PDA

View Full Version : Buzz & Woody Toy

MTP
28-07-2003, 17:41
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help us. We got Nathan Buzz Lightyear and Woody dolls at his last birthday. Unfortunately when we moved home a few weeks ago they wento out with the rubbish!! He hasn't wuite twigged that they are missing, but he is occasionally asking for them. AS we only got them in the beginning of June I thought there would be no problem replacing them, but Disney Store UK is sold out!!

I would be really grateful if any of the folks out in the US could have a look in a Disney store if you are in any way. We will obviously cover all costs. The Buzz toy was about 5-6 inches tall and had a few sayings and a laser on his arm that lit up. The Woody was about 7-8 inches tall and had various sayings from the film.

Many thanks in advance,

Euan

PS I know, I know, we are bad parents[V]:(

steph_goodrum
28-07-2003, 18:22
Another case of real life mirroring the movies eh, Euan? At least you might be able to persuade Nathan that Woody is having an adventure like in the film.
There's a couple of different Buzz toys in the Argos catalogue and Toys R Us usually have a selection. If you don't manage to find any let me know as we will be in Disneyland California at the end of August and may be able to find some there.
p.s. I'm sure he'll forgive you ....eventually.

pbensur
28-07-2003, 18:24
Did you try the Disney Store online - they seem to have what you are looking for (at least pretty close it appears):

http://disney.store.go.com

(Don't be so hard on yourself!!!)

MTP
28-07-2003, 19:15
Tried Disney Store online (both UK and US sites) and spoke to Disney Store UK guest relations!

MTP
29-07-2003, 02:13
Sucess!!:)

We have found both of them. Buzz is at Argos, but Woody was really difficult to track down. We have finally found him on a collectors site in the US (thank goodness for the good pound/dollar exchange rate at the moment!). The only problem is they will only ship to a US address. I don't suppose I could ask a favour from someone to relay the toy to us.

Many thanks in advance,

Euan

pbensur
29-07-2003, 05:31
I would do that for you.

MTP
29-07-2003, 10:36
Thanks for the help. We emailed the site and asked if they would ship to the UK. They have agreed and said that they don't normally ship to the UK due to the prohibitive costs. Anyway we will hopefully soon be re-united with Buzz and Woody.

pbensur
29-07-2003, 17:57
Great news! I'm sure that's a load off your mind - it never hurts to ask, does it?