PDA

View Full Version : Thomson flights from Doncaster

abbeyvillas
05-07-2006, 23:49
We've heard Thomson are offering flights from Doncaster direct to Sanford for around £275 all inc.. Has anyone tried them out?
Pam & Jeanette

Sandy Beach
06-07-2006, 01:41
We are flying with Thomson,from Doncaster,on Sunday and have paid £314 all inc.As we live only 15mins.from the airport it will be great not having to drive to Manchester or London.

pepsi
06-07-2006, 01:49
Would be interested to know how you find these flights Sandy Beach as Doncaster is very close to us.

jackie greaves
06-07-2006, 17:37
Barbara, I would think they are on their web site. I have just found some from Birmingham to Sanford on 25th August for £360 each. Will keep checking in the hope they come down.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-07-2006, 18:05
Or you could just drive to Doncaster Airport at the right time and the flight will be right there :D:D:D

Seriously though, I think they are asking what the other person thought of the flight ;).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
Barbara, I would think they are on their web site.[/quote]

lorraine51
07-07-2006, 01:10
That's interesting. We live not far from Doncaster and it'll be much better than going from Manchester.

lorraine51
07-07-2006, 01:11
Are you getting inflight food with that price Sandy Beach.

Sandy Beach
07-07-2006, 03:29
Lorraine,we chose not to pay the £17 for the meals and it is stamped on our tickets but I have been told that if a flight is over a certain duration the airline has to provide one.We will see but it won't bother me as I hardly ever eat anything when flying anyway.

abbeyvillas
11-07-2006, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Or you could just drive to Doncaster Airport at the right time and the flight will be right there :D:D:D

Seriously though, I think they are asking what the other person thought of the flight ;).

[/quote]

Yes - was just wondering if anyone had used this flight before. I didn't realise Doncaster had a big enough airport for trns-atlantic flights?

11-07-2006, 10:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by abbeyvillas
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

[/quote]

Yes - was just wondering if anyone had used this flight before. I didn't realise Doncaster had a big enough airport for trns-atlantic flights?
[/quote]

The 2891 metre long runway (one of the longest runways in the north of England) was resurfaced in 1989, and the airport retained its military use until 1995 when it was declared surplus to requirements by the Ministry of Defence, leading to the airport flag being lowered in 1996.

Manchester Airport runways are 3048m and 3047m[msnwink]

abbeyvillas
12-07-2006, 01:29
Already booked for this year's hols but at those prices will be checking out Thomson-fly before we book our next trip.

Just as a matter of interest, our local airport "Durham Tees Valley" ( formerly Teesside) is only 15-mins car drive from us and did have Charter flights to Florida once over. It was knocked on the head but I'm not sure what the exact reason was, other than lack of support. I've heard it said that Teesside also had one of the longest runways in the country. Maybe you can throw some light on it Julie? Well if it was good enough when George Bush visited the area, to land in Airforce 1, surely it's good enough for our holiday flights !!! [msnwink]

The whole airport is getting a re-vamp at the moment so you never know, fingers crossed they may start them up again.
Pam:D

13-07-2006, 00:34
Pam, Durham Tees Valley Runway Length (05/23:) 2291m x 46m have a look here for more info...............

http://www.durhamteesvalleyairport.com/

Does not look like there are any US flights at the moment[msnsad]

abbeyvillas
13-07-2006, 02:46
Thanks Julie - Had a look at that link, doesn't appear to be any mention of flights to US - thats disappointing. May give Doncaster a try next time.
Pam