PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Please

Deladuro
02-07-2006, 04:21
As we plan to spend the last week of our Honeymoon in the Orlando Area, what would folks suggest as the best use of our time & money ticket-wise?
We'd love to visit the Universal Parks again, but were also wondering if the Disney Parks were worth visiting for 2 'big kids'.
Also - are any of the Dinner-Shows worth going to?
Thanks
D

trevlad
02-07-2006, 04:34
i would always throw sea world into the equation(dont forget the free beer) and animal kingdom is good. go chill in a water park and if you do universal you can usually pick up a free extra day.

i think that you will find some bits in all the parks that are great for big kids whether you like thrill rides or fireworks or the fantasia type show at mgm.

we did dolly parton s dixie stampede with the kids this year. it was a different night out eating your whole chicken , and hootin and a hollerin, but i wouldnt rush back

what about a day at discovery cove, just the 2 of you and just a few others and the odd dolphin [msnwink]

tell us what you like / others will have plenty of ideas

Paula D-S
02-07-2006, 10:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Deladuro
We'd love to visit the Universal Parks again, but were also wondering if the Disney Parks were worth visiting for 2 'big kids'.
[/quote]

I think Disney is fantastic for kids of all ages. There is no better feeling walking into the parks and being greeted by some of the characters. You would love it.[msnsmile2]

MarkJan
02-07-2006, 12:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Deladuro
[/quote]

I think Disney is fantastic for kids of all ages. There is no better feeling walking into the parks and being greeted by some of the characters. You would love it.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

I wold say the fact Orlando is such a magnet for tourists is proof the Disney parks are worth travelling thousands of miles to see. Congratulations on your wedding.

palmvillas
02-07-2006, 15:05
I would definatley go to Cirque-de-Soleil it is a fantastic show we have been a couple of times and i would still go back.There is so much going on you are just mesmerized,when you come there is a good restaurant called House of Blues that is woth a visit.Have a great time.:)

E. Cosgrove
02-07-2006, 15:25
I wouldn't miss Disney.....MGM is my favourite[msnsmile2]

ShirleyCottam
05-07-2006, 03:29
I would suggest the Magic Kingdom, it a classic, and enjoyed by all ages. My friend went on her honeymoon and loved it!

There is nothing quite like the sight of the Cinderella castle to send a shiver down your spine.....[msnwink]

mizzy
05-07-2006, 12:06
i would also agree about discovery cove and if your lucky enough to be there during the twilight dates then i think this would be a good option you can also book a private beach cabana for two
and just sit watching the sun come down

we saw lots of honeymooners in the disney parks mainly spotted with their matching minnie bride ears and mickey top hat ears[msnwink] so it does seem a popular destination for hooneymoon couples

i wouldn't try to do it all because then you have the perfect excuse to come back[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Mizzy

ShirleyD
05-07-2006, 13:56
Disney is definately for kids of all ages [msnwink] go for it!

You have a perfect excuse (in case you need one) to visit Discovery Cove. The ticket then gives you 7 days entry to Seaworld or Busch Gardens.

Why not have a meal at one of the Disney hotels or somewhere like Gaylord Palms. The food will be better than the shows and a tad more romantic [msnwink]