PDA

View Full Version : Cheap flights to Sanford!

mistiblu
05-07-2006, 14:51
Hi everyone,

Just been browsing (and wishful thinking!)on Thomson fly website and come across a fantastic deal on flights from Manchester to Sanford. I have just priced up for 2 adults 1 child and an infant and it comes out at just over £600 for everyone (about £200 per person). Unfortunately we cannot make it because it's for 8th September this year for 2 weeks but if any of you can I think its a brilliant bargain. What a shame they are not that price for the October half term

chris c
05-07-2006, 15:30
Typical!!
We are going out on 6th September, but could have been flexible on dates!
Should maybe have waited before booking the flights!
[xx(][xx(]

Homer
05-07-2006, 16:04
Tell me about it

Just tried my dates and came up eith the following
21/10/026 - 5/10/06

2 Adults at £39.70
2 Children at £39.70
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 79.40
£ 79.40
£ 241.14

2 Adults at £39.71
2 Children at £39.71
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 79.42
£ 79.42
£ 241.14

Total Flight Price £ 799.92

Compared to the £1493.00 I payed to Virgin [:O]

Hmm Lesson learned every day I suppose

LiesaAnna
05-07-2006, 17:29
will bear this in mind for our next years trip!!!
see what we can come up with then!!

SteveandJan
05-07-2006, 18:06
That is a good deal,

pieman790
05-07-2006, 18:11
They seem like good prices, Can you pay extra for more baggage as im told Thomson dont offer much in the way of allowances?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Homer
Tell me about it

Just tried my dates and came up eith the following
21/10/026 - 5/10/06

2 Adults at £39.70
2 Children at £39.70
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 79.40
£ 79.40
£ 241.14

2 Adults at £39.71
2 Children at £39.71
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 79.42
£ 79.42
£ 241.14

Total Flight Price £ 799.92

Compared to the £1493.00 I payed to Virgin [:O]

Hmm Lesson learned every day I suppose

[/quote]

pubmaster2k
05-07-2006, 20:59
we flew with these in May and had a great outbound flight, the return was with my travel and was not a patch on Thompson.

trevlad
06-07-2006, 02:49
was size plane do they use ? and whats the entertainment drink and food options anyone??

Pegasus928
06-07-2006, 13:25
These are the sort of prices I like - but we always bottle it when it comes to booking and just do it as soon as the seats are available. We are always a bit paranoid that if we leave it too late we wont get the dates we want.
Pegasus

stabard
06-07-2006, 14:01
I would have to agree there. If you are flexible on your dates and can afford to just drop and go when a great price comes up then go for it. If you have specific dates in mind and not much flex then I think it is worth booking in advance to be sure of what you are getting.

mollymolly
06-07-2006, 21:43
Many thanks for posting Mistiblu.

I have just booked for my daughter & boyfriend 2 weeks in Sept and my brother and wife the following 2 weeks. Both couples got all flights & taxes etc for £399 per couple. What a bargain! [msnsmile2][clap][clap][clap]

Bernadette

jbrinkworth
08-07-2006, 12:35
We've tried booking with thompson thro the website before and although the prices seem good, when you try to book it someone has to ring you only to be told that there's only one seat available and the rest are alot more expensive!! Maybe it was just bad luck on my part! WOuldn't bother with them again.

Julie b

jilld
09-07-2006, 04:06
My daugter and her boyfriend flew out the other week on Thomson the total price for the 2 of them was 280 pounds...Bargain...said she'd had better flights but can't complain at those prices.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

JoRo
11-07-2006, 12:57
Thomson are fine if you want to go for 7 or 14 days but not so good if you want 10 days or 21 days - anyone succeeded in getting this flexibility with them?
Joyce

Fran19
28-07-2006, 17:59
We have flown with both Thomson and Virgin and there is no comparison. I think you will enjoy your Virgin flights Vince - can't say I enjoyed my Thomson flight. We upgraded for the journey back and I would say it was OK but have vowed not to go with them again - no matter how cheap the flights are! We were cramped, food not that great and, sorry to say it and maybe we were just unlucky, but the surrounding passengers were not who I would want to spend 8 - 9 hours with!! I am not meaning to offend anyone on here (before anyone sends me a curt reply!), as I am sure as you have chosen to join this forum that you are very nice people but not so some of the other passengers on our flight with Thomsons. Maybe just bad luck on our part but you can only go with what you experience![msnsad][msnsad]

Jules
28-07-2006, 21:59
Francine I think you may have just been unlucky with your fellow passengers. Last time we flew with Virgin we had the family from hell (all 30 of them) sat all around us. In the end the stewardess moved us to another part of the plane and offered us free champagne to make up for the disruption we had had to put up with from the rabble. You can get obnoxious people which ever company you fly with I'm afraid. [msnsad]

abbeyvillas
29-07-2006, 02:56
Thanks for this info Mistiblu - I'll be studying the holiday charts again to see if we can fit in a week later in the year!
I don't particularly enjoy flying it just gets me from A to B so with these cheap flights I can make an extra trip which is more important to me than an extra few inches of leg room etc.
I must agree with Julie though, cheap flights does not mean 'cheap / obnoxious people'. In fact one of our worst experiences with other passengers was on an expensive flight with Virgin. Unfortunately more money does not always buy good manners!
Jeanette

wrightbuxton
30-07-2006, 00:08
Hi

we have just come back from a quick week at the villa and booked Thomsonfly for the first time.

We couldn't really fault the flight - we chose the no food option which suited our children as they don't really like the food you get on most flights. No seat back tv's but there were plenty of tv monitors throughout the flight - showing a couple of Disney films. The cabin crew were great and nothing was too much trouble for them. The best thing we found was that because of the timings (out of Manchester) you get to Florida early afternoon and so have more time that day by your pool and you arrive back in England earlier (helps if you want to go straight to bed for a couple of hours[msnwink]). The seat sizes were fine though not as big as Virgin.

We would certainly consider flying with Thomsonfly again. They seem to be quite reasonable with their prices too.

Julie

Fran19
31-07-2006, 12:59
That's a good sign folks, then. We must have just been very unlucky. Doesn't the flight drag when you have those sort of people around you and you are just busting to get off the plane and away from them? [msnsad]

CCollins
01-08-2006, 17:22
We have flown with Thomson before and have found them fine.

Like everyone says, they are not as spacious as Virgin/BA. but I think that the service is better!

The planes are smaller (I think?) and the crew seem much more helpful, probably because they earn money on the amount of drinks they sell on board[msnwink]

I don't miss the seat back screens and have found my last few flights (all charter) to go much quicker with a good book, rather then planning what you are going to watch next.

I always book the no food option as I think that £15 is quite a lot considering the food is normally rank! take a sarnie and some fruit/nuts and you will feel much better then you would after eating plane food [sick]

I would still rather save money on my flight and spend more money in the Sunshine State![msncool]

maisie
02-08-2006, 02:54
we are looking for cheap flight to florida between 6th and 24th sept but cant find any around the £200 each would welcome any recommendations

palmvillas
02-08-2006, 20:22
Hi Everyone,

I have just booked flights from Manchester to Orlando with Virgin for the 2 of us it has cost £670.20 plus 4000 airmiles.I am more than happy with the price as we are going for 21 nights 2nd -23rd September,my daughter has booked flights with Thomson fly and she has paid £200 each a realy good price.When you go for more than 14 nights you are limited to what airlines you can travel with, Virgin mow fly twice a day for Manchester to Orlando.:)

jackie greaves
02-08-2006, 21:20
Neil thats a good price, I would be pleased with that aswell. Have a great trip.