PDA

View Full Version : Florida / Las Vegas?

LuvOrlando
22-07-2003, 04:16
Hi

We are considering going to Orlando in September this year, some of our party would like to go to Las Vegas instead as we have been to Orlando many times.

A suggestion I have made is that we do Orlando and Las Vegas (a week each), however as we are so used to staying in a Villa in Florida we would prefer to stay in a villa in Las Vegas.

Does anyone know of any Villas in Vegas??

athurstance
22-07-2003, 11:33
There are a lot of villas in Palm Springs - my parents in law stayed in one and visited Las Vegas but its not that close. Las Vegas doesn't have any villas as far as I know - it is more high density very large very tall hotels. Personally in Vegas I would stay in one of the themed hotels like MGM Grand as you get all the atmosphere. I can't imagine spending a week there though - a weekend was more than enough for me. You are close enough for a day trip to the Grand Canyono though which is a 'must see' if you're in the area.

Gillian-B
22-07-2003, 13:01
Doing Orlando for one week and Las Vegas for one week is something we have done a few times before (and also for our next trip :D) - it makes for a great holiday.

Although there aren't many (if any?) villas in Las Vegas, have you considered an apartment instead, such as at one of the timeshare resorts? I think you can usually pay to book them (you don't have to be a timeshare owner) and we stay at the HGV Club at the back of the Flamingo Hilton (the rooms are lovely and you get to use the Flamingo facilities and pool). Slightly further down and half a block back from the Strip is the Carriage House and we will see what this is like soon.

Gillian

tinkerbell
22-07-2003, 18:03
Palm Springs is a LONG way from Vegas. We have always stayed at one of the strip hotels as you can get such good deals, and it's a total contrast to the villa. New York New York was excellent, all the towers were themed on different buildings around New York, and depending which tower your room was in, you get a totally different view!

Have also stayed in the Luxor, and didn't think too much of that. They were going through extensive renovations at the time, but the location couldn't be further from teh rest of the strip, and it's a long walk!!!

You can play the same game on the strip as you can play on International Drive.... Spot the english tourist!!! They are always the only ones walking!! Also you can only tell the Japanese tourists by the cameras surgically attached to their faces!

You'll have a great time in Vegas, I'd love to do a twin centre from Orlando, but have never looked into that, how did you arrange your flights?

LuvOrlando
23-07-2003, 00:17
Thanks for all your help!

quote:There are a lot of villas in Palm Springs - my parents in law stayed in one and visited Las Vegas but its not that close.

A few years ago we toured around California and stayed at Palm Springs (how hot is it there!!), not in a Villa, though and you're right it is not that close.

quote:Las Vegas doesn't have any villas as far as I know - it is more high density very large very tall hotels. Personally in Vegas I would stay in one of the themed hotels like MGM Grand as you get all the atmosphere. I can't imagine spending a week there though - a weekend was more than enough for me.

I didn't think there could be many villa's as I couldn't find anything on the internet. Last time we stayed at The Mirage and it was fantastic! Although I still love staying in a Villa. We did four days last time, I think we could probably find enough to do!

quote:Although there aren't many (if any?) villas in Las Vegas, have you considered an apartment instead, such as at one of the timeshare resorts?

I think that is a good idea, either that or one of the resort hotels, at least that way we will be within walking distance to the strip.

quote:Palm Springs is a LONG way from Vegas. We have always stayed at one of the strip hotels as you can get such good deals

Tinkerbell, where can I find these deals? I know last time we just turned up in Las Vegas and expected to stay in a Motel for our price change, we thought we would check out the price of one of the strip hotels, we walked into The Mirage and could not believe how good the rate was - we checked in there and then! Is this the best way to do it or would booking before we arrive be best, I would prefer to know where we are going to stay.

quote:You'll have a great time in Vegas, I'd love to do a twin centre from Orlando, but have never looked into that, how did you arrange your flights?

We haven't as yet? Anybody got any suggestions?

MTP
23-07-2003, 00:40
Monte Carlo is fantastic, and any hotel that has a brewery in it gets my vote! Most of the hotel web-site offer good rate guides and you can sign up for e-mail specials. A good Vegas web site is http://www.a2zlasvegas.com/index.html . There are links on there for various booking engines.

We have been talking about doing a week in Vegas without the kids sometime before our December holiday. Since I am applying to the New England College, however, I doubt this will be possible :(, but I will probably need to go over to Boston for an interview, I feel a short break coming on [8D].

I was just thinking what would be a really cool holiday would be a week in Orlando, then hire a RV to drive to Vegas over the course of a week and then a week in Vegas!!

Best wishes,

Euan

chrizzy100
23-07-2003, 01:20
quote:Originally posted by MTP

Monte Carlo is fantastic, and any hotel that has a brewery in it gets my vote! Most of the hotel web-site offer good rate guides and you can sign up for e-mail specials. A good Vegas web site is http://www.a2zlasvegas.com/index.html . There are links on there for various booking engines.

We have been talking about doing a week in Vegas without the kids sometime before our December holiday. Since I am applying to the New England College, however, I doubt this will be possible :(, but I will probably need to go over to Boston for an interview, I feel a short break coming on [8D].

I was just thinking what would be a really cool holiday would be a week in Orlando, then hire a RV to drive to Vegas over the course of a week and then a week in Vegas!!

Best wishes,

Euan

Its a pity Boston's so far away...you could of popped in for a cuppa.......:D

Andy & Arlene
23-07-2003, 03:32
We are having a week in Vegas in December, before flying down to Orlando for xmas and new year. Haven't booked any accommodation yet. Was just going to leave it until later.

neilandkay
23-07-2003, 04:15
There are a number of sites that list vacation rental homes in Las Vegas. PM if you are interested.

-Kay

tinkerbell
23-07-2003, 14:58
I did a search on google for Vegas hotels, and it came up with all the usual websites etc, just have a look around, there are plenty of deals to be had!! I'll try to dig out the name of the site that I used.

orlandobabe
25-07-2003, 01:27
A villa owner on here did a villa swap with a lady in Vegas for her villa in Orlando.

I think there are some sites where you can do that. Anyway things worked out brilliantly and they got a fantastic villa.

It might be worth having a surf around and seeing what you can find.

Whoops-just realised that you might not have your own villa. You never know might be someone prepared to do a home swap.

Mo Green
25-07-2003, 02:56
We stayed in Las vegas last March and watched the prices on a couple of sites. We managed to get Caesars Palace for $100 per night (with an upgrade when they found it was my birthday!). I would really recommend staying there.

Gillian-B
25-07-2003, 12:57
quote:Originally posted by Mo Green

We stayed in Las vegas last March and watched the prices on a couple of sites. We managed to get Caesars Palace for $100 per night (with an upgrade when they found it was my birthday!). I would really recommend staying there.

If there's no big conferences on at the time, there can be some really good offers on just before. It's always worth keeping an eye open (but never worth just turning up and expecting a room in a big hotel - already made that mistake!).

Gillian