PDA

View Full Version : Egypt

eagleydo
23-07-2006, 04:21
Temple of Luxor, avenue of sphinxs

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/eagleydo/200672301529_19877B217-AD57-86F6-01419A99E6C8B74D.jpg

Bill and I at the temple of Hatshepsut. My son and daughter when looking at the pics that day said I looked like a strawberry and burst into laughter.(Aren't kids wonderful!!)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/eagleydo/20067230211_988123DC-DBAD-9E43-0A0B7DD6F9E11D1A.jpg

LiesaAnna
23-07-2006, 08:14
lovely pics,
would love to visit here
thanks Jan:D

ALR
23-07-2006, 10:53
Lovely pics. This somewhere my husband would like to visit.

ALR

dawn
23-07-2006, 14:09
Great pics, we went there last Easter, and it is absoltuely amazing how they built these amazing temples etc

carolmc
24-07-2006, 10:35
Terrific photos. We were im Egypt two years ago, and are going back again next week:)
Can't wait,

Sniff
24-07-2006, 14:05
Fantastic place...we were there about 10-12 years ago. The Valley of the Kings is amazing. Did you manage to get to Cairo? The pyramids are a sight to behold, but it's so disappointing that Cairo has spread so much you can pretty much drive right up to the pyramids now.

eagleydo
24-07-2006, 21:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
Fantastic place...we were there about 10-12 years ago. The Valley of the Kings is amazing. Did you manage to get to Cairo? The pyramids are a sight to behold, but it's so disappointing that Cairo has spread so much you can pretty much drive right up to the pyramids now.
[/quote]

Didn't get to Cairo on this visit but will be going next year, hopefully. 1 week cruise down the nile with excursions and 1 week in Luxor.
This visit we did Valley of the Kings, Temple of Hatshepsut, Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Mummification Museum and Karnak Temple(wow!)
Brilliant hol, albeit I took ill a few days before we came home and was unable to eat anything for 8 days.Even now I can only eat the smallest amount (on the plus side though I could lose a few pounds which wouldn't be too bad)

eagleydo
24-07-2006, 21:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carolmc
Terrific photos. We were im Egypt two years ago, and are going back again next week:)
Can't wait,
[/quote]

Have a great time Carol!!:)

Sniff
25-07-2006, 13:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
[/quote]

Didn't get to Cairo on this visit but will be going next year, hopefully. 1 week cruise down the nile with excursions and 1 week in Luxor.
This visit we did Valley of the Kings, Temple of Hatshepsut, Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Mummification Museum and Karnak Temple(wow!)
Brilliant hol, albeit I took ill a few days before we came home and was unable to eat anything for 8 days.Even now I can only eat the smallest amount (on the plus side though I could lose a few pounds which wouldn't be too bad)
[/quote]
Fantastic place to visit, and it sounds like you packed a lot in! My wife also got sick, on the train from Luxor to Cairo. I think it was the yoghurt [xx(]

carolmc
19-08-2006, 02:14
Well, we have just returned from Egypt.....and it was great. This was our second time to visit and I have to say it was even better the second time around.
We had a Nile cruise for 7 days - food was really excellent, and then a week in El Gouna. No evidence of any "problems"...in fact we felt very safe, particularyly in El Gouna.
If anyone is thinking of visiting Egypt, in the near future, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Now, all I have to do is adjust to the real world - dinners, washing etc[msncry]

eagleydo
19-08-2006, 04:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carolmc
Well, we have just returned from Egypt.....and it was great. This was our second time ......................................
[/quote]

What about some pics then Carol? Got to try that trip down the nile next time.

The Cardinal
21-08-2006, 14:27
Eagleydo and Carol,

I was thinking of going to Egypt but heard very offputting things about the extreme heat this time of year. What did you both think of it? One website I looked at mentioned temperatures upwards of 40 degrees. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

eagleydo
21-08-2006, 20:21
We had temps of 40 above and it did not spoil the holiday at all, low humidity. Came home and the temps were in the 30's and I couldn't cope at all. High humidity is the problem. Did visiting sites in the morning and back to the hotel and the pool abt 2.30pm. Little siesta in the room about 4.30 to 5-30 and then back out again.
Don't be put off by the temps., just remember to drink plenty of bottled water.
We went at the very hottest time of the year and I am not one of those people who really love the sun and I coped perfectly well. Go for it, is my advise, have a great holiday.