PDA

View Full Version : Completely off topic!!

Benny24
10-07-2006, 17:47
I know it's not Florida, but you are a well heeled bunch and I value your opinions!!![msnsmile2]

Has anyone been to Rome,Italy and could recommend a nice hotel for 3 nights? I don't particularly want to burst the budget, but equally don't want a hostel!!;)
I am planning to take MOH there in November for a surprise break for his 30th.

Infact any info would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation!

Twiglet
11-07-2006, 00:40
Haven't been there myself, but you can't go past Lonely Planet books for inspriration and reviews, with something to suit all budgets.
We used their books for France, Thailand, Australia and Fiji! Brilliant guides!

11-07-2006, 00:46
It used to be one of my regular stopovers when I was flying, we stayed in the Grand Hotel de La Minerve Roma and it was wonderful in a fab location[msnwink]

Set in a magnificent 17th century palace, The Grand Hotel de la Minerve is a beautiful, deluxe hotel in the heart of Rome that boasts a spectacular roof garden offering panoramic views over the 'Eternal City'.

The Grand Hotel de la Minerve Roma is located in the city center, close to many of Rome's leading attractions including the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. This Rome hotel is also just 2 kilometres from the Termini railway station, 8 kilometres from the Centro Congressi Europe Convention Center and 15 kilometres from the Settebagni.

abbeyvillas
11-07-2006, 01:48
We've been to Rome several times and love it. One of our favourite hotels, if you are looking for a small family run place, was the Hotel Columbia. We booked it through Cresta. It's a good location, within walking distance of the Spanish steps, and a good price that won't make a big hole in the budget. Lovely roof terrace too for breakfast if it's warm enough when you are there, we went in early October last time but not sure about November weather.
Pam

ALR
11-07-2006, 12:56
I love Rome. You must visit the Trevi Fountain with your wife. It really is beautiful. The Sistine Chapel whilst very beautiful can be very noisy with the guards shouting at everyone to be quiet!!! The Colisseum is incredible as it is so vast and you can't believe the manpower that must have gone into the construction. Rome can be quite expensive but it is worth it. A word of advice look out for pickpockets. They are very skilfull. I know a number of people that have been struck whilst visiting Rome.

ALR

orlandobabe
14-07-2006, 22:09
my mum clung on to her bag when in Rome-but someone on the cruiseship she was with was not so lucky.