PDA

View Full Version : PT CRUISER

weemac
05-06-2006, 18:24
I have to tell someone as I just can,t believe it but we have just bought a PT Cruiser (second hand but still great looking!!)[clap] and I am so excited that I cant wait til Friday evening to pick it up from the garage!! My husband has always fancied one and we were out yesterday and there it was just shouting to us to buy it! [msnsmile]
Does anyone have one to say what they think about them?

steph_goodrum
05-06-2006, 18:52
My sister is on her second now, she bought one new about 5 years ago and bought another new one last year (opted for the diesel version this time) she said the fuel economy isn't as great as she thought.
When we've had them in FLorida my husband found a couple of nasty blind spots but put it down to being longer in teh body than my sister and therefore looking from a different angle but my nieces husband bought one at the weekend and said he's noticed a couple of blind spots where the seat belt goes as the chassis is quite thick there (he said it does force you to look properly over your shoulder rather than just a quick glance as most do so maybe thats not such a bad thing. They have found it quite heavy on petrol, though.

DISNEYDIVA
05-06-2006, 23:35
This is our PT Cruiser - see the "Stars & Stripes" flames on the side, they are magnetic and can be removed.
Welcome to the club, you will always get a wave from another owner when passing on the road.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/disneydiva/200665193317_PTCruiser.jpg

dawn
06-06-2006, 03:05
Well you learn something every day - I always wondered what they looked like, smart[msnsmile2]

MarkJan
06-06-2006, 10:55
A couple of friends have them and one has the newer "custom" one with all the crome. It looks good in some ways [msnwink]

pieman790
06-06-2006, 11:06
We have just returned from Florida and have to say there are loads of these cars around especially the convertable ones.
Some one told me that alot of the car hire companies are now offering these as the convertable option.

weemac
06-06-2006, 14:42
Your car looks great DisneyDiva - ours is a silver one. I love the stars and stripes on the side - where do you buy these sort of things? [msnsmile]

CarolAnn
06-06-2006, 14:50
We always hire a PT Cruiser if possible when we go to Florida[8D]I LOVE EM!!! Enjoy your new ride[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
06-06-2006, 17:07
I sometimes take a convertible or Touring Edition PT Cruiser when we go to Florida as I do like them but as Neil and Cathy says the tourists all drive them. I was going to buy one but I am still mulling it over, the new model is out soon so I want to see what it is like first.

Have fun Weemac it is really easy to drive and get around in. Mr CDV could not get me out from behind the wheel and usuually I don't care to drive!

Send in a snap when you get it so we can all admire it!

DISNEYDIVA
07-06-2006, 00:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by weemac
Your car looks great DisneyDiva - ours is a silver one. I love the stars and stripes on the side - where do you buy these sort of things? [msnsmile]
[/quote]

Hi,
We ordered them off the web:
http://www.ptcompany.co.uk/catalogue/goodies2.htm
They arrived the next day, excellent customer care.

flyrr100
07-06-2006, 01:17
Who makes the PT Cruiser in Europe?
How different is it from the US model?

DISNEYDIVA
07-06-2006, 12:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
Who makes the PT Cruiser in Europe?
How different is it from the US model?
[/quote]

Hi,
This link may explain.
http://www.ptcruizer.com/production.html

weemac
08-06-2006, 00:46
Thanks DisneyDiva - the website looks great - I will have to control my husband or he will be buying lots of things from it!![msnsmile]

Only two sleeps to go til we pick the car up from the garage - will try and post a photo of it but just to say that it doesn't look as exciting as DisneyDiva's (not yet anyway!![msntongue])

pt cruiser
08-06-2006, 02:14
As you can tell from my user name i love em.
Had two so far the latest a electic blue one, saving up for the convertible!!!!
Love it when the other cruisers flash and wave,never had that with any other car, Enjoy.
Teresa

weemac
11-06-2006, 20:57
Well picked up car on Friday and it is great!! [msnsmile2] I will now try and attach a photo. [msnscared]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/WEEMAC/2006611165523_car.JPG

[clap][clap][clap]

Cruella DeVilla
12-06-2006, 20:17
Lovely and a nice colour too![clap]

Fourdents
13-06-2006, 00:49
I don't want to put a dampener on this but I had an accident in one of these in Florida in January.

I got hit from behind when I had stopped at traffic lights.

The drivers seat broke off its mountings and twisted sidewards. Gave me bad bruising to the legs:(

Must say though It is a lovely car to drive.

Linda