PDA

View Full Version : A good business wanted in Orlando Florida

Daz"N"Kaz
09-06-2006, 03:33
Hi,we are due out to Orlando in 6 weeks time,and would be interested if anyone knows of a good sound business for sale.It would have to be located in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Clermont/Davenport areas.We are looking at Home Management/Lawns/pool/retail,but are willing to consider all.It must be a good sound business that would qualify for visas.Also a good business broker and immigration lawyer.
Thanks

florida4sun
09-06-2006, 03:47
Buying an MC is not the way to go, most visa are being rejected. Plus they tend to be overpriced.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daz"N"Kaz
Hi,we are due out to Orlando in 6 weeks time,and would be interested if anyone knows of a good sound business for sale.It would have to be located in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Clermont/Davenport areas.We are looking at Home Management/Lawns/pool/retail,but are willing to consider all.It must be a good sound business that would qualify for visas.Also a good business broker and immigration lawyer.
Thanks
[/quote]

Kazzie
09-06-2006, 03:48
Hi Daz and Kaz,

I do not wish to be rude but I think you need to do a little more research into buying businesses and the appropriate visa options. It is not easy at all to just buy a business in Florida and expect to get a green card to enable to stay there.

Have you read through some of the threads here? There is a lot of information already on the forum.

Karen

pepsi
09-06-2006, 05:23
We have been told that you have to have a business in the UK that has to remain viable, if you hope to move out to Florida to develop a business. We have a friend who is a builder who has now moved out to live in Florida but he has had to keep his building company in the UK going in order to obtain a visa to reside in the USA. Karen is quite right in saying that it is not so easy now to obtain a green card.

florida4sun
09-06-2006, 12:24
You dont have to have a company in the UK, that is just for one particular type of visa.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pepsi
We have been told that you have to have a business in the UK that has to remain viable, if you hope to move out to Florida to develop a business. We have a friend who is a builder who has now moved out to live in Florida but he has had to keep his building company in the UK going in order to obtain a visa to reside in the USA. Karen is quite right in saying that it is not so easy now to obtain a green card.
[/quote]

DaveL
09-06-2006, 12:49
Buying a business does not get you a green card it just get you a visa. If the business fails then you have to leave.

Dave

florida4sun
09-06-2006, 13:02
Just to get this back on track, the original questions only mentions visas and not green cards.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
Buying a business does not get you a green card it just get you a visa. If the business fails then you have to leave.

Dave[/quote]

esprit
09-06-2006, 19:22
Actually all businesss are coming under scrutiny at the embassy now, Martin. Only the big ones costing a lot of money are having an easy time. I know it used to be the case years ago but I dont think management companies are faring any worse than any other business now visa wise. The most recent devastating turndown was a whole pile of pest control franchises, now you would have thought that was ok, wouldnt you??

chrizzy100
09-06-2006, 19:33
FL could be going like the Cape..Pest control was big up here until do it yourself became easier to buy in the shops...going from $280 to $20 a year stopped all the locals from using the service..many have gone under this last 2 years..apart from termites..and even then most people don't have a termite bond up here..because it easier and cheaper to just replace the shingles and wood...not so easy in FL..but everyday bugs are your bread and butter...you can't live by termites along..

florida4sun
09-06-2006, 20:05
with STR you have to use a licensed and bonded company, MC or owners cannot do their own pest control, so there is a huge market out there.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
FL could be going like the Cape..Pest control was big up here until do it yourself became easier to buy in the shops...going from $280 to $20 a year stopped all the locals from using the service..many have gone under this last 2 years..apart from termites..and even then most people don't have a termite bond up here..because it easier and cheaper to just replace the shingles and wood...not so easy in FL..but everyday bugs are your bread and butter...you can't live by termites along..
[/quote]

chrizzy100
09-06-2006, 20:20
My bug guy in FL was just saying they are losing a lot of custom....STR homes going to locals..he's lost 7 homes around me in the last few months alone..

florida4sun
09-06-2006, 20:32
Tell him there is plenty of business if he looks for it, the company I used to use has a waiting list! If he has a stock of around 100 homes then he would expect to gain/lose 2 or 3 % per month, which is about what he is doing. He needs to work on the 'gain' sode of things.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
My bug guy in FL was just saying they are losing a lot of custom....STR homes going to locals..he's lost 7 homes around me in the last few months alone..
[/quote]

Daz"N"Kaz
09-06-2006, 21:11
Hi Folks
We have been doing a lot of research over the last 12 months on buying a business.We dont really want to go the E2 way.Buying a business,all the problems,pay all your taxes,contribute to the country and having to get out when we retire does not interest us in the slightist.We are perhaps looking at the L visa and keeping our UK business going for a couple of years or so.We have looked very seriously into this.We do ok here in the UK and would not just pack up and go to Orlando to lose what we have built up here in the UK.

esprit
10-06-2006, 02:19
That is a very sensible attitude. You can premium process L1 in fifteen days not months as with E2, if you buy an existing business are likely to get three years rather than one year if you set one up and you can file for green card at the end of the first year. Sounds like a plan.

Daz"N"Kaz
10-06-2006, 23:15
Hi Esprit,thanks for the info,it does sound like a plan.

Kazzie
11-06-2006, 01:28
Daz n Kaz,

Good luck to you. From the original post I assumed that you had just thought on a whim that you fancied moving to Florida. If, like you say, you have done your research I am sure you will eventually realise the best plan to get the visa you require.

Keep in touch with the forum and let us know how everything goes.

Karen

Daz"N"Kaz
11-06-2006, 03:46
Thanks Karen,we have been thinking about it for a couple of years.But it is such a big move,and a lot to consider.It sounds a dream on the face of it,but as you know,the grass aint always greener on the other side,but it sure looks more healthy!
Will keep you posted.
Take care
Daz n Kaz

chrizzy100
11-06-2006, 04:15
Some people have no problems and have a great life here..so the grass is greener in some cases..
If you're trying to leave behind crime..bad schools..PC gone wild..illegals..then you're going to find all that 10 fold here..if you want a different life..to meet new American friends and neighbours..a hot summer if moving somewere warm..then you should be more than happy here..remember money is the key..along with planning..going a route that leads to a greencard takes a lot of worry out your move..and gives you a future you can plan..having a greencard does not stop you having problems..but it sure takes away a lot of them...good luck..[msnsmile2]

flyrr100
11-06-2006, 07:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daz"N"Kaz
Thanks
[/quote]

Home management, I guess you mean Property Management. You have to be a Florida Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate before you can do anything in Property Management.

Also, looking at your destination choices it looks like you've vacationed here and liked it. Belive me, and most other transplanted Brits, Florida is great to visit, but it's a 'Third World State' to live in. If you want the weather, try the Carolinas or look out west. Arizona, Nevada, or California are all far better places to live than Florida. And probably alot cheaper. Florida is becoming a very expensive plave to live. What with all insurance rates going up, and gas now at almost $3.00 a gallon. I know it's cheaper than the UK, but we've had under $1.30 gas for a long time. Don't get sucked in to the idea that Florida is all Disney and cheap steaks.
Don't get me wrong, I love it here. But I'm in Florida for my job. I'd move out west in a heartbeat if I could.
Good luck anyway.

chrizzy100
11-06-2006, 08:24
I think its worth thinking about moving to a different State...but I don't think FL is that bad ....Ins is going up all over the USA for one reason or another..floods...land slides..storms..twisters..earthquakes...a lot of one time cheap places to live are nolonger that..I'd not go to CA for any reason..a few friends are trying to move back East after living in AZ 3 years or so..

FL is a poor State..but growing..and a lot of middle class Americans would move there in a heartbeat if the right jobs were there...its also an easy trip back to the UK..FL does have more pros than cons for most Brits...but I think its becoming harder to get a visa to move there..it seems like the US does not want a little Britain...and I must say its getting harder to go anywhere in the Orlando area...without hearing the Brit accent..

Daz"N"Kaz
11-06-2006, 22:47
Thanks for your views gang,we are taking it all on board.We have been in business a long time here with transport,and believe me,its getting worse by the month.Our fuel bills have gone up by 24% in the 12 months,insurance up by 28%.For the transport industry,it has been a terrible 18 months.The trouble is that if the transport costs more,then everyone pays more.We tell our American friends what we pay on fuel,and they cannot believe it.Nine dollars a gallon,its a joke.Last time we were out in Florida,we saw an advert for Jaguar S types.The cost was two thirds of ours in the UK and they are built 18 miles from our house in the UK?What the hell is going on.As Brits,we are sick of getting ripped off in the UK,and to be honest,i think its sinking fast!
Thats why we have been looking so seriously at relocation to a place we love,and have a lot of friends there.

Keep it coming,and we will keep you posted.
See ya
Daz n Kaz

chrizzy100
12-06-2006, 00:42
I got my house in FL because my best friend lives there..friends are everything..and make it easier to fit in..

Daz"N"Kaz
16-10-2006, 02:16
Hi everyone,just to let you know we are still on the trail of relocating to the States.We have been busy searching the forum and the internet.We went out on holiday to our villa and also met up with a few people there.
We have spoke to our families and some are not to happy about our thoughts on moving over the waters.Very awkward situation.
We are thinking of the L1 visa and perhaps of starting our own business there.Not that we dont want to spend money, but there seems to be a lot of rubbish for sale in the Orlando area and we would rather put money to good use with building our own.
Well, keep it coming.Its nice to know that me and Kaz are not alone in here.
Take care
Daz n Kaz

esprit
16-10-2006, 03:52
L1 is a good way to go and can eventually lead to green card. The situation with E2 has been dire over the last 12 months with one year visas and renewals being granted in some cases, if at all, and huge processing delays. A visa leading to permanent residence is definitely the way to go but if you are starting rather than buying a business however you need to hit the ground running if you are to get through your first renewal which is somewhat harder than the initial approval.

Daz"N"Kaz
16-10-2006, 23:18
Thanks for your help Esprit, we really appreciate it.

Darren & Karen