PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lunch

chyanmor
11-07-2006, 02:08
Hi,

I have seen many topics on this subject but I was wondering if some one could offer some advice as to when the best time is to book? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have hear many reviews of the gaylord palms but do they take bookings? Also has any one had experience of any christmas buffets?

Huw

CERICROWLEY
11-07-2006, 02:26
Huw

The Gaylords Palms. Villa de Flora is a great buffet type dinner. and you could get in the ICE show as well.

This is what we did last year. I rang up and they told me they were not booking any Christmas dinners until after Thanksgiving. but you could always try and see

Ray&Sarah
11-07-2006, 12:28
The Renaissance at Sea World do a great buffet lunch as well, they are taking bookings already and sme slots are filling up fast.[msnsmile2]

berni_richards
11-07-2006, 13:25
I have been to gaylord and I booked in september for the christmas of the same year if you dont they might be full. Start phoning them in September and hope you have booked something by October. They do have different sittings it just depends on your ideal time for christmas dinner.

Good luck

Berni

pieman790
11-07-2006, 13:35
We did the Renaissance at Sea World last Christmas and had a great day. The food is out of this world and they dont rush you. We spent 4-5 hours there eating, drinking and talking.

brizzle
11-07-2006, 14:52
Are these two recommended hotels child friendly. I don't want to book one of these and find out that we have the only two there, for their sake and of course the other diners.

We've got make a decision this year for Christmas lunch and have probably narrowed it down to these two and possibly the Grand Floridian.

dawn
11-07-2006, 14:58
We went to the Renaissance last year and had our children 11 and 5 with us - there were lots of children and they also had a selection of childrens choices, although mine preferred the 'grown ups' food

Cruella DeVilla
11-07-2006, 16:50
Lots and lots of OV members use the Renaissance and rave about it. I have not been yet as I like to stay home Xmas Day and have a traditional Xmas but I will try it one day![xmas2]

berni_richards
11-07-2006, 17:36
gaylord is child friendly there were loads of children there when we went

Berni

chyanmor
16-07-2006, 21:49
Hi,

Thank you for all your replies. I will let you know how I get on in September as that seems to be the time and place to start ringing people. I presume it is because it is after thanksgiving and they can then concentrate on Christmas. Once again many thanks for your comments, it will either be Gaylord Palms or Renaissance at Seaworld :)

Huw

christina
15-11-2006, 16:59
I have already booked my guests into Gaylord Palms for Christmas Day so they are obviously now taking bookings. I have also arranged for my guests to be picked up by Billy at Florida Transport so they can have a drink.

407 506 0706
www.gaylordhotels.com

407 538 9500
www.floridatransport.com