gioia
at 407/ 586-1604. Currently the menu is not finalized at the time. The
cost of the buffet will be $38 for adults, $19 for children 12 and under
and free for children under 3.

:)

Lynne S
10-11-2006, 01:03
We had a meal at the Villa-de-Flora in September, it was wonderful. I'm sure all those who are going at Christmas will really enjoy it.

Visited ICE last Thanksgiving, a great display and the best fun we had in ages was laughing at each other in the wonderful electric blue parkers they give you to wear...Not very flattering[msnwink]

Fattyp
10-11-2006, 01:28
We also booked for Christmas brunch last weekend. The earliest time slot was 5.15 which suits us - late brekkie by the pool and a nice lazy day but with a good evening out with friends and family to look forward to as well.

sonofsos
15-11-2006, 02:33
Just booked in for Christmas Day as well. 6.00pm sitting for us [msnsmile]

jillyb
15-11-2006, 17:12
I have now managed to book our family for the New Years Day brunch, at the Villa de Flora, which is being served from 12 - 3pm.
We then have tickets for the Ice show, and will be burning the calories off by ice skating as well!