PDA

View Full Version : Everest on tv last night

mizzy
09-06-2006, 15:33
did anyone see last nights holiday programme on the bbc at 7pm?

they had a feature on the new Everest ride at AK, there was a guy from britain who is one of britains best mountain climbers and he had conquered the real Everest

they where comparing the setting of Everest in animal kingdom with the real thing (the country, it's buildings etc) and the mountain climber was very impressed and said it was all very realistic and the attention to detail was fab

it showed footage of them on the actual ride and it looked fantastic[clap][clap][clap]

now i just have to wait another 9 months before i can experience it for myself[msncry]

Mizzy

ShirleyD
09-06-2006, 17:00
Can't wait to try it!!

linda allen
09-06-2006, 17:21
Went on it on Sunday. It's fab. My 4 year old was tall enough to go on it too. If they measure you and you reach the height limit they stamp your hand with YETI. My son thought this was really cool and loved the ride too.

jackie greaves
09-06-2006, 17:43
What exactly does it do? Can anyone explain please.

floridageoff
09-06-2006, 18:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
[/quote]It's like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Magic Kingdom only a lot faster and it goes backwards![msnscared]

solanasunshine
09-06-2006, 18:49
Looks great! [clap][clap]

jackie greaves
09-06-2006, 19:18
Thans Glenda and Geoff. It sounds great, must give it ago next time we are over.

mizzy
09-06-2006, 19:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
[/quote]

someone has already posted a video link somewhere on the site Jackie

but it looks a bit like big thunder mountain but as you go up you come to a section where the track has been ripped up and there's no way forward so yep! you guessed it a huge drop backwards[msneek]
it looks very fast and last night they said speeds of up to 50 miles per hour and an 80ft drop[msnscared] and of course there's still the yeti to meet!

that would usually be enough to put me off but i think i'm gonna be brave and give it a go[msneek]

Mizzy

dawn
09-06-2006, 19:55
Linda, did your 4 year old find it frightening, or just good fun?

CarolAnn
09-06-2006, 20:00
Was thinking the same Dawn[msnembarrased] I would love to go on it...but.. I have "scared to death" issues[msnscared]

Lesley S
09-06-2006, 21:12
It is a brilliant ride, I do not really like "coasters" but I went on the ride 3 times last week, it was excellent, very smooth. Did not feel like there was a big drop.....

becbecs
09-06-2006, 23:56
It looks fab, can't wait to try it in August

Jules
10-06-2006, 00:28
I'm a complete whimp but I went on this twice and enjoyed it. It is similar to Big Thunder Mountain but you don't get thrown around so much and you do go backwards. I would do it again although I'll pass on BTM. I did think it was quite short compared to some of the other rides which isn't much fun if you have had to queue for a long time fortunately we used fast passes so only had to wait about 10 minutes. :)

cad-properties
10-06-2006, 01:29
We managed to ride Expedition Everest back in February.

As usual I had to ride it first to check that it was suitable - NOT for my children but for my Husband !!

I thought it was fantastic and did managed to persuade Hubby to go on it and he really enjoyed it.

Its a great ride, fast and as others have said it does go backwards. The queue for the ride is also very good with lots to look at while you are waiting.

Enjoy.

Clair
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/495.aspx

linda allen
10-06-2006, 13:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
Linda, did your 4 year old find it frightening, or just good fun?
[/quote]

He loved it. He did say it was scary but wanted to ride it again. Until now Big Thunder Mountain and Splash maountain were his faveourite rides.
I think Everest is better, faster and smoother.

G Lazell
10-06-2006, 23:09
How do you do it! We can't get our 11 year old to go on anything other than the kiddy rides.

Could be something to with the fact we talked her into going on Terror Towers, that was over a year ago but she hasn't forgiven us yet[msneek]

Tracey

Pegasus928
11-06-2006, 04:33
Watched it on TV with our daughter and she says she can't wait to try it on our next visit.

Tracey - we have an 11 year old like that although he did surprise us and did Skycoaster at Old Town this year. It's our 7 year old that is the adrenaline junkie and wants to do everything - she gets most upset if she is not tall enough :(

Mr & Mrs Pegasus

sammibabe
13-06-2006, 19:09
My 6 1/2 year old (she gets very cross if I just say 6!) loved Everest but she loved everything. Nexest oldest is iffy with rides; some she likes some she doesn't. She loved it. Eldest and husband love all coasters (particularly Sheikra and Kracken) and they enjoyed it too. I'm going to be left on my own a lot soon once youngest is tall enough to go on everthing!

ShirleyCottam
02-03-2007, 00:21
I was too scared to go on it [msnscared] (Everest) and so just watched with the little ones. I have been on Thunder mountain, a few times, but splash mountain only once as I was scared of the drop, I like speed but not drops.

Such a wimp!

mizzy
02-03-2007, 00:54
since i started this post i had over 9 months to wait, now it's only 2 more weeks til i can get the chance to try this ride out

i'm a bit of a wimp who finds thunder mountain a little scary [msnembarrased] so i'm hoping i have the guts to ride it[msneek]

only 2 more weeks!, i've got to say that again, only 2 more weeks!!!!!!! i'm soooooo excited[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

John-40
08-04-2007, 20:03
I was there at AK when they were building Everest. It looks very fun and look forward to riding it in 2 months. :D

Mr G
08-04-2007, 21:53
Its a fantastic ride,we managed two in a row when we were there last August. One of our party chickened out in the queue so the girl gave me two passes. My Son and I went on it again without queuing.

It is a bit like Thunder Mountain but a few more surprises which I won't spoil.[msnwink]

Definitely one of our favourite rides at the moment.

zerotone
09-04-2007, 16:57
We also have an 11 yr old who wont go on any coasters etc. Unfortunately I suffer from motion sickness and cannot do coaster too, so poor hubby has to go on his own.

Jane

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by G Lazell
How do you do it! We can't get our 11 year old to go on anything other than the kiddy rides.

Could be something to with the fact we talked her into going on Terror Towers, that was over a year ago but she hasn't forgiven us yet[msneek]

Tracey
[/quote]

CCollins
10-04-2007, 15:03
we really enjoyed this ride too.

Very well made - as you would expect from Disney!