PDA

View Full Version : Registering the Villa?

farawayfan
23-05-2006, 23:23
I just read over on the [name edited] (I'm not really a traitor!) that someone has to register their villa within 24 hours of arrival.

Can someone clue me in as to what this means and if everyone has to do this. My owners haven't told me anything about this (they're on holiday at the moment so I can't ask them) and I just want to know if anyone knows something about this.

ShirleyCottam
24-05-2006, 00:00
My management leave a registration form in the villa for the guests to fill in. You just have to register all the names of the people staying at the villa, by filling in the form when you arrive.

Perhaps this is what they mean by "registering the villa"

Deb
24-05-2006, 00:17
My manager pops round to the villa the following day to introduce herself and to fill in the guests details on the form. Some guests may have to visit an office to do the same, usually if they collect the key from there, but the homeowner should let you know the procedure for their home - you will receive that with the directions/address etc.

Lyn
24-05-2006, 00:37
We have always filled in a form downloaded from email and scanned the completed form back in and emailed back. Have never had to register anywhere when we arrive.

cad-properties
24-05-2006, 00:46
Hi Jackie,

We always ask our guests to fill in a booking form when they book the Villa. This saves our guests having to wait in on the first day of their holiday for someone to come round to register them.

Clair.
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/495.aspx

wrpac00
24-05-2006, 00:51
At our place they have register at the clubhouse and to get a gate pass otherwise they won't get back into the community after they arrive.

Michelle
24-05-2006, 01:08
Quite a few owners ask guests for the booking form to be filled in signed, and returned with their deposit at time of reserving villa, this is then also used as a registration form. We use this system for our guests, as has been mentioned saves guests having to fill out forms upon their arrival.

GrahamC
24-05-2006, 01:34
We use the same system, it saves them time on their first day.

farawayfan
24-05-2006, 10:04
OK, we'll we've already done that so I guess we won't be asked to fill anything else in.

thanks for the advice.

cad-properties
24-05-2006, 13:21
Have a great time Jackie.

Clair.
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/495.aspx

zazu
25-05-2006, 21:12
Hi Jackie

I have also seen this message on the other forum and i think it is because this person has booked a villa through a travel agents rather than direct with the owner. Because TA villas are alloacted on arrival the management company needs to get the details of all the villa occupants as they won't have it previously, all they will be given is a party name and what size villa is required on what check in day.