PDA

View Full Version : SHEIKRA

das c
15-07-2006, 16:27
Hi everyone

You have got to have a go on this ride its awesome it will scare the pants off you.Forget oblivian this is the real deal.

dawn
15-07-2006, 18:39
Brilliant isn't it - worth driving to Tampa just for that!

LiesaAnna
15-07-2006, 23:10
my family are looking forward to that!! missed it last time!

pieman790
16-07-2006, 00:37
We did it 3 times in May, all after one another. We did have to get off but by the time we walked around we were at the front of the queue. Good ride but my favourite still has to be the Montu.

ALR
16-07-2006, 11:53
Showing my ignorance here but what is the Montu? We are looking forward to going to Busch Gardens later this year. We've heard it's much better than AK.

ALR

pieman790
16-07-2006, 12:33
The Montu is a fast inverted roller coaster in Busch Gardens. It was (Not sure if it still is) the worlds most inverted roller coaster when it was first opened.
Great ride and normally has very short queues.

Homer
16-07-2006, 15:07
Personally I think Montu is the best of the lot

Although I am looking forward to going on Sheikra will be heading for Montu as soon as we get there!

nicklangdon
17-07-2006, 00:57
According to nick Montu is a smoother ride but kraken is still his favourite.
Personally i like to keep my feet on the ground - one ride on kraken and i felt [sick] for some time after!

Ali

crystalcove8513
19-07-2006, 08:03
They are all fab! If you are daring enough then make sure you get in the queue for the front seats on Sheikra! By far the best seats, especially on the outer edges!!
Try it and post a reply...after you've composed yourself.

gerry67
20-07-2006, 00:28
YESS SHEIKRA WAS THE BEST RIDE OF THE HOL..YOUR HEART JUST STOPS WHEN YOU ARE AT THE TOP OF THAT HILL! BUT IT WAS AMAZIN .. A MUST FOR EVERYONE :)

ncmurray
21-09-2006, 15:31
I agree with all the above. Montu is fantastic, and I would highly recommend the front row!!

But Sheikra has to be the best one ever!! When we went in August we queued up 7 times in a row to go on it! We did a child swap because our youngest was too small (and too scared), our other two got to go on it 14 times, 7 times with me, and 7 times with my husband. THATS how good it was. As said already, the front row is an absolute must, and yes, the outer edge seats are best.

nicseg
21-09-2006, 16:44
We haven't been to BG for some years now but after reading this thread I think its a must do for next time.
Nic&Sue

nicseg
21-09-2006, 16:45
Also, I never read the caution signs before the ride anymore, I don't think I would go on anything if I did.[:O]

pieman790
21-09-2006, 17:19
We have always gone on Monday and never had to wait no morew than 10 mins for a ride. In fact in May this year we stayed on the Montu for a repeat ride and could have continued on it for a third/fourth time.
We love BG it just a long day with 150 mile round trip.

nicseg
21-09-2006, 20:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
We have always gone on Monday and never had to wait no morew than 10 mins for a ride. In fact in May this year we stayed on the Montu for a repeat ride and could have continued on it for a third/fourth time.
We love BG it just a long day with 150 mile round trip.
[/quote]
Hi Pieman
Have you ever thought of staying overnight? I think we will do BG next time we visit the Gulf coast.
Nic

djdigitald
21-09-2006, 23:44
I have said it before and i will say it agsin, i think apart from being 210ft up and a great view of Tampa Sheikra is very Lame. There are much better rides in Orlando at the parks and to be honest i would not put it in my Top 5.

1) The Hulk
2) Kraken
3) Gwazi
4) Rockin Rollercoaster
5) Montu.

davidrodgie
22-09-2006, 04:07
Sheikra is brilliant that feeling when your at the top of that first vertical drop is terrifying! but i think Montu beats it(in my opinion). We think Busch gardens is great, we were there in August the weather let us down badly, but we got open tickets to return again which is brill.[msnsmile2]

sammibabe
27-09-2006, 20:34
I don't do big rides but those in my family that do think this is a great ride - fab photo of them looking terrified:D They sat next to someone who had an annual pass and apparently if you have that you don't even have to get off the ride if you don't want to. Her son did it 50 times in a row[msneek]