PDA

View Full Version : Photos at Walmart

orlandobabe
07-06-2006, 09:02
Walmart on the 27 Cagan's Crossing are doing a set of photos for $6-88.

They are an absolute bargain.

We took my grandson and picked them up today-and they are stunning we are really thrilled with them.

What happens is the photographer takes 1 photo -and asks you if you like it. Once you say yes-that's it-you don't get another go. Say no-and she'll take it again till you're happy.

Then-once that is out the way-she'll then spend a lot more time arranging them with different backdrops-so yes we bought more-but we have a lovely set of photos for $50

There was no hard sell-and we would have felt happy just taking the original set-but my grandson looked so scrumptious we couldn't resist the others.

In the cheaper set-we have so many photos-we haven't enough relatives to give one each too.-Even passing them round our neighbours would still leave us with loads.

Slight drawback is you need to allow 3 weeks to pick them up-although they could come back sooner.

Maybe if you have a friend coming out at a later date-or if you book with a villa owner-they may be able to help. However you manage it-you aren't getting robbed.

pieman790
07-06-2006, 10:40
We had our digital camera prints done at Walmart last week. We used the one hour service but they were not ready 2 hours after we had left them so they did them for half price. They were charging 19 cents per photo (6x4). Impressed with the results.

LiesaAnna
07-06-2006, 11:41
great service from walmart, we get all ours developed there its so much cheaper then here! and the quality is better i think

S&VEdwards
07-06-2006, 12:58
We have ours printed at Walmart and our local Asda has just started doing them - just 5p per print.

pieman790
07-06-2006, 14:09
One tip and that is do not order 5x7 photos from them as they charge almost $1.5 per photo for the 1 hour service or 58 cents for the normal service. For some strange reason 5x7 is not standard in Walmart. We ordered 200+ 5x7 a few years ago and nearly fainted when we got the bill.

IanW
07-06-2006, 14:40
I made the same mistake, ordering 120 5x7s. There's no price given on the displays for the 5x7s. The man at the counter must have come across this problem before as when I went to pick them up 1 hr later he hadn't printed them. The bill would have been over $200. Waited til I got home and got them done at Costco!
Ian

jackie greaves
07-06-2006, 14:58
If there are any photos that you are not happy with, give them back and they don't charge you for them. The chap in front of me did this last time we were there. Personally I wouldn't have the nerve to do it, if the photos are rubbish then its my fault, not Wal Marts[msnembarrased]

pieman790
07-06-2006, 16:20
We refused to pay for the expensive 5x7 photos and they then offered us them at a knock down price as the 5x7 price was not displayed and they also said that we did not have to take them. The price for the 5x7 still was not displayed last week when we were in Walmart.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by IanW
I made the same mistake, ordering 120 5x7s. There's no price given on the displays for the 5x7s. The man at the counter must have come across this problem before as when I went to pick them up 1 hr later he hadn't printed them. The bill would have been over $200. Waited til I got home and got them done at Costco!
Ian
[/quote]