PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the Gulf Coast

eastcoastbranch
22-07-2006, 02:22
We have a guest going over to Orlando in August and asked if we knew of any places to try out fishing on a boat near to St Pete`s on the Gulf Coast. Has anyone ever did this or know any good places to try. I know the internet would be a good place to start looking but everyone`s so helpful on this forum I thought this would be a great place to ask.
Hannah.

Kazzie
22-07-2006, 03:53
Hannah,

Just an idea, but why not post this question in the Gulf Coast Owners Area?

Karen

Vanessa
22-07-2006, 06:17
Not sure about St. Pete area but there are many fishing charters in Boca Grande/Port Charlotte area which may be a bit too far for your guests. I think there is a floriafishing.com website which may help.

Robert5988
22-07-2006, 11:44
It depends what type of fishing he wants - or what he wants to spend.

Up and down both coasts there are 'party' boats with lots of inexperienced tourists. These provide tackle and go out for a couple of hours or half a day and are the least expensive outings - from $30 or so.

You can go up in price to a $1,000 a day or more depending on how ambitious you are. Boca Grande is the 'Mecca' for serious fishermen - or The Keys if you want a long trip.

You can have really good fun buying some cheap tackle from Wal-Mart(and licence) and fishing on the beach or waterways. Just look where others are fishing - early mornings or evenings are best.

Steve and Dawn
22-07-2006, 12:03
Or they could try fishing off the piers, most of them do it. I know Clearwater does. You can hire the tackle with some bait for about $18.

mfairhurst
23-07-2006, 02:55
There is a boat that goes out everyday from JOHNS PASS AT TREASURE ISLAND just a little further on than ST PETES and I think It goes our twice a day .You can e-mail tourist board or chamber of commerce in TREASURE ISLAND .good kuck catching them if you go as they say .[tight lines }.
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

eastcoastbranch
23-07-2006, 20:17
Thanks everyone for their input. A few good ideas to put forward.
Hannah.