PDA

View Full Version : Hopping?

Big Mack
22-06-2006, 14:17
Hi Guys

Question regarding the new style tickets.

We are planning to buy a 5 day Magic Your Way ticket with 14 day expiration and no hopping.

Can we go to two parks in the same day using a seperate day on the ticket for each park?

I.e. we wanted to do AK in the daytime and finish with Epcot at night, i thought we would be able to do this on the no hopping ticket it would just mean that we used two of our 'days' on the same day.

However having read a few threads it appears that on the no hopping ticket you must strictly stick to one park per day, have i picked this up right?

It is so confusing[msneek]

Cheers

Mack

mizzy
22-06-2006, 16:58
i would have thought that a base ticket means that you use up a day every time you enter a new park so if you did ak and epcot on the same day it would count as two days

i know that you can use a one day ticket and hop back into the same park if you get your hand stamped on the way out

but your right it is confusing, perhaps the guy from park tickets will help us out here and explain all[msnsmile]

Mizzy

E. Cosgrove
22-06-2006, 17:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
i would have thought that a base ticket means that you use up a day every time you enter a new park so if you did ak and epcot on the same day it would count as two days

i know that you can use a one day ticket and hop back into the same park if you get your hand stamped on the way out

but your right it is confusing, perhaps the guy from park tickets will help us out here and explain all[msnsmile]

Mizzy
[/quote]
No need for handstmps now Mizzy as the elecronic ticket "knows " if you have already visited that park already on that day.
Big Mack is right, if you visit adifferent park on the same day with a no hopping ticket you use another day.

florida4sun
22-06-2006, 21:09
Sorry guys and girls but you can only visit one park per day with a base ticket, If you go into MK in the morning then you cannot visit another park that day (not even by using 2 days of the ticket). For this you will need a hopping ticket.
A hand stamp is required if you wnat to come and go from the same park. ~This stops more than one person from using the same ticket.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy

Mizzy
[/quote]
No need for handstmps now Mizzy as the elecronic ticket "knows " if you have already visited that park already on that day.
Big Mack is right, if you visit adifferent park on the same day with a no hopping ticket you use another day.
[/quote]

mizzy
22-06-2006, 21:26
thats really good to know Martin

thank you Mizzy

E. Cosgrove
22-06-2006, 21:43
Thanks Martin, I stand corrected. I know we have done this in the past, but it was some years ago before the new style tickets came into being.
We were however told no handstamps on our recent trip this June ( we were holding out our hands for stamps) as the new tickets can only be used by one person, we certainly weren't handstamped.

emm
22-06-2006, 21:55
Thanks Martin, I stand corrected. I know we have done this in the past, but it was some years ago before the new style tickets came into being.
We were however told no handstamps on our recent trip this June ( we were holding out our hands for stamps) as the new tickets can only be used by one person, we certainly weren't handstamped.
[/quote]

Maybe they have done away with the handstamping because they take your fingerprints now when you enter the parks? So the fingerprints would have to match up with the ones that used the ticket earlier?

florida4sun
23-06-2006, 00:55
Umm to be honest I havent been to the parks since the new tickets were released so looks like tey have changed, sorry..[msnembarrased]

[/quote]

Big Mack
27-06-2006, 01:17
Thanks for clearing up the ticket situation for me guys. I will need to rejig my itinerary slightly, too tight to pay the extra for hopping tickets!! [msnwink]

Mack

Benny24
27-06-2006, 13:19
We were handstamped in May when we came and went to one park in a day on a no hoppping ticket. I suppose it depends how they are feeling!!! Check before you leave though to see what they are doing, just incase![msnwink]