PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a place closest to Disney!

louise71594
10-07-2006, 06:54
Hi!

I am in the planning stages of choosing a villa (it will just be my husband and I, no kids). I thought it would be nice to have a private home all to ourselves for vacation[msnsmile2]

I would like to find a place closest to Disney! He wants the driving to be under 20 minutes. Our main focus will be Disney! This will be our 3rd trip to Orlando, previous times we vacationed at Universal Studios. My husband loves TV, so finding a place with a large screen TV would be ideal. We also like to barbeque, and he loves to play pool. I notice many of the homes feature game rooms, which would be great for both of us, on lazy days. Another feature that noticed in many homes is the lake view from the pool. It seems very private which we like, but we would consider other options too. We have a budget of about $900.00 for the week, but would consider more, if it met our needs.

I am going to narrow my choices down to 5, and pick from there.

Any tips you can offer would be great.[msnsmile]

Thanks

The Williams

10-07-2006, 09:57
Have a look at the location map of all the communities here...........

http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx

Windsor Hills is nearest but there are plenty of villas within 20 minutes of Disney, happy chosing[msnwink]

Paula D-S
10-07-2006, 10:07
Hi Louise,

Firstly make a list of all you want at your villa, then send an enquiry with your requirements to
www.orlandovillas.com
www.villasflorida.com
www.onlinefloridavillas.com
You will find that the majority of viila communities are within a 20 minute drive from Disney.
Have fun choosing.

Arby
10-07-2006, 10:39
Windsor Hills is indeed the nearest

GrahamC
10-07-2006, 11:58
Hi Louise,

As Paula has said, make a list of all of your requirements and go on the three sites with your enquiry. About 90% of the villas will be within a 20 min drive of Disney.

What time of year are you thinking of going?

blott
10-07-2006, 12:12
Indian Wells is the nearest community in terms of travelling time to Disney but 99% of the communities advertised on the three sites are within 20 mins. So no need to restrict yourself as almost any one of the lovely homes offered for rent on the three sites above are within your criteria.

Have fun choosing. :)

mfairhurst
10-07-2006, 15:40
There are a few not far from disney so have fun chooseing , Enjoy your holiday in florida .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

chrizzy100
10-07-2006, 18:48
I would not tie myself down to the places nearest to Disney..if you do you are missing out on a lot of lovely homes..
I would search for large TV..games room..BBQ lake views first. and see what homes come up..remember to add the cost of pool heating if needed..

Going only for a week..I would make a day to day planner and see what free time you'll have...and think how you'd really like to spend that time....you don't want to pay for something you'll have no time to use..
We go to FL a lot for a week or less..and time flies by...to get all the things you want in a villa.. I think you will have to blow your budget a bit..but if you look for what is on offer in a villa and not how far away it is from Disney..you'll stand a lot better chance of getting more of the things you want...and still be in Disney before it opens...:)

reemur
10-07-2006, 20:33
Glenbrook is only 10mins from disney A great place to stay with everything you need[clap][clap][msnsmile2]

KJH
10-07-2006, 23:34
Quite agree reemur, really quick especially with the new road having opened.

JoRo
11-07-2006, 00:04
As already said most communities are well within 20 mins drive - so look for the facilities you want and choose that way. And its great to have a room for yourselves!
Joyce