PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Gardens - a good day out?

gwendolinemary
20-06-2006, 17:12
We're thinking of taking a trip down to Cypress Gardens this year as we've done Universal and Disney parks on our last few visits and fancy seeing something different this year . Anyone been there recently ? is it worth the drive which I believe is about an hour?

heathercobbett
20-06-2006, 19:02
It is certainly not as exciting or high tech as Disney/Universal,but a nice mixture of animals,gardens,old fashioned fun fair and water park

Reasonably priced too as you get a bogoff

I do not remember it taking more than about 40 mins and there is a Bealls ets opp. I would get your hand stamped and eat out if I were going again;there is one of the reliable chains just opposite

Another one to consider for a change is Silver Springs (about 2 hours)

christhear
20-06-2006, 20:06
We went to cypress Gardens in Feb, had my Mum and Dad with me and my 8 year old.
Mum and Dad don't do rides so it was nice for them to wlak round the gardens and watch the shows. My son loved it as you coul just walk onto every ride without queing. They also have a water park that is open form April - October.
Being just south of the I4 on Highway 27 we got there in approx 30 minutes.
when we go back next Feb we are probably going to get a yearly pass as this was quite reasonable in price.

stabard
20-06-2006, 20:14
WE have this one down for our New Year trip as my MIL says she would like to give it a try.

chris c
20-06-2006, 20:21
I think it is definitely worth a visit if you have not been before.
My husband and I visited twice when we were out in June last year, without children and enjoyed it on both visits.
My daughter went with very young children (both under 3) and said that it was a big success as there were quite a lot of things for the little ones.

Paula D-S
20-06-2006, 21:59
My parents took my daughter and neice (then aged 8 and 9)last summer and they loved it. It was the middle of August and there were no queues for any of the rides.
We plan to visit in July.

ALR
24-06-2006, 22:32
We might give this one a try on our next trip.

ALR

Susan J
25-06-2006, 01:14
THere are some good medium size rides - no big thrill rides - it is very much like a fairground as against a theme park, and there aren't enough eating places. It is a little hilly, but due to lack of crowds, makes a pleasant relaxed day out.

whitfield family
26-06-2006, 19:09
We have 3 teenage girls and they normally enjoy all the big rides at Disney etc., but they really enjoyed Cypress Gardens as well. So much so that they went back again within the week[msnsmile2] There was hardly any waiting for the rides and they enjoyed the gardens and water ski show too. It only took us 20 miutes to get there.

zerotone
26-06-2006, 22:35
We wnet last August and definately plan to go again this August. Our 10 yr old son loved the water park and there were no queues for any of the rides. It makes a pleasant change to be able to walk around without being too crowded.

Jane

GrahamC
05-07-2006, 18:17
We went when we were out at Christmas. It was a really nice relaxed day out, and even though there are no big 'white knuckle' rides my boys all enjoyed, especially the dodgem cars.

The water park looked good even though it was closed when we were there. we will be going back this summer.

David and Debra Waters
11-07-2006, 02:36
We have never been to Cypress gardens but now may consider it in the future Thanks.
[msnsmile]