PDA

View Full Version : Best Value for Money Theme Park / Attractions

Magical Dreams
17-06-2006, 22:35
We all have our Favorite Theme Park / Attraction
(Unless you don't visit them)

But which do you think represents the best value for money
based on a single day ticket?

I've only listed the main ones so please feel free to comment on any others!

jackie greaves
17-06-2006, 23:48
I voted for Sea World, but I must admit I also think Busch Gardens is excellent value for money.

dawn
17-06-2006, 23:57
I voted for Busch, it has something for everyone of all ages[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
18-06-2006, 00:21
i voted Busch, my family have so many things they love doing there, and as we havent "done" that many parks its hard to say really so opted for our best and most visited by us .....so far, theyre all great!

brizzle
18-06-2006, 01:02
Voted for Epcot; The variety and unique nature of the park with the best firework show I think makes it best value for money.

MarkJan
18-06-2006, 02:37
I voted for Busch Gardens as for roller coasters alone, well worth the money. I think if you compare any of the US theme parks to say, Alton Towers, you will agree any of the US parks are value for money.

DiannaUK
18-06-2006, 02:45
On the basis of the question "value for money" based on a single day ticket, it has to be Gatorland, but as to which is my favourite, well, Islands of Adventure wins hands down for me.

Dianna

Shirley G
18-06-2006, 03:49
I voted for Seaworld as I love Shamu and do the daytime and evening show everytime.

I also like their gift shops and things are more reasonably priced than at some of the other parks

becbecs
18-06-2006, 17:38
Voted Seaworld. Our Favorite
Plus we love the evening Clyde & Seamore show when they take the Micky out of all the other park shows. That mime artists is really funny [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

freddiehollie
18-06-2006, 20:57
EPCOT[msnsmile2]So much to do. Great rides great shows and those fireworks!!!!!

eastcoastbranch
19-06-2006, 02:17
I voted Epcot. Something there for all ages and I just love the firework display and the music.
Hannah.

E. Cosgrove
19-06-2006, 02:30
I think the danger here is that people will vote for their favourite park.
I voted for Epcot as best value for money as it is virtually 2 theme parks in one, but not necesarily my favourite park, that accolade goes to MGM
:D

Paula D-S
19-06-2006, 10:26
MGM is my favourite park too, although I think Busch Gardens gives best value for money.

solanasunshine
19-06-2006, 12:03
Epcot wins for us too [msnsmile]

caroline
19-06-2006, 13:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
I think the danger here is that people will vote for their favourite park.
I voted for Epcot as best value for money as it is virtually 2 theme parks in one, but not necesarily my favourite park, that accolade goes to MGM
:D
[/quote]

You're right Liz, I voted for MGM as it is my ultimate favourite park, but thinking about it Epcot is probably the best value for money.

davy woods
19-06-2006, 23:22
If its value for money then I would say Busch Gardens. If you want my favorite park then IOA both great parks although Sea World is a very close second on both accounts.
Dave

ALR
20-06-2006, 11:45
So difficult to choose but I had to go for Epcot:D

Think the snowcones at Japan had some influence on my decision
[msntongue]

ALR

freddiehollie
21-06-2006, 23:57
Snowcones mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [msntongue][msntongue]
Have to wait till December mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[msntongue][msntongue]

Pegasus928
22-06-2006, 05:25
I must admit to being amazed to see Universal getting any votes - though if you just pay the entrance fee and not the express pass I suppose it's comparable.
I'm also struggling to decide - mainly based on the fact that always buy the multi tickets so don't really know what the individual gate prices are.
In the end though I'm going to go for Magic Kingdom because the look on the kids faces, and Mrs Pegasus, and Grandma, on that first ever visit when they turned the corner and saw Cinderellas Castle was value for money on it's own.
Pegasus

Magical Dreams
22-06-2006, 05:43
One of the reasons I think Universal and IOA are not getting many are because they are mainly aimed at Teenagers
It may be a different result if they were voting!

If it was solely based on Thrill rides then I'm positive they would be top of the list!

Single Day Tickets are in the region of $60 + Tax each if bought at the gate.
Thats why the multi day tickets are suck good value and even better if bought from the link above!

domster
22-06-2006, 08:26
Voted Seaworld too.

Thorogoods
22-06-2006, 16:41
Magic Kingdom, through all of them. Our Disney Tickets we brought 7 days plus water parks including Park Hopper and Unexpiry dates works out at 13.50 per day for admission, when you compared it to the UK they are all outstanding value for what you get.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Sazere
10-07-2006, 13:42
I voted Seaworld, only because of our last visit. We went with 1 baby, 2 toddlers, us (mom and dad), grandparents (one of whom in wheelchair) and we found Seaworld had something for everyone and wasn't too overwhelming for the kids. Therefore for us personally we had value for money.

However I love universal and mgm and would happy visit those several times during my hols![clap]

feathersonline
12-07-2006, 13:17
What about Cypress Gardens, with their buy a one day ticket for around $40 and get a second day free? The annual pass is also great value at around $90...

LiesaAnna
12-07-2006, 13:21
we have put Epcot on our top of the things to do list when we next go to florida, never been before so looking forward to it after reading many good things on here

Magical Dreams
12-07-2006, 13:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
we have put Epcot on our top of the things to do list when we next go to florida, never been before so looking forward to it after reading many good things on here
[/quote]

I can't believe you have never been?

You'll love it!

Its Daniel's fav park because of the Technology they have.

Plus they have some great rides too.

Soarin is Fab, you'll love it!

brizzle
12-07-2006, 13:59
EPCOT is 3 parks in one:

a)The hands on stuff at Innoventions
b)All the rides at the front of the park (Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Figment, Living Seas, Honey I Shrunk)
c)The World Showcase which is a nice walk around the lake taking in all the food/colour/rides/shows/characters of each nation.

Add the fireworks at the end and you've got a lot of things with variety to do.

It can be a park you grow into because some find it not instantly gratifying like say the Magic Kingdom because it's a little bit more subtle.
It's a bit like music, a song you like immediately becomes old quickly, the ones that grow on you normally last longer, if you get what I mean.

LiesaAnna
12-07-2006, 14:29
never appealed to us before, but have read so many great things about it and seen so many pictures that i think its worth a look around, so am looking forward to it, infact other family members are looking forward to it!
will let you know my thoughts next year:D

Magical Dreams
12-07-2006, 17:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
never appealed to us before, but have read so many great things about it and seen so many pictures that i think its worth a look around, so am looking forward to it, infact other family members are looking forward to it!
will let you know my thoughts next year:D
[/quote]

Make sure the kids do the hunt, they start in the first country and pick up a Mask and they have it stamped.
They have to collect all the stamps and the little favours before they collect their prize at the end!

The Twins love doing it and so does the big one too.

Make sure you have your comfy shoes on!

The kids will have you walking all over the place.

Amazing variety of food selection too.
(England as good old Fish and Chips) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

tony2000
31-08-2010, 01:35
I think Busch Gardens has every think for us
Tracy

mfairhurst
31-08-2010, 02:40
We love EPCOT and seen it change over the years and still go back time after time .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Andrena
31-08-2010, 02:42
WE love Epcot, but voted for Sea World as it is excellent value for money.

Andrena

steph_goodrum
31-08-2010, 10:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by feathersonline
What about Cypress Gardens, with their buy a one day ticket for around $40 and get a second day free? The annual pass is also great value at around $90...
[/quote]

It's incredibly bad value to buy a ticket for at the moment because it's closed down:)

It is going to be openend in the next couple of years as one of (if not) the largest Legolands in the World.

The poll as said could be a bit skewed if we are looking at it from our point of view because it is a bit subjective depending on the ages of the party.
Personally I think I would say Epcot as there is so much going on in the different lands, which don't depend on the rides. As hubby doesnt ride on many of the rides for health reasons, we find he spends less time in Epcot sitting around waiting than in the other parks, but someone who wants all the rides would probably say that was a waste of money.

Lyn
31-08-2010, 17:31
I voted Sea World as we buy a yearly ticket and visit again and again, cannot visit Florida without going to Sea World and think it is very good value for money. I also think Epcot is excellant value for money as it has so many facets to it there is something for everyone.

chrizzy100
31-08-2010, 18:43
We love Universal..having passes we have saved $7k over the last few years in entry fee's..