PDA

View Full Version : MEN!!!!

heathercobbett
19-06-2006, 15:14
My son gave Dennis a Fathers Day card yesterday that said on the front 'to my dear husband'

My daughters ex sent his mum a Mothers Day card that was actually an 'In Sympathy' card

My friends husband gave her a travelling denture box for Christmas (she had been looking at the parcel for days under the tree and thought it was jewellery) it must run in the family because their son gave his new girlfriend a pair of mens pyjamas!!!!

I think it should be a compulsory gcse subject for men.How to shop (and not just foe techie things)

jackie greaves
19-06-2006, 15:41
Heather, I once had a valentines card with the words inside saying something about a bouquet of flowers coming with the card. Hubby had not realised when he bought it and instead of buying the flowers he just crossed the words out of the card. We're still married though[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
19-06-2006, 15:43
ha ha did make me laugh!!!
(sorry)[msnwink]

dawn
19-06-2006, 16:36
I was once presented with a set of kitchen utensils, hasn't happened again though!![msnwink]

Pegasus928
19-06-2006, 17:04
And how many times, I wonder, do men despair at the thought of yet another pair of slippers/car washing set/aftershave kit/underwear - I could go on.
I must admit though to having a wife who puts a lot of effort into getting the right gift at the right time, and always gets it spot on (yesterday I got a new video editing kit - so watch this space [msnsmile2])
Pegasus

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-06-2006, 17:06
What's wrong with that [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnwink]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
I was once presented with a set of kitchen utensils, hasn't happened again though!![msnwink]
[/quote]

GrahamC
19-06-2006, 17:17
I quite agree Pegasus.

Thoughtful present buying works both ways.

heathercobbett
19-06-2006, 17:27
OOOOOOH,John,I hope you are ducking! I think we should be all planning a "nice" gift for Sarah to give you for Christmas!!!!!

Dennis lost most of his hair quite early.One year my mil gave ME some hairdressing scissors to cut HIS hair!She never saw the irony.The same year my mum gave him some male hairspray.He had a more relaxed relationship with my mum so was able to rag her unmercifully

Ray&Sarah
19-06-2006, 17:34
For my first Mothers Day my hubby gave me a pair of oven gloves![msnscared]

This year my eldest son gave me a teddy with "Good Luck" on it for Mothers Day.[msneek]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-06-2006, 17:46
LOL - I'm not that bad at buying presents and would not dare buy anything remotely kitcheny - I know how to have a quiet life [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by heathercobbett
OOOOOOH,John,I hope you are ducking! I think we should be all planning a "nice" gift for Sarah to give you for Christmas!!!!!
[/quote]

CarolAnn
19-06-2006, 18:31
I am sitting on my hands with this one!!![msneek][msneek] Though him in doors has redeemed himself a few times over the years, I have had some presents to make you want to beat him round the head with a rolling pin!!![:O][:O]LOL

chrizzy100
19-06-2006, 18:52
We don't do gifts or cards that much..I got my hubby a Harley for his Birthday 19 years ago..it cost enough to take him to his 80th birthday...
I just buy something when I see it..I'm not really one for spending money...I still have my christmas money from my mother in law...

Paula D-S
19-06-2006, 19:31
My husband went through a phase of getting my scented candles[msnmad] I don't mind them but I buy them myself without getting them for Birthday/Christmas presents.
I also got a woollen beret one Christmas[msneek]

He wouldn't get me a kitchen utensil though. As it's a family forum I can't say what I'd do with it[msnwink]

mizzy
19-06-2006, 19:39
i thought it quite amusing that at christmas, in a move to reduce the number of returned items, m&s introduced male "lingerie advisors" in their main stores

that should have made for some good interview answers going on:D

it's quite simple to all those men reading this you just check out the label in the wife/partners/girlfriends underwear (preferably whilst it's not being worn) BEFORE you hit the shops[msneek]

and NO!!! we do not want that sort of stocking etc etc; for christmas[msnmad]

Mizzy

heathercobbett
19-06-2006, 20:10
Paula,I get bought scented candles and we sell them! I heard of one lady whose husband mysteriously said "stay in today,your birthday gift is being delivered"

It was a lorry load of manure!!!!!

Jo
19-06-2006, 20:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
[/quote]Did he have them surgically removed?

ShirleyD
19-06-2006, 20:42
My son bought me a selection of shampoos (buy one get one free!) he does now know what sort of toiletries we ladies like [msnwink]

blott
19-06-2006, 23:02
My Dad used to give my Mum and myself something in the electrical line, like a carving knife [msnoo] although I think something must have been 'whispered' and he went onto stuff like hairdryers, etc. Point was he owned an electrical store that my mother worked in so hardly made an effort, just took something off the shelf!

When he eventually retired and couldn't go out, he moved on to envelopes with money inside which, although nice, made for some pretty boring present opening events! [msnwink]

Paula D-S
20-06-2006, 00:15
I keep my mouth firmly closed now. Any CD ads on TV and I may comment I like this song, I would get the CD........I'd only like that one song.
However I do get a Robbie Calandar every year which takes pride of place in the kitchen. [msnwink]

rosie
20-06-2006, 00:17
OMG, I have been crying reading this thread, it's just too funny :D:D

I'm kind of glad Al very rarely remembers my birthday, our anniversary or anything else that involves gift buying.

He once went Xmas shopping with my best friends husband on Xmas eve, and you guessed it, next morning Kim and I opened exactly the same presents [msntongue][msntongue]

bjpointon
20-06-2006, 01:09
My friends Mum bought combs with names on for her Sons from her holiday - they are all bald!! Kath and & found it hilarious.

caroline
20-06-2006, 01:59
One of my friends mothers gave her son in law a pair of socks for Christmas - the freebie ones you get given on the plane[msnoo][msneek][msnsad]

Ray&Sarah
20-06-2006, 12:14
Well they do say its the thought that counts![msneek][msneek][msneek]

CarolAnn
20-06-2006, 12:26
OMG!! Just remembered a gift and a half!! First birthday after we were living together, I was 6 months pregnant...guess what I got for my birthday? [msnmad] A maternity jumpsuit, in purple from C & A!!! [msneek] Lucky for him there are NO photos for evidence[msncry] I bare a grudge, so good job!![msnwink]

Kazzie
20-06-2006, 14:28
My hubbys' workfriend once bought his wife an iron for Christmas[msneek] I think they are divorced now.

Karen

Pegasus928
20-06-2006, 14:38
I bought Mrs Pegasus a flying lesson for valentines day once. She seemed really pleased with it - more than pleased in fact - and I found out later the reason for her delight was because when we pulled into the airfield she thought I had bought her a parachute jump.
Her delight was in fact relief.

lorraine51
20-06-2006, 18:20
That last one made me laugh. I got a recipe book for Valantine's Day and my hubby had the cheek to look it over first and put markers on the recipes he would like me to make...must admit the salmon torte was good[msntongue]

Jules
21-06-2006, 00:08
I had a work colleague whos then husband told her she would have to look in the garage for her Christmas present, she had been complaining for months that she needed a new car as hers was on it's last legs, she gave him a big hug and a kiss and ran to the garage to find .....a new washing machine. He is now her ex husband, not because of this incident but I don't think it helped!![msnscared]

Kissyme
21-06-2006, 10:40
How funny, I am so lucky, Keith is an excellent shopper and I always get great gifts.
My dad once bought my Mum a deep fat fryer for her Birthday the look on her face was priceless and my poor old Dad could`nt understand why she was`nt over-joyed at the gift [msnsmile2]

cad-properties
25-06-2006, 02:28
Last Christmas, my husband bought me some Bathroom scales - Do you think he was trying to tell me something !!!!

Clair.
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/495.aspx

MarkJan
25-06-2006, 12:03
We have a birthday rule; Don't buy yourself anything for a month before your birthday as it cuts your options for presents down. Also, we have "birthday weeks". From the date of your birthday for 7 days, no compromising, it's your birthday week.

Load the dishwasher? Sorry, birthday week, etc.

bargainqueen
28-06-2006, 11:28
On our first wedding anniversary my husband told me I must stay in as a surprise was being delivered. He went off to Golf and when he returned 5 hours later he found his beloved wife ready to commit murder. He came in all smiles ready for the big thankyou for the huge bouquet of flowers but as nothing had arrived I wasn't best pleased.

That day is also my birthday, I had ready planned to go shopping as it was Saturday but the whole day was now in ruins.

Now we don't buy each other presents for the sake of a special day but treat ourselves throughout the year.

This years treat is to fly first class rather than premium next March. The memory will last longer that a bunch of flowers. [msnsmile2]

heathercobbett
28-06-2006, 12:10
My son and his partner buy each other scary gifts

Flying lessons
Circus lessons
Singing lessons and the like.

She is also great at imaginative and beautiful gift wrapping.When she was a student,she bought a cheap trunk and filled it with little treats wrapped like treasure and sewed gold wrapped chocolate coins together and had them spilling out

The next year Graeme found all her most wanted books and videos on ebay and made a bookcase out of supermarket boxes as a gift presentation

Paula D-S
28-06-2006, 18:11
It was our 14th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. On Monday I asked my hubby what the date was he said 26th I asked what's the date tomorrow, he replied the 27th[msneek] took about 2 minutes before he realised, he went straight out to the shops (thanks goodness for retail parks)

thornton
28-06-2006, 21:25
Reading this has really cheered me up. It is our 30th wedding anniversay this year and a month later my *0th birthday. I must say I am wondering what surprises I have in store[?][?]
I have his for the anniversary sorted.

Jill

T2M
12-07-2006, 00:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
it's quite simple to all those men reading this you just check out the label in the wife/partners/girlfriends underwear (preferably whilst it's not being worn) BEFORE you hit the shops[msneek]

[msnmad]

Mizzy
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice! I just got caught going through my wife's underwear draw [msnwink] [msnwink]

Love the stories, fantastic!! [msnsmile2]