PDA

View Full Version : alamo at sanford

blue nose
11-07-2006, 17:11
Hello all, we have always booked a 4x4 with Dollar and have always been allocated a Jeep Cherokee, which is great for 4 adults.There will be 5 adults on our next trip, and i was just wondering does anyone know, if i order a 4x4 with Alamo, which vehicle will i be allocated at Sanford. thanks.

DaveL
11-07-2006, 21:03
Most lightly to be a Chevy Blazer

Dave

erowlands
11-07-2006, 22:08
You do not get allocated a particular car, they tell you to go to the suv lane and pick whatever one you want, they have their keys in ready.
When returning your car on the way home you go right past the door for the check in desks, stop here drop off all your cases and family and take the car back on your own, it saves everyone having to walk with cases for some 400 yds which is a pain when its hot

Eric

jotter
12-07-2006, 01:17
Why dont you book a 4x4 with dollar via this site (link at the top of page) and upgrade it when you arrive to a dodge durango. Roger who arranges the car hire told me providing you keep your paperwork on your return he will arrange for the upgrade cost to be refunded.

roger
12-07-2006, 01:26
That was the case, but Dollar have since stopped refunding the upgrade cost which is approx $10 per day plus 20% tax. Often they still do not charge anything to upgrade, but it depends on the mood of they rep on the desk on the day.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jotter
Why dont you book a 4x4 with dollar via this site (link at the top of page) and upgrade it when you arrive to a dodge durango. Roger who arranges the car hire told me providing you keep your paperwork on your return he will arrange for the upgrade cost to be refunded.
[/quote]

Kazzie
12-07-2006, 02:08
I agree to book your 4x4 via this site, but surely if you choose to upgrade you cant expect to be refunded for that upgrade?

If you are asked if you want to upgrade, I would advise that you refuse, and more often than not they do upgrade anyway. If they dont upgrade though there isnt a lot you can do.

Karen

[/quote]

sonofsos
12-07-2006, 12:27
I booked a 4x4 via this site last year and we were given a free upgrade to the Durango. So as Roger says it all depends on the mood of the Rep.

roger
12-07-2006, 12:47
Until a couple of week ago, client could choose to upgrade to a Durango if avaialble, and if charged we could have Dollar refund the money, but now they will not offer these refunds. Many people will still choose to upgrade anyhow as the Durango is a fantastic car and still worth the approx $10 upgrade per day.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
I agree to book your 4x4 via this site, but surely if you choose to upgrade you cant expect to be refunded for that upgrade?

If you are asked if you want to upgrade, I would advise that you refuse, and more often than not they do upgrade anyway. If they dont upgrade though there isnt a lot you can do.

Karen

[/quote]
[/quote]

blue nose
12-07-2006, 14:53
I did not know about a refund if you have to upgrade, we were charged $160 to upgrade from a Jeep to a Durango in September 05.We have upgraded a number of times, and have always had to pay,and have never had a refund,e.g. in Feruary this year we booked a premium car, which usualy means you get either a 300 or a Pacifica, not at the horrendous![msnmad] Orlando airport, we were given a Dodge Charger, which was smaller than a 300 , so subsequently we had to pay to upgrade once again.[msnmad]
Getting back to Alamo at Sanford, do they class the GMC ENVOY in the 4x4 category.As it looks big enough for five adults.

roger
12-07-2006, 16:02
Did you ever ask your supplier (not sure if it was us?) for a refund once you returned from your trips?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blue nose
I did not know about a refund if you have to upgrade, we were charged $160 to upgrade from a Jeep to a Durango in September 05.We have upgraded a number of times, and have always had to pay,and have never had a refund,e.g. in Feruary this year we booked a premium car, which usualy means you get either a 300 or a Pacifica, not at the horendous![msnmad] Orlando airport, we were given a Dodge Charger, which was smaller than a 300 , so subsequently we had to pay to upgrade once again.[msnmad]
Getting back to Alamo at Sanford, do they class the GMC ENVOY in the 4x4 category.As it looks big enough for five adults.
[/quote]

blue nose
12-07-2006, 17:15
Hello Roger, we have always booked our car hire with you, but unfortunately we did not know of your refund policy on upgrades.

sammibabe
12-07-2006, 22:22
When we were asked if we wanted to upgrade (can't remember whther it was Alamo or Dollar but booked throught this site) it started at $25 a day so we said no, she dropped to $15 dollars then when we still said no she dropped to $10 because we had flown with Virgin. We took the upgrade and it was a good thing we did as although the car was plenty big enough even on the upgrade it was a piddly boot. Glad we didn't agree straight away or I would have well ripped off.

petenamy
09-08-2006, 00:16
Hi everyone,
We`re just back after hiring a car from Alamo at Sanford Airport and can honestly say that we will not be hiring cars from Alamo again. The car that we had was "rent-a-wreck", bold tyres on both rear wheels, which in any wet conditions I could barely keep the car on the road. The inside of the car had to be cleaned by ourselves the day after we got it and this was one of the better cars that we were told to choose from. Never again.
:(:(:(

roger
09-08-2006, 02:01
I have to say this is unusual for Alamo (or Dollar). If you booked through us feel free to email me your order number and I will pass on your complaint to them directly for you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by petenamy
Hi everyone,
We`re just back after hiring a car from Alamo at Sanford Airport and can honestly say that we will not be hiring cars from Alamo again. The car that we had was "rent-a-wreck", bold tyres on both rear wheels, which in any wet conditions I could barely keep the car on the road. The inside of the car had to be cleaned by ourselves the day after we got it and this was one of the better cars that we were told to choose from. Never again.
:(:(:(
[/quote]

petenamy
09-08-2006, 13:13
Hi Roger,
The hire car was not booked through you, but I have and will be complaining even more directly with Alamo. These cars are an accident waiting to happen. We have always hired from Avis in the past and had no trouble what so ever, new or near new cars and in perfect road worthy condition. Guess who we`ll be sticking with in future?

blott
09-08-2006, 14:06
I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with your Alamo car and hope you get it resolved.

We book Dollar cars from Roger and have always received a practically new car. The most mileage car we've had in about 30 visits was one that had done 2000 miles - the least miles 7.

The reason we choose Dollar is that we like their car range and also, having tried most of the other car rental companies in the past, we've found Dollar cars to be the best. They've been consistently clean, eminently roadworth and of a high standard.

orlandodaze
11-08-2006, 04:25
Another thing we never have to wait ,unlike our friends whom we went out to the airport to meet because it was their first time and discovered they had to wait over 2 hours for a seven seater .

mollymolly
11-08-2006, 21:56
I think the standard of car from Dollar & Alamo is excellent as is their level of service. We have had a couple of minor mechanical mishaps and each one was resolved quickly and without problem.
We've just returned from the Gulf Coast ( missed all the disruptions by 1 day phew!)and had a Dodge Magnum through Dollar. Great car to drive with tons of space for luggage.

Bernadette

bargainqueen
11-08-2006, 22:25
We have only had to wait once for a hire car and that was for nearly an hour. When I went back to the desk to enquire what the problem was I was told that I was next in line for an Intermediate Car. Another customer overheard me telling my husband what I had been told, when I explained to this gentleman how long we had been waiting and also how long we had been travelling he said that we shouldn't have had to wait so long. When he was called to the desk for his car he must have said something to the staff as we were called up next and upgraded to a 4 x 4.[msnsmile2]