PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets

Aylott
24-06-2006, 17:57
Hi,

Firstly another big thanks for the helpful responses I've had to other questions I've raised.

Only a few weeks to go to our trip and it's a close run thing as to who is more excited, the adults or the kids.

On my last trip to Florida, some 10 years ago now and pre-kids, there were a number of booths particularly along International Drive that sold discounted park tickets. At the time the savings were substantial on gate prices, do they still exist, and do they still offer great savings ?

My apologies if I'm treading on any toes, as I did note that it is possible to buy tickets directly from this site.

MarkJan
24-06-2006, 19:18
They do exist but I for one would not recommend buying tickets this way. As I understand it, park tickets are not transferable and if you buy somebodies remaining days on a multiday ticket, how would you provide ID if requested?

Not worth the risk, use the link above.

Have a good holiday:D

florida4sun
24-06-2006, 20:17
These booths sold used tickets with days left on them, this has always been illegal. Now the tickets are fingered scanned so cannot be used by anyone else, except the first person who uses them. They never offered a huge discount maybe 15% at most. We often get people in our office who have been scammed by these booths. You have no way of telling what is on each ticket. Is it really worth the risk? The geniune tickets we sell are about as cheap as you can get them.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Aylott
Hi,

Firstly another big thanks for the helpful responses I've had to other questions I've raised.

Only a few weeks to go to our trip and it's a close run thing as to who is more excited, the adults or the kids.

On my last trip to Florida, some 10 years ago now and pre-kids, there were a number of booths particularly along International Drive that sold discounted park tickets. At the time the savings were substantial on gate prices, do they still exist, and do they still offer great savings ?

My apologies if I'm treading on any toes, as I did note that it is possible to buy tickets directly from this site.
[/quote]

mizzy
24-06-2006, 21:34
our neighbour travelled to orlando last autumn and was duped by one of these discount ticket places

as we'd been earlier in the year i offered her details from this site but her son had heard how you can buy part used tickets really cheap and they decided it was worth a look

they wasted almost a full day going place to place for a good deal and when they got to the MK park the ticket was surprise surprise no bl**dy good, not wanting to waste anymore time they decided to pay at the gate and naively thought that they would be able to pop back into the discount place on the way back to their hotel and get their money back but the guy said that he had no proof that they didn't use up the day and refused[msnmad]

so personally i wouldn't take a chance, you would be much better off buying in advance and then you know the cost and can budget accordingly

Mizzy

ShirleyD
24-06-2006, 21:54
The ones that you see with 'huge' discounts involve spending half a day in a sales talk, where they try to get you to buy a timeshare or house or two. I wouldn't advise it, not for a house or tickets [msnscared]