PDA

View Full Version : Golf Courses

dykwim
02-06-2006, 14:50
Hello all,

Just booked to go back to Orlando in September. Can anyone recommend any good golf courses please? We'll need to hire clubs and cart etc as I don't plan on taking any equipment over.

We played about 8 years ago at a course called Bobby Oaks and it was impressive, I think it's been renamed now though.

There's several courses in the Kissimee area but the ones I've played there tend to be in and out of houses, whereas I'd much prefer a more secluded course like the Bobby Oaks one I mentioned above.

Thanks for you help.

dawn
02-06-2006, 15:29
Hi There,

As you already know there are lots of great golf courses in the area. Take a look at this article in the Orlando guide, which will give some suggestions - http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/orlando_guide/orlando_golfing.aspx

There are also some other reviews in the OrlandGuide on other various golf courses - enjoy browsing - http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/orlando_guide

Dawn

mm69340
02-06-2006, 15:42
There are tons to play at. I had a guest that stayed for 2 weeks and for a most of the time, he played a different course every day. Check with the villa owner if you booked one, I have a set of clubs for my guests to use so they would only need a cart if they wanted one. Golf is very cheap over there in the summer. Our course offers $10 for the 18 hole round.

ShirleyD
02-06-2006, 16:01
Carts are often included in the round fees. Have a look in the free coupon magazines you find in restaurants for money off coupons.

wrightbuxton
02-06-2006, 17:18
We just had guests in who played at Championsgate and thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's the website - hope this helps.

[website link edited]

Julie

AshleyLodge
02-06-2006, 17:23
If you pick up the free Orlando Guide Map at the airport when you arrive you will find quite a lot of special offers and coupons around the map.

Have fun and let us know your views after you have played a few!

wrpac00
02-06-2006, 17:31
Whereabouts are you staying?

GrahamC
02-06-2006, 17:54
There are so many to chose from, that you are really spoiled for choice.

If you let us know where you are staying we can point you at the local ones.

MarkJan
02-06-2006, 19:19
Expect to pay from $25-$125 per round including buggy. There are too many to mention, too many to play, just enjoy the ones you decide on.

fiona
03-06-2006, 05:00
My husband likes to play at Orange County National - they have 2 courses, Mission Inn at Howey-in-the Hills (also 2 courses), & Diamond Back. It's usually $25 to hire clubs.

jackie greaves
03-06-2006, 15:32
We love Southern Dunes. (wonder why?) Hubby and Son swear it is the best course for miles.

copshaw
06-06-2006, 17:36
We played Highland Reserve a couple of times last year, enjoyed it so much we have booked a villa there for this year! Golf fee + buggy was $25, and hire of new King cobra's was $25

abbeyvillas
07-06-2006, 01:42
As Paul said - depends where you are staying and the standard of your golf. We met a family who stayed at Southern Dunnes and enjoyed their golf but their son is a very good golfer so preferred the challenge of Champions Gate.
Jeanette