PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to be a Millionaire -- Play It!

Magical Dreams
21-06-2006, 12:06
Just heard this news

Who Wants to be a Millionaire -- Play It! in the Disney-MGM Studios will have its last shows on August 18, 2006. Work on a new attraction to be housed in those soundstages will begin later this year, but to date no further details are available

Ray&Sarah
21-06-2006, 12:09
Thats a shame but I wonder what the new attraction will be.

Magical Dreams
21-06-2006, 12:13
We enjoyed it the last time we went in.

But with the boys been so young, it is difficult to keep them sat for so long!

Lets hope its something exciting!
:D:D

blott
21-06-2006, 12:53
I felt quite queasy in there - the seating tiers are too high for a vertigo sufferer, especially when you've been stuck with the top row!

Wonder what's coming next? Deal or no deal perhaps? Or something completely different?

Magical Dreams
21-06-2006, 13:00
I wouldn't go there again if it was that show!

Hate it!

It takes too long for me!

jackie greaves
22-06-2006, 00:13
We enjoyed Who wants to be a millionaire, couldn't answer many questions though. Wouldn't want to sit through Deal or No Deal, its to boring.[msnsad]

Magical Dreams
22-06-2006, 00:27
Maybe something like The Price is Right would be good!

wrightbuxton
29-06-2006, 01:36
This is what is says in todays Orlando Sentinel:

One, Bob Frazier, a veteran Disney employee who is a trainer, coordinator and attraction host at Disney-MGM, said the planned new ride was described to him as a top attraction, and as a cross between Universal Studios' Men in Black and Disneyland's Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

Both of those rides take people in cars through a maze of indoor scenes with robotic characters and other special effects. On Men in Black, riders shoot ray guns at aliens and tally scores. On Roger Rabbit, riders have some control over driving their cars.

Julie

dawn
29-06-2006, 15:03
I'd better make sure I go in August then - up until now I have always volunteered to look after my youngest while the others go - they have always said how much they enjoyed it.

lynny
06-08-2006, 17:31
A shame to see this one go[msnsad]..but hopefully the new attraction will make up for it. Will have to go see the show before it goes.

davidrodgie
14-09-2006, 03:51
We visited MGM end of August and were disappointed to see who wants to be a millionaire had closed. In its place (i think) was adventures of Narnia, we thought (personal opinion) it was rubbish, it definatly was not what you would expect of Disney. Has anyone else been disappointed with this?.:(

Paula D-S
14-09-2006, 10:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davidrodgie
Has anyone else been disappointed with this?.:(
[/quote]
My eldest who is 10 went to see this with my parents in June. They waited almost an hour to get in and were very disappointed.

Magical Dreams
14-09-2006, 12:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davidrodgie
We visited MGM end of August and were disappointed to see who wants to be a millionaire had closed. In its place (i think) was adventures of Narnia, we thought (personal opinion) it was rubbish, it definatly was not what you would expect of Disney. Has anyone else been disappointed with this?.:(
[/quote]

I don;t think this as replaced who wants to be a millionaire.

There is something else being put in its place.

But agree, the Narnia set, although it was interesting was over rated