PDA

View Full Version : Oak Island Harbour

Kissyme
25-07-2003, 20:28
We are staying at Oak Island Harbour in Oct 2003 and wondered if any one has been and whats like.[?]

Claire
25-07-2003, 21:10
Hello

I own a home at Oak Island Cove, which is the neighbouring development. Located immediately behind Splendid China (sadly not worth the money these days - see other postings). Both Oak Island Cove/Harbour only have around 90 homes each, so very peaceful. Some homes back onto the lake. Very handy for Disney and the I-4 and very close to supermarkets and restaurants - Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, TGI Friday, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, etc, etc. Also a very nice Dairy Queen for those wonderful ice creams!!

CLAIRE

Kissyme
27-07-2003, 12:29
Dear Claire
Mant thanks for your reply, I think the villa we are renting actually backs onto Splendid China and after reading the recent reports about it started to get a bit worried, this is our first time in a house and going it alone (always booked through a travel agent)so sometimes get a bit twitchy although very excited about it.

Claire
27-07-2003, 15:57
You have no need to worry at all. The area is lovely and very handy for everything Orlando has to offer, as well as being nice and close to restaurants, fast food outlets and supermarkets. Although Splendid China is now not worth the entrance fee, it will not affect your stay at all - you will merely pass the very grand entrance to it every time you go to or leave your home. No homes even back onto the Splendid China property. In recent years the wall surrounding Splendid China has looked a little rough and in need of a lick of paint, but I thought on my last visit it had been cleaned up a lot and when I was there in March they were putting new street lights, etc in to make the road even more pleasant - and you have a wonderful marker to know you are nearly home - the giant Chinese dragon in the middle of the road.

CLAIRE