PDA

View Full Version : Driving problem

kitty
16-07-2006, 19:55
Hi just arrived back after travelling since yesterday morning,had a great time which i will do a report soon but the day before we were due home my husband had a knock to the front of our hire car,called the police and had a report form filled in which took about 15 mins,he then said you can go now,he said there was no ticket or citation at all just to inform dollar,we reported it to them when the car was returned to which she just asked for the police report and he had to describe what happened and she said thats it.Has anybody been in the same situation or similar and if so does anybody get in touch with you about the accident after returning home.
[msnscared]

Tonish
16-07-2006, 20:53
Hi Kitty

Had the same happen about 13 years ago in the car park of Ron Jon's surf shop, Cocoa Beach. I reversed into someone coming into the car park and there was damage to both cars. Police called, statements taken etc. Never heard another thing, either from police, insurance or car hire company.

I think you can relax.

kitty
17-07-2006, 13:59
Thanks for the reply,did you have any problems hiring a car when you next went back to florida[?]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-07-2006, 14:21
I managed to rear end a car in Virginia a few years ago - no damage done to either car. We called the Police to report it and an officer arrived very quickly. We had to fill out a form and that was it. When we returned the car we mentioned it to Dollar and they said no problem.

That was the last we heard of it.

kitty
17-07-2006, 19:45
Hopefully we wont hear anything either then,our car only had a scuffed bumper but her car was completely bashed in on the wing,a 17yr old driving her mums 2006 mustang,i dont think she could control the car

zerotone
17-07-2006, 19:59
Last year we ran into the back of another hire car just at the lights before Universal entrance. Luckily for us the people in the car we hit were not hurt and the police officer who attended said that she would not issue a citation as both cars were with Dollar and no one was hurt. Like others we had no come back from either the police or Dollar after returning home and have since hired cars from Dollar with no problem.

Jane