PDA

View Full Version : OSBOURNE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AT MGM

DMC
25-07-2003, 15:53
Having visited Orlando for many years in the Spring and Autumn, last year we went over for the Christmas Holiday's.

The highlight of our stay, I have to say was the Osbourne Christmas Lights at MGM Studios.

If you get the chance to go to see them you won't be disappointed, all of the houses on the backstage tour and the Civic Square are covered in over 5 million lights. ( Heaven knows how long it takes to put them up and take them back down again )

I have never walked through a Disney Park with so many people milling around in absolute silence, it seemed everyone found the sight simply breathtaking.

As always Disney get the atmosphere is just right, with fake snow ( bubbles really ) falling from the sky and Carols being sung in the background.

It's enough to bring a tear to the eye of any hardened 'Scrooge'.

From memory the light are on from Novemeber through to mid January.

DMC

blott
25-07-2003, 16:11
They're great I have to admit. Unfortunately, they're not on at Christmas 2003 as Disney is refurbing the area but we hope they'll be back for Christmas 2004.

SunLover
02-08-2003, 16:35
Didn't know that Blottie ~ thanks for the advance warning !

My parents are going out just before Christmas, and I've already told them they HAVE to see the Osbourne lights ~ best go and break the bad news :(

blott
02-08-2003, 18:05
Sorry for the bad news then Chris. If it's any consolation, we were looking forward to them too.:( However, they can still get to see some amazing displays by just driving around residential areas - some of the home owners go to incredible lengths with their Christmas decorations!

tinkerbell
03-08-2003, 04:31
Celebration is one of the best places to spot some christmas lights in the way they were meant to be used!!! It's our consolation prize this year too!