PDA

View Full Version : Green Meadows Petting Farm

Paula D-S
24-07-2006, 14:25
We visited Green Meadows for the first time on Sunday. My daughters had a great time and enjoyed the pony ride and train ride. It has a large play area for the little ones to let off steam after the two and a half hour hour, which lets you hold all the animals and milk a cow.
The farm is located on Poinciana Boulevard, about 5 miles from Highway 192.

Just a little word of warning make sure you wear lots of insect repellant, I've never been bitten in Florida but plenty of little blighters had a good chew on me whilst here.

Lynne S
24-07-2006, 14:45
Thanks for the update Paula, nice to hear you all enjoyed it. A few of our guests with small children have also enjoyed a day there too.

You must taste good Paula[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
24-07-2006, 16:11
didnt do this one last hols but think we may take a look next time wearing lots of insect repellant!

ALR
24-07-2006, 21:10
Last year I took Garlic capsules in the run up to our hols and the little blighters gave me a wide berth.[msnwink]

ALR

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-07-2006, 22:03
We love Green Meadows and often go with the children and take a pic-nic. It's a great place and really fun for all the family.

LiesaAnna
25-07-2006, 00:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ALR
Last year I took Garlic capsules in the run up to our hols and the little blighters gave me a wide berth.[msnwink]

ALR
[/quote]

so it does work then? a friend suggested garlic capsules but didnt as i didnt think it would work

ALR
25-07-2006, 20:58
Well all I can say is that I didn't get bit. Perhaps I'm not a tasty specimen. I took them religiously for about 2 or 3 months before travelling.

ALR

Mr G
25-07-2006, 23:23
..... I took them religiously for about 2 or 3 months before travelling.

ALR
[/quote]

Yes Andrea, but did you loose many friends at home before you travelled.?[msnwink]

floridageoff
26-07-2006, 00:27
We visited Green Meadows Petting Farm in the winter so fortuntely didn't get bitten. We had a lovely day there when our two daughters were little. That was back in 1990, I think they did hayrides too, not sure if they still do them.

ALR
26-07-2006, 14:47
They were odourless capsules Graham[msnwink]

ALR

Sandy Beach
04-08-2006, 18:58
We take our 3 yr. old grandson everytime he comes to the villa with us.He loves it for the tractors & fire engines as much as the animals.They were doing the hay rides last Oct.and he had to sit on my cardigan as the hay was tickling his legs.

CarolAnn
09-08-2006, 20:04
They were odourless capsules Graham[msnwink]

ALR
[/quote]
Just heard recently that vitamin B capsules do the trick too:) Would make sense as I take Vit B all the time and so far, never been bitten in Florida. Could be the fact that I spend a lot of time in the shopping malls mind?:D LOL

ALR
10-08-2006, 11:55
Funny you should say that Carol because my consultant at the hospital has had me taking Vitamin B6 and B12 for the past two years[msnwink]

ALR

Sandy Beach
11-08-2006, 19:58
I have a friend who says she has never been bitten since she started using Avon Skin So Soft dry oil body spray.Apparently our athletes use it when attending meets abroad.