PDA

View Full Version : A more relaxed park

baberesq
22-07-2006, 09:44
Just a note, went to Cypress Gardens,what a great place, about 40 rides, including a wooden roller coaster, and a great water park, with about 6 water slides, a wave pool and a large water play ground for younger kids. They also have one of those lazy rivers where you can rent a large tube for $4 and float around the park. The water park admission is free with regular admission. Best is NO LINES!! rode most rides 2X with no wait! If your looking for a relaxing day and all with a small time atmosphere this place was fantastic.[clap] PS The gardens were beautiful also a water ski show and fireworks at night.

ShirleyD
22-07-2006, 10:58
Sounds great, we've not been there, but my parents loved it when they went.

LiesaAnna
22-07-2006, 10:59
has anyone got any photos of this place? would love to see it in pictures, think its a definate must for next years trip!

Genie
22-07-2006, 11:29
Try www.cypressgardens.com Liesa
We used to go every year before it was closed and as Shirley says a much more relaxing day, the Banyan tree is over 70 years old and the place was created from swamp land. The cruise boat that goes round lake Eloise is lovely too. we have been back when it re-opened but the water park was not oped then so will be going back in September. This used to be one of my favourite places.

LiesaAnna
22-07-2006, 11:38
Thanks Jean, still would like to see pics tho,

heathercobbett
22-07-2006, 13:09
You also get a free re=admission ticket which makes 2 very reasonable days out

I would advise you to get your hand stamped and eat over the road.The meal we had was not that great

chris c
22-07-2006, 13:19
You're wish is my command Liesa!

The gardens

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/200672291510_gardens.jpg

They also have a butterfly house

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/200672291546_butterfly.jpg

And birds

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/20067229167_bird.jpg

The ski show

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/200672291641_skishow.jpg

A show called The Living Garden (sort of moving statues!!)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/200672291748_livinggarden.jpg

The Thunderbolt (didn't try this one!)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/200672291821_thunderbolt.jpg

Okeechobee Rampage (the wooden rollercoaster)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/200672291928_Okeechobeerampage.jpg

Got lots more!!

mfairhurst
22-07-2006, 16:25
BRINGS BACK LOVELY MEMORIES ,Thankyou for the lovely pictures will bee going again next visit
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Paula D-S
22-07-2006, 16:51
Great photos Chris, we have been twice during our stay this time. When you pay for the first day you then go to customer relations and they give you another free day to be used within 7 days.

It is a very relaxed park with no queues even at this time of year. My daughters loved it.

christhear
22-07-2006, 21:20
We went in February, my 8 year old son, myself and my Mum and Dad. Sam and I had a great time on the rides and Mum and Dad enjoyed the gardens. We were able to stay on the rides as many times as we wished. We did go on the thinderbolt pictured above, I was expecting to be shot into the air but it takes you up really slowly then drops you very quickly.
Will be going back next Feb.

LiesaAnna
23-07-2006, 01:35
Thanks Christine
theyre lovely pictures!!
we really must go there next time! it looks lovely, especially the butterflies i love them thsyre so pretty

Sally D
23-07-2006, 21:56
We are planning to go there in October.

How far is it[?]

Heather, when you say 'eat over the road', what places are there to eat[?]

chris c
23-07-2006, 22:32
It's off Highway 27 south of I4.

From Orlando: Take I4 WEST to exit 55 (Hwy 27 SOUTH). Continue South on Hwy. 27.
Turn right off Hwy 27 at State Road 540(Cypress Gardens Boulevard). Park is 4 miles on the left.

dawn
26-07-2006, 00:33
Can we buy tickets for Cypress Gardens via this site? - it looks a really nice place to visit

chris c
26-07-2006, 00:47
I don't think you can as I wanted them too.
I had a look yesterday, but couldn't find them.

feathersonline
26-07-2006, 02:13
We actually purchased annual passes when we were there in June - cost around $89 each... Great value for money - you get free parking and 10% discount off food, drinks and gifts...:)

Herbie
11-08-2006, 01:29
I'm sure I read somewhere that it was not a very wheelchair friendly place to visit, with no reduction on admission even though a number of rides are not accessible for wheelchair users. Anyone know if this is still the case ?

Paula D-S
11-08-2006, 02:17
I do know that a few of the roller coasters are only accessible by steps which isn't very wheelchair friendly, however this is only a few of the rides. I can't say I noticed any discounts for disabled but seniors (55 and over) do get discounts.

kip
13-12-2006, 02:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
Sounds great, we've not been there, but my parents loved it when they went.[/quote] Went there on a Monday in August - 3 generations of us - a bit expensive for what there is, but got a free day if we returned within 7 days. Absolutely no-one there on second visit (American kids had gone back to school)so turned out to be ever so relaxing, except some of the things were not open. Excellent place for OAP's, kids under 12 but don't take teenagers!

Tracey K
13-12-2006, 20:40
I have read that if you have an annual ticket for any other park they will allow you free entrance to Cypress Gardens until 24th December 2006 if anyone is out there at the moment and wants to try it out.

whitfield family
18-12-2006, 07:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kip
Went there on a Monday in August - 3 generations of us - a bit expensive for what there is, but got a free day if we returned within 7 days. Absolutely no-one there on second visit (American kids had gone back to school)so turned out to be ever so relaxing, except some of the things were not open. Excellent place for OAP's, kids under 12 but don't take teenagers!
[/quote]

We went there last summer with 3 teenagers (who all love the big rides at theme parks) and they thought it was great.

anorak
25-12-2006, 04:15
Disneydreaming, yes we went yesterday to Cypress Gardens, used our Sea World Annual Pass, got in free except for $9 car parking.
If we had bought an annual pass yesterday at CG they would have given us $10 off and refunded the $9 car parking.
Can't say fairer than that. offer finished today, may be another one next year.
I hadn't been there for 11 years, its got some rides now but not humungous ones, theres still some nice topiary and botanical gardens, theres a reasonable waterski show and some other end of the pier style indoor shows which were good in a smalltown sort of way.

In fact the whole park is kind of smalltown, and thats good for us.Not too much walking.It was aparently the first Florida theme park in 1934.

They are apparently still having financial problems, it was nearly empty of visitors yesterday I am afraid, could have been the rainy weather this week put people off , but it was nice there yesterday.
Nearly all US visitors, only heard one other Brit couple and it turns out they live here like we do.
A very pleasant experience all round and if you stay in Davenport area its not far to drive either.

LiesaAnna
27-12-2006, 02:41
hope theyre still open when we go in sept 07, looking forward to it, my daughter would prefer the quieter rides/parks