PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach

langley
21-07-2003, 22:34
We went to Blizzard Beach at the end of June this year for the first time, we thought it was great. Plummit Summit we went on twice, very high, very fast, hard massage at the end of the ride. Thought the ski runs were good too.

We had just gone as a couple and thought it was more for older kids and adults, but not really for the smaller tots. Although they did have a area for the little ones.

Rob & Carol

Gillian-B
22-07-2003, 04:15
All I can say is you're very brave going on Plummit Summit!

Many years ago (!), I worked as a waterslide attendant and although we used to do really silly things on the slides, I've never been able to pluck up the courage to go on Plummit Summit. That said, have you tried the one at Wet 'n Wild where the ride starts with you standing up and the floor dropping . . . . . sheer madness!

Gillian

Kissyme
22-07-2003, 12:41
And whats worse is they train a camera on you when your at your most panic ed every one at the bottom looking and the screen has a good laugh at your expence

floridahol
22-07-2003, 17:05
Hate to be pedantic... but its Summit Plummet

tinkerbell
22-07-2003, 18:06
There's always one!!

I have to say that I took three visits to BB before I went on Summit Plummit, but once I had, I thought that the Slush Gusher (big wavy one next to it) was much worse! It's a great slide, but I always burn my back over the bumps! The worst part for me of Summit Plummit was getting stung by a hornet at the top. They had to then close the slide while they called people in to deal with the giant nest they found! Lucky me![:I]

mikewj
23-07-2003, 17:31
More divine intervention (mine was a thunder storm).....when nature tries to stop you doing it, you should take heed and stick to the smaller slides !

Nigel 147
21-12-2005, 23:42
i have never been to disney so i have no idea what its like but blizzard beach looks brilliant:D:D:D

Nigel 147
21-12-2005, 23:52
IS IT TRUE THAT THEY SPRAY THE FLOORS TO MAKE THEM COLD[msnscared][?][?]

mizzy
22-12-2005, 01:28
sadly on our first and so far only visit to florida we never got round to doing the waterparks (not enough time or days)

we hope to give them a whirl on our next visit

as for summit plummit i'm a big scardy cat and even looking at it make me feel queezy

so a big [clap][clap][clap] for all those brave enough to ride the slide
Mizzy

chris
22-12-2005, 02:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nigel 147

[/quote]

When we went in August this was essential. You really can nastily burn your feet on the concrete otherwise as we found out to our cost.[msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
22-12-2005, 03:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris

[/quote]

When we went in August this was essential. You really can nastily burn your feet on the concrete otherwise as we found out to our cost.[msnscared]
[/quote]

Yes us too Chris.[msnscared][msnsmile]

becbecs
22-12-2005, 14:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris

[/quote]

[/quote]

A good pair of flip flops on a hot day is adviseable while you are walking around, they also sell pool shoes at the parks also. But the walk way water sprays I must admit are a god send.

Thorogoods
08-01-2006, 13:49
We love the water parks and Typhoon Lagoon was always our favorite until last year, Typhoon was closed in January for the first visit so we had to go to BB and loved it, there is so much to do and having to go there it made us do all the rides. Including Summit Plummet. It is brilliant.:D:D