PDA

View Full Version : E2 waiting time and offer of help

Tyreabusa
10-06-2006, 07:28
I have read lots of posts and threads and can see that something has to happen here. A vast majority of E2 holders, applicants, and renewers are going through the same situation i.e. the London Embassy taking intolerable amounts of time to process their visas. I myself had the same request for 'extra information' that was already included in my application. OK, so this is the stalling tactic that the Embassy are using to gain more time but all it does is make the wait longer for all situations ( new applications and renewals ). Also, the fact that I have not heard of a 5 year visa being issued in 2 years says that something is awry ( PM me if you have been granted a 5 year since December 2004 ). Perhaps with the change of staff that is supposed to be coming at the Embassy this might change. I am now 13 months into my E2 and have no idea if I should be pushing forward with my plans to open another branch of my company or not. I'm not going to invest more money just to have my renewal refused for some petty reason. I'm sure I am not the only one to say that with a 5 year there would have been no hesitation on my part, but as it is I will get on with my 2 year and suck it up !!!!

In the interim, my Tampa based Attorney is attending the American Imigration Lawyers Association conference on 21st June. I have got together with him and we have come up with this small but significant way of putting across our grievances with the time taken to process visas. What I would like is (1) anyone who has applied for an E2 but is still waiting an huge amount of time for acceptance, (2) Anyone who has been granted an E2, but had to wait a huge amount of time for it to be granted, or who had to supply that 'extra information' that was there all the time on the application or, (3) Anyone who is having to, or has had to wait a huge time for their renewal to PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. You dont need to put your name and address if you dont want to. But remember, a piece of paper with words on is still a piece of paper with words on unless you stand up to be counted, and put your name and address on it. It then becomes a document !! If any Lawyers are reading this please dont put me right !!! All I want is precise information to include all the relevant dates where you applied, got refused, received confirmation of something, were asked for more info, got given an appointment or pre-appointment, got accepted. Just the relevant details without telling a story, or without writing your grievances. Emotion will not work here ! Just plain facts only. I will then pass the messages onto my Attorney who already has a meeting scheduled with the State Department at the conference to deal with the problem. My Attorney wont allow the State Department to keep the messages so dont feel that you will be victimised at all. And you wont get hit with spam either !! If you feel that you don’t want to get involved please dont PM me and complain and please dont add posts to this thread saying negative things because all I am trying to do is help us all out !!! For once I would really like to see the general apathy of the English put to one side and try to help each other. If you dont want to put your grievances forward then thats ok as well. I hope to hear from anyone in the UK as well as we were all there once ......remember .

I look forward to hearing from anybody.

florida4sun
10-06-2006, 13:41
Great idea, the powrs tat be are well aware of the problems in london and need a real good kick up then backside to push them into gettiung it sorted.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tyreabusa
I have read lots of posts and threads and can see that something has to happen here. A vast majority of E2 holders, applicants, and renewers are going through the same situation i.e. the London Embassy taking intolerable amounts of time to process their visas. I myself had the same request for "extra information" that was already included in my application. OK, so this is the stalling tactic that the Embassy are using to gain more time but all it does is make the wait longer for all situations ( new applications and renewals ). Also, the fact that I have not heard of a 5 year visa being issued in 2 years says that something is awry ( PM me if you have been granted a 5 year since December 2004 ). Perhaps with the change of staff that is supposed to be coming at the Embassy this might change. I am now 13 months into my E2 and have no idea if I should be pushing forward with my plans to open another branch of my company or not. I'm not going to invest more money just to have my renewal refused for some petty reason. I'm sure I am not the only one to say that with a 5 year there would have been no hesitation on my part, but as it is I will get on with my 2 year and suck it up !!!!

In the interim, my Tampa based Attorney is attending the American Imigration Lawyers Association conference on 21st June. I have got together with him and we have come up with this small but significant way of putting across our grievances with the time taken to process visas. What I would like is (1) anyone who has applied for an E2 but is still waiting an huge amount of time for acceptance, (2) Anyone who has been granted an E2, but had to wait a huge amount of time for it to be granted, or who had to supply that "extra information" that was there all the time on the application or, (3) Anyone who is having to, or has had to wait a huge time for their renewal to PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. You dont need to put your name and address if you dont want to. But remember, a piece of paper with words on is still a piece of paper with words on unless you stand up to be counted, and put your name and address on it. It then becomes a document !! If any Lawyers are reading this please dont put me right !!! All I want is precise information to include all the relevant dates where you applied, got refused, received confirmation of something, were asked for more info, got given an appointment or pre-appointment, got accepted. Just the relevant details without telling a story, or without writing your grievances. Emotion will not work here ! Just plain facts only. I will then pass the messages onto my Attorney who already has a meeting scheduled with the State Department at the conference to deal with the problem. My Attorney wont allow the State Department to keep the messages so dont feel that you will be victimised at all. And you wont get hit with spam either !! If you feel that you don’t want to get involved please dont PM me and complain and please dont add posts to this thread saying negative things because all I am trying to do is help us all out !!! For once I would really like to see the general apathy of the English put to one side and try to help each other. If you dont want to put your grievances forward then thats ok as well. I hope to hear from anyone in the UK as well as we were all there once ......remember .

I look forward to hearing from anybody.

[/quote]

Tyreabusa
10-06-2006, 17:34
Thanks Martin. Lets watch and see what happens.

Tyreabusa
13-06-2006, 18:14
Hey Martin !! Guess what ? Nothing has happened !!

chrizzy100
13-06-2006, 19:29
Did many people write to you...?

Tyreabusa
15-06-2006, 18:18
Just 1 person !!!!