Hodders
19-07-2006, 17:51
I have shortlisted the villas that are avilable and these are the areas:

Indian Creek
Windsor Hills
Emerald Island
Sunset Lakes
Rolling Hills

Can anyone give me good or bad points of these places? Totally honest please! I just want to know how near restuarants they are, (Any near a Golden Corral!!) if they are really a few minute drive to Disney in reality and anything else useful?

Thanks

LiesaAnna
19-07-2006, 18:37
i think the reviews are all great, myself have been to florida pines up on the 27 and have found our favourite place on Terra verde!
think a couple of them are near to TV??? not sure tho

Newhomebuyer
19-07-2006, 19:09
All those subdivisions are in the same area. ie close to Formosa Gardens boulevard, where there are shops and plenty of restaurants.
There is an Outback, a Red Lobster, Giardannos, Subway, TGI Fridays, Cracker Barrell, Carrabas and Taco Bell and they are just the ones on that Plaza. On the 192 there are many more.
There is a Golden Coral on the 192 hear marker 5 which is close by.
They are all in a great location for Disney, particularly for Animal Kingdom.
I would look at the community descriptions on this web site if you have not already done so.
Go with the villa that appeals to you and your family the most. Perhaps let everyone who is staying there have a vote on their favourite.

Hodders
19-07-2006, 19:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
All those subdivisions are in the same area. ie close to Formosa Gardens boulevard, where there are shops and plenty of restaurants.
There is an Outback, a Red Lobster, Giardannos, Subway, TGI Fridays, Cracker Barrell, Carrabas and Taco Bell and they are just the ones on that Plaza. On the 192 there are many more.
There is a Golden Coral on the 192 hear marker 5 which is close by.
They are all in a great location for Disney, particularly for Animal Kingdom.
I would look at the community descriptions on this web site if you have not already done so.
Go with the villa that appeals to you and your family the most. Perhaps let everyone who is staying there have a vote on their favourite.
[/quote]

Thanks, that was my plan. I have printed off the descriptions, but I was just wondering if there was anymore useful info.

dawn
19-07-2006, 19:33
I am biased, and can only say why we love and bought at Sunset Lakes. It is a small community, set around 2 lakes. All the homes have either lake or conservation views. We find it very quiet and peaceful, and nice to return after the hubbub of the parks etc. The homes are 1 or 2 storey, ranging from 3-6 beds, and are very spacious, and yes very close to Disney - less than 10 minutes via a shortcut[msnwink]. The 192 is minutes away with numerous restaurants, including the Golden Corrall. We also have a community pool and playground.

chrizzy100
19-07-2006, 19:52
I've only been to Emerald Island out of those places...and thought it looked very nice...

Kazzie
19-07-2006, 19:56
Depending on the time of year you are thinking of going, I wouldnt hang about for too long before booking as the villas that you have chosen may no longer be available, especially if it is within the school holiday periods etc.

Karen

dawn
19-07-2006, 21:16
I think Hodders are looking at 24 March onwards, in which case, some good advice from Karen, we are already booked for that period

erowlands
19-07-2006, 22:47
We are at Oak island cove which is also part of the Formosa subdivision, again we are biased because we bought there!!! any of these estates are lovely as are all the estates on 27 so its down to personal preference in the end,the period you are talking about is very busy,we are already sold out for March and most of April so book as soon as possible if you want the best pick of the villas

Good Luck Eric

ALR
19-07-2006, 23:04
We had a lovely time at Emerald Island. Very close to TGI, Red Lobster, Houlihans just down the 192. Convenient for Publix which I prefer to Walmart. As the villa had its own pool we didn't use the public facilities.

ALR

mfairhurst
20-07-2006, 00:15
We are near a Cracker barrel ,Tgi fridays ,Red lobster,Carrabas ,Golden coral and a new Applebees opening soon they are on the 192 so you cannot go wrong .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

KarenG
09-09-2006, 00:37
Here is a list of restaurants with in 10 Miles of the Formosa Gardens Blvd area and the neighborhoods that you are looking at I am partial to Indian Creek since we own our home in that neighborhood.
Red Lobster
Friday’s
Key W Kool’s
Outback Steak House
Giordano’s
Cracker Barrel Restaurant
Dairy Queen
Subway Sandwiches
Taste of China
Magic Mining Co
Taco Bell
Burger King
Mc Donald’s
Passage to India
Waffle House
Sizzler
Golden Corral
Dunkin Donuts
Ponderosa Steak House
Denny’s
Fiorino New York Pizza
Ihop Restaurant
Black Angus
Golden China
Take Japanese Restaurant
Perkins Family Restaurant
Chick-Fil-A
Bob Evans Restaurant
Angel’s Diner Lobster Feast
China Star Restaurant
Pizza Hut
Beef O’ Brady’s
Ace Plus Chinese Buffet
Domino’s Pizza
Moe’s Southwest Grill
Wow Café & Wingery
Smokey Bones BBQ Grill
Cold Stone Creamery
Churchills

millie
09-09-2006, 02:42
We have stayed at Sunset Lakes and I thought it was a lovely community. The villa we stayed at had a view over a conservation area which was lovely. It was extremely close to shops and restaurants and the short cut to Animal Kingdom and the disney property proved very useful. Only took us 10 mins to get to Main Gate of MK. We stayed in Esprit before and it was a good 25 mins. Just was a bit handier for our needs. Would totally recommend.
L