PDA

View Full Version : On Line Maps - Directions

Phog
24-06-2006, 23:57
What websites do you use to check routes and travel times? I want to look up directions from the airport to our villa and then some day trips to beaches and Kennedy Space Centre.
Thanx in advance.
Phog

Kazzie
25-06-2006, 00:19
I usually use [name edited].

Karen

ShirleyD
25-06-2006, 00:23
I use multi map mostly at home, but otherwise use the ones that come up on a google search, google, yahoo or [name edited]

andrewmckay5
25-06-2006, 00:29
I'd hire a TomTom.
andrew

eclipsed
25-06-2006, 12:45
hi, we have a PDA and bought tomtom u.s.a. its great we never got lost last trip,better than having loads of printed pages with you.

Genie
25-06-2006, 13:36
We always send our guests directions from the airport to the villa and to various places that that might be visiting ! why not ask the owner , I'm sure they would be happy to help !

CERICROWLEY
25-06-2006, 13:45
If you only want to know directions to one or two places. [name edited] is very good, as long as you know the full address. We use [name edited] directions for our guests arriving. But if you are having trouble navigating around at all I would suggest you hire a TOM TOM from here with your car hire.

Tonish
25-06-2006, 19:29
If you google "Kissimmee" and "US192" together you'll find the best one. It gives very clear directions from the airport to all the major destinations, together with pictures of the actual road signs you need to follow.

Sniff
26-06-2006, 13:30
Try [name edited] for directions..very accurate and comprehensive in my opinion. I'd still go for a SatNav though :)

That'll probably still get edited out...stupid policy [V]

[<span style="color:blue">Sorry but some websites have links to things which are sold on OV and which help to pay to keep the forum free to use for everyone. Check out the forum rules for a detailed explanation at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp#rulesid3</span id="blue">]

Sniff
26-06-2006, 17:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
Try [name edited] for directions..very accurate and comprehensive in my opinion. I'd still go for a SatNav though :)

That'll probably still get edited out...stupid policy [V]

[<span style="color:blue">Sorry but some websites have links to things which are sold on OV and which help to pay to keep the forum free to use for everyone. Check out the forum rules for a detailed explanation at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp#rulesid3</span id="blue">]
[/quote]
I understand the rules, but the nature of the internet means pretty much any site will have links to someone somewhere who is selling something that might also be sold on OV. Which means no-one can post any links to any sites just in case. That severely limits the benefit of the forum in my view, as many of the questions (such as this one) can ONLY be answered by posting links to other sites. Given that everyone here already knows about OV, I think it very unlikely that such links will cost OV any business. Anyway, your forum, your rules :)

Pegasus928
26-06-2006, 23:45

I also understand the rules of the forum - but would be interested to hear why a post I submitted with the address of our own website on was removed.[msncry]
There are no advertising banners on it, nor are we trying to sell anything. In fact the main things on our site are Florida pics and a couple of Florida vids. [msnsmile2] [msnsmile2]
Pegasus

<span style="color:blue">Sorry, personal websites aren't allowed to be posted, whether they contain adverts or not. See forum rules at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp#rulesid2 However, even if the above wasn't a ruling, I think you'll find that you have links advertising personal villa websites in your Guest Book.</span id="blue">

Madabouttigger
27-06-2006, 21:12
Before I got Sat Nav I purchased a Rand McNally Map from Publix - Its laminated and very easy to use and I dont recall it being expensive at all. Much better than the maps you get from the car rental sites.

Diane.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-06-2006, 22:17
Let's try and keep this thread on topic please - the original poster asked about online maps of Florida and not about our forum rules [msnsmile]

chrisflowers
28-06-2006, 10:13
I always used to use [name edited], but nowadays I prefer Google maps. You also get some great birds eye views of the area.

Sniff
28-06-2006, 18:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Let's try and keep this thread on topic please - the original poster asked about online maps of Florida and not about our forum rules [msnsmile]
[/quote]
That's a bit difficult! Lots of people have suggested online mapping sites, but all the URLs get edited out!!!!;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-06-2006, 19:06
Not that difficult - they all relate to the same site and enough clues have been given to work it out above. You could also use DM to ask for it [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
That's a bit difficult! Lots of people have suggested online mapping sites, but all the URLs get edited out!!!!;)
[/quote]