PDA

View Full Version : xmas

dms
16-06-2006, 19:37
i've just tried to book xmas brunch in the renaissance and was told that they are changing the venue to the crystal room which is alot smaller and the menu will be different anyone got any other ideas as i have only ever been there for xmas lunch and don't really know what to do now...thx

dawn
16-06-2006, 20:41
The Gaylord Palms is supposed to very good. Like you we have only tried the Renaissance. You never know you may prefer a change[msnsmile]

ShirleyD
16-06-2006, 21:27
We ate at Gaylord Palms on Christmas day. It was so friendly and unrushed...loved it :D

Newhomebuyer
16-06-2006, 22:08
We were going to give the Rennaissance a try for the first time this year [msnsad]

Is it a buffet at Gaylord and is it in Villa de Flora, Shirley?

maisie
16-06-2006, 22:10
we ate at gaylord palms at christmas it was very good

Budboy
16-06-2006, 22:17
Peabody was fantastic in 2005

Christmas
Capriccio Champagne Brunch

Cold Hors D’oeuvre Selection
Fresh Sliced Fruit and Berries
Artesianal Cheese Display
An Array of Holiday Salads
Iced Seafood to include: Shrimp, Mussels and Clams
Variety of Applewood Smoked Fish and Seafood
Pates and Terrines with Dried Fruits and Whole Grain Mustard

Specialties
Frittata and Omelets Prepared To Order with:
Aged Cheddar, Asiago, Scallions, Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Asparagus Tips,
Cured Ham and Fresh Herbs.
Classic Eggs Benedict
Selection of Individual Quiche
Assorted Pizzas Baked in our Brick Oven
Penne Pasta Arrabbiata with Herbs and Calamata Olives

Carved
Traditional Tom Turkey with Natural Pan Gravy and Cranberry Compote
Lightly Smoked Prime Rib of Beef with Au Jus and Horseradish Sauce
Orange Blossom Honey Glazed Ham with A Citrus Relish

Accompaniments
Toasted Pecan and Apple Stuffing
Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar and Butter
Buttery Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Brussel Sprouts Sauteed with Crispy Bacon
Roasted Vegetable Hash

Traditional Sweets and Pastries
Apple Crisp, Selection of Pies, Custards, Tarts, Cakes and Spritz Cookies

Champagne, Orange Juice, Coffee and Tea
Adults $44.95 Children 6-12 $18.95
10:30AM – 4:00 PM
Credit Card Reservations Only
For Reservations Call (407) 345-4570

berni_richards
16-06-2006, 23:43
Gaylord palms but you need to book by september.

Ray&Sarah
17-06-2006, 12:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dms
i've just tried to book xmas brunch in the renaissance and was told that they are changing the venue to the crystal room which is alot smaller and the menu will be different anyone got any other ideas as i have only ever been there for xmas lunch and don't really know what to do now...thx
[/quote]

Wow thats a shame, we sent them an e-mail and when they replied they didn't mention this.

Seems surprising as its always so popular, may have to have a rethink about our plans as well.[msneek]

Genie
17-06-2006, 12:34
we tried the other ones in Gaylord this time, the Hickery steak house was fabulous and the Sam's at Key west was good too ( neither are buffets )

Simone D
22-06-2006, 00:02
Oh no [msncry] we love the Renaissance - especially the strawberry soup. Do any of the others have this ? Also the champagne was not too bad either [msnwink]

jackie greaves
22-06-2006, 00:20
The hotel at Champions Gate looks lovely. Sorry can't remember its name but you could look it up on their web site. Haven't eaten there yet but were thinking of trying it next time we are over. I think they have about 4 different restaurants.

andrewandcarole
22-06-2006, 01:31
Hmmm......we love the Renaissance too - haven't heard this.

Carole

Peppermint
22-06-2006, 02:01
The Renaissance told me the same today - but said the menu will be along similar lines. The Omni resort at Champions Gate told us last year that they do not book non-residents in for Christmas lunch.

Ray&Sarah
22-06-2006, 12:33
We will be booking with the Renaissance anyway, will have to see what its like.[msnsmile]

pieman790
22-06-2006, 13:08
Does anybody know if the Renaissance are doing the Brunch for Thanks giving or if they have swapped the venue for that as well.

Benny24
25-06-2006, 12:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
The hotel at Champions Gate looks lovely. Sorry can't remember its name but you could look it up on their web site. Haven't eaten there yet but were thinking of trying it next time we are over. I think they have about 4 different restaurants.
[/quote]

That will be the OMNI at Cahmpions Gate. Looks lovely, and they have a lazy river too!! You could float your lunch off afterwards!!!