PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle launch Aug 27th - launch tickets available

wilfy
19-07-2006, 18:10
Anyone who will be out during August, the next planned shuttle launch is for 4.04pm on August 28th. The launch tickets have just been made available as of 9am est (or 2pm uk) 19th july.

We've bagged 2 as it's something i've always wanted to see up close. Just hope there are no delays.[msnsmile2]

walden64
19-07-2006, 23:06
Mike has been trying all day and finally managed to get 4 adults and 1 child ticket.

Mike and myself are really looking forward to it.

Michelle & Mike

karenhaworth
19-07-2006, 23:15
Thanks Wilfy we are out from the 24th for 10 days so hopefully it will be go for launch

Colin

christhear
19-07-2006, 23:26
Got in at 2:20pm (tickets went on sale 2pm) and they had already sold out of the ones we wanted. Got 3 adult and 1 child to watch from the visitor center. We leave Sept 2nd so hopefully it goes before than if there are any delays.

linda allen
20-07-2006, 01:09
we are there from 31st August so I hope it goes up on schedule.

Christine the visitors center will be great. You still have the I Max theatres and all the other things to see too, if they delay by an hour or so..

wilfy
20-07-2006, 06:01
I'd signed up for the upcoming launches, so i was hovering over the keyboard at 2pm sharp. Got ours with no problem.

steph_goodrum
20-07-2006, 13:37
"we are there from 31st August so I hope it goes up on schedule.

Linda if it goes up on schedule, you;ll miss it, first launch date is 28th. You can join me in the fingers crossed it slips by a few days camp:) For purely selfish reasons, hubby and I will arrive on 25th so we are ok but daughter and her boyfriend won't join us till 31st so we're hoping it will go after 1st as she really wants to see another launch and her boyfriend has never seen one so would like to if poss.

jackie greaves
26-07-2006, 15:14
Have only just seen this thread, we are out there until 5th September, but I bet we can't get tickets now. will try their web site and see. If not we will have to watch it from the beach.

jackie greaves
26-07-2006, 15:31
Have managed to book tickets for the Maximum Access Launch viewing. Does anyone know if we still have to pay the entrance fee when we arrive? Also can anyone advise me what would be the best time to get there if the launch is set for 4.04 pm?
Thanks

wilfy
26-07-2006, 17:29
Jackie,
the ticket includes the entrance. There is a faq associated with the booking page which explains all about it. When your tickets arrive you are GIVEN an arrival time. You have to arrive within 1 hour of this time otherwise you won't get in. They do say to allow double your driving time, so from Kissimmee it's normally an hour, so allow 2 hours.

Mr G
26-07-2006, 17:40
Tickets are still available I think I will buy some I have been in Florida for a few launches but not seen one at Kennedy. Managed to see one from Eagle Pointe the other Year, just a vapour stream rising vertically but I bet they are great up closer.

christhear
26-07-2006, 18:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum[br

You can join me in the fingers crossed it slips by a few days camp:) For purely selfish reasons, hubby and I will arrive on 25th so we are ok but daughter and her boyfriend won't join us till 31st so we're hoping it will go after 1st as she really wants to see another launch and her boyfriend has never seen one so would like to if poss.
[/quote]

If it gets delayed beyond 1st September I'll contact you Steph as my tickets would be no good for me.

jackie greaves
26-07-2006, 20:09
Thanks Wilf & Sarah, I will wait for my tickets to arrive. We leave on 5th September so if its delayed after that our tickets will be available if anyone is interested.

Mr G
26-07-2006, 23:34
Same here if the launch is delayed past Sept 2nd I will offer my tickets. I suppose I could give them to my next guest as a USP[msnwink]

wilfy
26-07-2006, 23:37
All,
In the FAQ (which is well worth reading) these tickets are only good for the launch day and 1 day either side. If it gets delayed past August 29th, these tickets become invalid.

christhear
27-07-2006, 01:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
All,
In the FAQ (which is well worth reading) these tickets are only good for the launch day and 1 day either side. If it gets delayed past August 29th, these tickets become invalid.
[/quote]

The way i read it in the FAQ's you would need to buy a new entrance ticket but can still go to the launch as its your car pass that gets you into the car park for the launch. It says that the pass is launch specific.

steph_goodrum
27-07-2006, 01:18
Thanks for the offer Christine, that's kind of you.

It's because of the tendency to slip that we haven't bought passes and if it's going will hopefully get to Jetty Park or the Causeway to watch it.

jackie greaves
27-07-2006, 14:09
Leaving them for the next guest is a great idea Graham, provided they are valid. It would be my luck to leave them and the guests would find them invalid and want a refund[msnwink]

floridageoff
29-07-2006, 03:14
Space Shuttle Atlantis launch window has officialy moved up a day and is now targeted for August 27th.

Mission: STS-115 Atlantis
Launch Date: August 27 (with the window extending through Sept. 12)
Launch Time: 4:30 PM EST

wilfy
29-07-2006, 03:23
Now i'm hoping it gets delayed a day!. We've also got tickets for a concert on the 27th.

CERICROWLEY
29-07-2006, 03:47
For anyone booked tickets to be at KSC for the launch, you will need to set of really early.

I booked tickets for the first return to flight last year. Launch was set at 10.20am and I set off at 4.00am and I was still stuck in traffic, about 1 mile from the entrance on the causeway.

Also if like the last launch, everything is set and then about 30mins from launch the cloud does not disperse, and they scrub the launch, your tickets cannot be used again for the rescheduled launch. This is how it works. You get your car dash voucher, entry tickets and if you have priority viewing tickets your transportaion voucher for the viewing area.

If you use your entry ticket and the launch gets scrubbed you cannot use your entry ticket again, you have to purchase another entry ticket, and reschedule your priority viewing tickets with customer services, if you both entry and transportation tickets and launch gets scrubbed, you have to purchase new tickets again.

The Simpsons
03-08-2006, 02:18
Hi would some one please post the site address where you buy the tickets.
Thanks

jackie greaves
03-08-2006, 02:44
Its [website link edited - sorry, it's got links in it] Hope its ok to post this.
Jackie

Carla
03-08-2006, 03:35
Jackie it's [website link edited]

You have "center" the English way "centre".[msnsmile2]

jackie greaves
04-08-2006, 01:39
Sam & Steve, just type in the name in the search engine and I'm sure it will come up. It's quite easy to work out the web address.
Carla- spelling is not my best subject.
[msnwink]

The Simpsons
05-08-2006, 02:01
Thanks Jackie & Martin

I have looked on _asa web site and all tickets now sold out looks like we will head to Cocoa Beach, unless any one can give us any tips????:(

Southsider
05-08-2006, 12:59
Sam & Steve, We are going to watch the launch from Cocoa beach too, I am looking forward to it.

christhear
05-08-2006, 14:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by The Simpsons
Thanks Jackie & Martin

I have looked on _asa web site and all tickets now sold out looks like we will head to Cocoa Beach, unless any one can give us any tips????:(
[/quote]

I've just checked the web site there are tickets left to watch from the Space centre, which is what we have got. The tickets for the special launch viewing area were sold within 10 minutes of going on sale and unfortuneately neither me nor my husband had access to the internet or a phone at that particular time.

wilfy
05-08-2006, 14:30
Has anyone who has ordered tickets for this, received them yet?

walden64
05-08-2006, 17:04
No we haven't received our tickets yet - we have got 12 days before we are off to Florida so hope they arrive soon

Michelle

Jo
06-08-2006, 00:46
Has anyone watched from Jetty Park before. We think we might give it a go. Any suggestions as to how early we should get there.

We are thinking of leaving Orlando by 10 for the 4:30 launch , or is that too late?

christhear
06-08-2006, 01:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
Has anyone who has ordered tickets for this, received them yet?
[/quote]

I've asked for mine to be sent to my Mc, I think it said that they would be posted approx 2 weeks before launch date, seeing as i go next week I thought this would be the safest way to do things

mfairhurst
06-08-2006, 20:45
We saw pluto go from our florida room We are there on the 28 august so can cheer when we see it go up also watch tv from the lounge WOW .Hope it goes of on time .[clap]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

The Simpsons
07-08-2006, 00:17
MAUREEN

IT NOW GOES UP ON THE 27TH AUGUST NOT THE 28TH.

christhear
08-08-2006, 01:48
For those of you waiting for tickets I have just had a email with my UPS tracking number so you should be able to track where your tickets are. Hope you all get them before you travel.

steph_goodrum
08-08-2006, 02:20
"Has anyone watched from Jetty Park before. We think we might give it a go. Any suggestions as to how early we should get there.

We watched the launch of th erocket carrying Cassini to Saturn from Jetty Park in 97. It's a good location and has toilet and cafe facilities which are open whaterver time the launch is. It was something like 6 and 5.30 (am) the 2 days we went (it was scrubbed at T-10 the first time because of thunder in the area. From memory I think we left at about 3am but there obviously wasnt normal daytime traffic on the roads then so didnt take too long.

All being well thats where we're going to aim to see the nect launch from.

Southsider
08-08-2006, 02:37
Steph, is Jetty Park in Titusville? Apparently for this launch it is the best place to be.

wilfy
08-08-2006, 13:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
For those of you waiting for tickets I have just had a email with my UPS tracking number so you should be able to track where your tickets are. Hope you all get them before you travel.
[/quote]

I received my notification this morning. Should be here Thursday. [msnsmile2]

abbeyvillas
09-08-2006, 01:44
We were thinking of going to Cocoa Beach to watch but sounds like it is going to be busy there that day! Can anyone recommend the best place to head for, either there or at 'Jetty Park', (somewhere in Titusville I understand) [?]
Pam

wilfy
09-08-2006, 12:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by abbeyvillas
We were thinking of going to Cocoa Beach to watch but sounds like it is going to be busy there that day! Can anyone recommend the best place to head for, either there or at 'Jetty Park', (somewhere in Titusville I understand) [?]
Pam
[/quote]

Pam,
we've been to Cocoa Beach and tried to watch a launch. Sat on the beach for a couple of hours not knowing it had been scrubbed. Getting there wasn't too bad, finding a spot on the beach was easy. Finding somewhere to park without any restrictions was the hardest part.

mfairhurst
09-08-2006, 14:27
They usualy make a charge for parking on the side of the road at TITUSVILLE now as there is deaignated parking at a charge, Some charge $10 ,The police have stopped all road parking as it is not safe for all other road users ,We parked once on a AVENUE across the road if there is a space but go early and put the radio on so you will know if it is canceled or if they change the tome slot
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

steph_goodrum
09-08-2006, 14:33
That's why we like Jetty Park as well the tannoy announcements (from Kennedy so you hear all the countdown etc) keep you up to date, there is a dedicated radio frequency as well to catch it on the radio if you are parked somewhere that doesn't have loudspeakers.

They also have a trailer with the official merchandise on sale to pick up your souvenirs.

It's about 1/2 hour from Titusville according to Mapquest.

walden64
10-08-2006, 00:36
Received our tickets today.

We need to be there between 9.30 and 10.30 so it is going to be a long day

Michelle

abbeyvillas
14-08-2006, 16:20
Think we may try Jetty Park, will get on to Mapquest for the directions. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Pam

wrpac00
16-08-2006, 06:32
There's talk it may delayed due to a fault.

jackie greaves
16-08-2006, 19:06
Michelle we are the same time as you. I said exactly the same thing when our tickets arrive.
Paul I hope its not delayed[msnsad]

wrpac00
17-08-2006, 08:02
Should know in the next day or so.

steph_goodrum
17-08-2006, 12:28
If it has to go back the Vehicle Assembly building to rectify it , it's bound to cause a bit of a delay.

jackie greaves
17-08-2006, 14:15
Will keep my eye on their web site. Fingers crossed.

Peppermint
27-08-2006, 02:13
The shuttle launch has been provisionally postponed for 24 hours. A decision on a Monday launch will be taken at 10am local time Sunday.

Southsider
27-08-2006, 06:29
Just as well, as the weather forcast is not good for tomorrow, I heard on the news that the Shuttle it was hit by hit lightening today.
Fingers X'd for Monday[msnsmile2]