PDA

View Full Version : Horse riding in Florida

ALR
19-06-2006, 20:02
Has anyone ever been out horse riding in Florida? I used to have lessons years ago and was quite a competent rider, however, I'm getting on a bit now, so a simple walk among some nice scenery would be enough.

If anyone has experienced this or knows any price details I'd be grateful to know.

Thanks
ALR

blott
19-06-2006, 20:06
Nope but some of our guests have and recommended Horse World Stables which is on Poinciana Boulevard which caters for novice or experienced riders and they apparently have great trail rides.

I can't post the link to the website here but I'm thinking that it would be easy for you to guess!

ALR
19-06-2006, 20:11
Thanks Blott. Think I get your drift[msnwink]

ALR

daxon
19-06-2006, 20:52
Yep! we went last year! (and been talking like cowboys ever since!)
Click on this link - it will take you to an article on this site which will give you the general feel for a great half day out!
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/orlando_guide/horse-world-kissimmee.aspx

mizzy
19-06-2006, 21:15
you can sign up for a 45 min guided trail at disneys fort wilderness campground

it's guided by 2 cowboys[msnwink] and suitable for ages 9 and above

the website cannot be posted as it's against forum rules but if you do a "horse riding" search on the disney itinerary website that i dm'd to you earlier then you'll find it there

reservations can be made by calling 001-407-939-7529 from the uk

hope this helps

Mizzy

Paula D-S
19-06-2006, 22:34
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/orlando_guide/florida-eco-safaris.aspx
Take a look at this topic. My Mum sister and neice went on one of these safaris last year and loved it. It is about an hours drive away from Kissimmee though but in their opinion it was well worth it.

Daybreak
20-06-2006, 17:52
Hi
I went horse riding Easter gone at Horse World on Poinciana Boulevard, mentioned above
They have three levels of riding, i did the beginner, afterall thought it would be safest as i haven't been on a horse for 28 years
I had a great time, whilst my son and hubby fished at the lake
I would advise you telephone and book your place as they were extremely busy
Have Fun
Dawn

lorraine51
20-06-2006, 21:58
Fancy having a go at this but never been on a horse before. A group of us is planning to give it a try and there's only one of us with any experience of horses our ages range from nearly 9 to 62. Should be a bit of a laugh.

charkyry
21-06-2006, 04:10
i did the intermediate at horse world and although i can ride i dont do it very often and still felt comfortable at this level lovely scenery to ride in as well so peaceful

ALR
21-06-2006, 11:24
My problem is I used to ride regularly, jumping in the ring, and galloping and cantering etc. It's something I loved so my problem is accepting that I am now an old and decrepit human being and after half an hour on horseback I probably won't be able to sit down for a week.

Can't wait to do it though![msnwink]

orlandodaze
05-07-2006, 08:53
Is Horseworld the same place they hold a Rodeo Show each Friday night?

nreece
05-07-2006, 10:17
No, Horse World is along Poincianna about 10 miles from the 192 on the left hand side, we went on the advanced ride, and can highly recommend it, you ride Western style ie loose reigns

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
Is Horseworld the same place they hold a Rodeo Show each Friday night?
[/quote]

blott
05-07-2006, 10:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
Is Horseworld the same place they hold a Rodeo Show each Friday night?[/quote]The Friday night rodeo is on South Hoagland, another turning off the 192. Yeehaw! :)