PDA

View Full Version : weather prediction for september?

jaff
14-07-2006, 02:50
anyone of you lovely people know??

JoRo
14-07-2006, 03:18
too early to predict weather this far ahead but many owners say September is a lovely month!
Joyce

SunLover
14-07-2006, 03:44
We were out for the whole of September last year and the weather was stunning [8D]

Genie
14-07-2006, 10:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
We were out for the whole of September last year and the weather was stunning [8D]
[/quote]
and will be this year too I hope !!! fingers crossed as thats when we are there for 3 weeks [msnsmile2]

erowlands
14-07-2006, 10:28
We always go over in September,its quiet but really nice and warm,we prefer it to any other month, we fly out September 9th for two weeks

Eric

suegooding
14-07-2006, 10:55
Same for us, we are out in September too, can't wait.

berni_richards
14-07-2006, 11:34
we normally go in september but this year we are having a baby instead the weather in still very warm, light cardigan/sweater needed some nights but not all. Less people about if you go after labour day.

Berni

heathercobbett
14-07-2006, 11:56
We were out in Sep 2 years ago and had great weather and the first 2 weeks in Oct last year;again really nice.

steph_goodrum
14-07-2006, 12:14
We've been out last week Aug/first 2 weeks Sept for the last 3 years and are doing so again this year, so far we've had great weather except for one or 2 blips that can happen at virtually any time of year.

gwendolinemary
14-07-2006, 15:22
We have been there several times in September and have had lovely weather , apart from two years ago when we landed just before they closed the airport because Hurricane Francis was on it's way! We spent the first couple of days in our villa until the hurricane passed then the sun came out and the weather was fine. I think the area ( we were in Kissimmee) was affected by three hurricanes that year so you need to be aware of the possibility that it might happen again. An active hurricane season is predicted again this year. Mind you, we're going over on the 1st September for four weeks so it hasn't put us off![8D]:D[8D]

ALR
14-07-2006, 20:45
We were there last September and to be honest for the kids it was a little too hot but we found plenty of places in the shade and the air con was great. Going in November this time and hoping it's a bit cooler[8D]

ALR

chrizzy100
14-07-2006, 21:22
I like Nov till June...

My daughter does not like all the flying things in Sept...dragonflies and bugs..we have hells work getting her out the front door...its not like we don't have them where we live anyway..its just not so easy getting them with a newpaper when they are 20ft away on the ceiling..LOL!

stabard
14-07-2006, 22:11
September is the month we have visited most and the weather has always been glorious.

blue nose
14-07-2006, 23:20
I do not wish to put a dampener[msnwink] on things, but for the first two weeks in September last year, most days we had torrential rain and thunderstorms, from late afternoon into early evening, i am affraid this is par for the course for Florida this time of year, and of course it is still the hurricane season. [msnsad]

SunLover
15-07-2006, 03:07
Nice to see the "gloom and doom" merchants didn't put the rest of us off having a great time in Florida [msnwink]

rosie
15-07-2006, 03:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blue nose
I do not wish to put a dampener[msnwink] on things, but for the first two weeks in September last year, most days we had torrential rain and thunderstorms, from late afternoon into early evening, i am affraid this is par for the course for Florida this time of year, and of course it is still the hurricane season. [msnsad]
[/quote]

We were there for the first 2 weeks of Sept last year but I don't recall my mum sitting in the spa in the rain just about every evening, and have the photographs to prove it [msnwink] :D:D:D

Sept is our favourite month to visit [msnsmile]

chrizzy100
15-07-2006, 03:37
Rain is a part of FL...most of the time unless stuck in a shop in one of the parks..because sometime they'll not let you leave...I like the rain... I don't see any for months on end most years...and I do miss it...

Snapper
15-07-2006, 04:39
Nice to see the "gloom and doom" merchants didn't put the rest of us off having a great time in Florida [msnwink]
[/quote]
That's so right! [msnsmile2]

There are always tons of villa owners over in Florida in September. Now for people who know Florida inside out and have the fredom to travel whenever they chose you'd think they could find a better time of the year to be there? Ooooops! Maybe there isn't one? [msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
15-07-2006, 05:00
Oct Nov Dec...March April May...are better..not so hot humid or wet...[msnsmile2]

Katys Grandad
15-07-2006, 10:00
[/quote]

A little unfair I think.

I too have been to Florida in September and will be doing so again this year but blue nose is right in saying that it is in the Hurricane Season. Statistically, it is the month you are most likely to encounter the kind of weather he experienced.

Mo Green
15-07-2006, 13:05
We were staying in our Gulf Coast villa last September and did not see any rain. It is a lovely time to go - it is still hot but not humid.

Robert5988
15-07-2006, 13:11
I have to say I agree with Katys Grandad above.

If someone asks for advice on September weather and Blue Nose gives his honest opinion it is hardly 'doom and gloom'. You may disagree with him, or put his comments in perspective as you see it. You can look up the weather statistics yourself and see that it is still very warm and you can get a lot of rain which is why it is low season for USA tourists - wouldn't stop me, or most of us, going in Sept though.

It seems to me that if someone asks a question here, the stock answer is to give reassurance rather than objective advice.

Now my friends are thinking of going on a hill walking expedition in Afghanistan later this year and have asked for advice!!

andrewandcarole
15-07-2006, 13:17
September is a great time of year to go in my opinion. Less crowds as school holidays are over and the weather is glorious!
There is no time of year that you can't guarantee there won't be some rain - but as villa owners we visit at regularly and there isn't a month I wouldn't recommend!

Carole

DiannaUK
15-07-2006, 14:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
I
It seems to me that if someone asks a question here, the stock answer is to give reassurance rather than objective advice.

[/quote]
I don't think it's unfair to mention that there will be rain in September but a truly objective opinion will state that there's also an awful lot of sun as well.

It's all a matter of perspective and what might seem like overly positive comments are there simply to balance the less positive comments so that we can give people objective advice.

Now my bit of objective advice :) is that the hurricane season officially starts on 1 June and lasts until 1 November, but that doesn't seem to stop the millions of visitors that flood into Orlando each year who come back time and time again.

I can't think of any time of the year when I wouldn't enjoy Orlando and I'm out from 9-23 September this year and very much looking forward to it.

Dianna

florida4sun
15-07-2006, 14:49
Although it is off topic make sure you go with them you will have a great time..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

Now my friends are thinking of going on a hill walking expedition in Afghanistan later this year and have asked for advice!!

[/quote]

florida4sun
15-07-2006, 14:52
We lived there for some years and always had friends and family over in Sept. Generally the weather is very good. End pf summer so the intense heat has died down and the parks are generally less busy. Our favorite time of the year for Florida is sept thru december.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jaff
anyone of you lovely people know??

[/quote]

steph_goodrum
15-07-2006, 15:01
"Now my friends are thinking of going on a hill walking expedition in Afghanistan later this year and have asked for advice!! "

If they want to recoup there hioliday costs I understand there is still quite a large bounty outstanding if they happen to run into someone called O Bin Laden:)

The reason the US tourists don't go in September is mainly because their schools go back in August and they can't take the children out of school after they've just had a 3 month break.

Katys Grandad
15-07-2006, 18:40
Blue Nose

The sun shines from 5.00 am to 10.00 pm, 365 days a year in Orlando. It only rains if you want it to and then only on the spot you're standing. The damage caused to thousands of homes in Florida by Hurricane Charlie didn't actually happen and the story was put out by a few doom and gloom merchants. I believe there are also a lot of those same people in New Orleans.

I think that's what I should have said - sorry! [msnwink]

blott
15-07-2006, 19:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
Blue Nose

The sun shines from 5.00 am to 10.00 pm, 365 days a year in Orlando. It only rains if you want it to and then only on the spot you're standing. The damage caused to thousands of homes in Florida by Hurricane Charlie didn't actually happen and the story was put out by a few doom and gloom merchants. I believe there are also a lot of those same people in New Orleans.

I think that's what I should have said - sorry! [msnwink][/quote]Actually, what I think you should have said is that Hurricane Charlie was the first one to hit central Florida for something like 42 years so the odds are very slim - and it was in August anyway and not in September. Oh and New Orleans is nowhere near central Florida. [msnwink]

Ken and Julia
16-07-2006, 00:05
We always go in September and although you do get some rain its usually short lived an hour maybe and not every day, in fact the last time we went in June the rain was much worse.

I would reccommend Sept as its quiet, warm and flights are reasonable.

Steve and Dawn
17-07-2006, 19:47
There's nothing wrong with posting opinions at all as long as they are not one sided. To anyone who is contemplating a trip to Florida, might see posts about Hurricane season and think that it is too dangerous to visit then. Having not had all the facts. As Blott said Central Florida hasn't had a direct hit for forty odd years. Also The last time so many storms struck the same state in one season was 1886, when Texas took four direct hits from hurricanes. Florida had never taken 4 direct hits before and the last time it got hit 3 times in one season was in the early 1900's. So instaed of putting the fear of God into people with the warning "It is hurricane season though" we should point out the facts. This year may very well see no Hurricanes hitting Florida. I visit every year during Hurricane season and never give it a second thought.

As for rainfall, South Florida is tropical, Central Florida is sub-tropical and in the tropics thunderstorms and heavy rain is normal. However, most of the time it occurs in the evening or at night and is over as quickly as it came. September, starts to see a decline in the humidty and high temperatures thus a decline in the rainfall and thunderstorms but as we all know Florida isn't called the Sunshine State for nothing!!

Mo Green
17-07-2006, 23:51
Reading through the above posts about 75% are positive comments from people who go in September. Several are owners but would not be staying in their villas if they thought it was likely to be raining most of the time or the area hit by hurricanes.

On a TV travel programme last week a comment was made about the Florida 'Hurricane' season where they said late summer/early Autumn was hurricane season but that did not mean holiday-makers would ever experience a hurricane. They went on to add it was rather like saying it could snow in the UK between November and April but most of the country will not see any snow.

chrizzy100
18-07-2006, 00:35
Its just a case of keeping an eye on the weather in storm season..June till Nov...its just using your head..and making sure if a storm is around when you are in FL..you have all the info you and your family need to be safe...its not right to make light of storms...its also not right to scare people from those months...

Robert5988
18-07-2006, 01:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Reading through the above posts about 75% are positive comments from people who go in September. [/quote]

For me reading through the posts I only found one post from Blue Nose that could be construed as negative.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:but for the first two weeks in September last year, most days we had torrential rain and thunderstorms, from late afternoon into early evening, i am affraid this is par for the course for Florida this time of year, and of course it is still the hurricane season.[/quote]

A factual statement as he saw it and note "from late afternoon"

Both Katys Grandad and myself(who dared to defend the condemnation of Blue Nose's remarks) both made the point that we do go in September.

As for hurricanes. On the rare occasions they hit Florida there is so much warning given it is at worst just an inconvenience.

So lest I be included in the 25%! let me say that Florida weather in September pretty nice as long as you remember it is hot and can be quite wet.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-07-2006, 02:04
I'm not convinced it need to be an us or them situation [msnwink].

All everyone wants is for guests to be given the right facts and not be given hearsay and over dramatised semi-facts (like GMTV seem to relish when talking about Florida). I'm not saying anyone has done the latter on here - just trying to make a point [msnsmile].

JoRo
18-07-2006, 13:18
Personally I like Mo's comment about snow!
Joyce