PDA

View Full Version : validating old tickets

Cottons
21-05-2006, 18:23
Dear All,

I feel I've pestered Martin from park tickets enough, I'm sure he gets tired of answering the same questions time and again !

we have 2 adult and 2 child 4 day park hopper passes left from 2000. we think we have either 1 or 2 days left on them but are not sure.

I know I need to go to guest services in one of the parks to validate this, which I am hoping to do the day we get there (15/6 !!)
the question is does my wife and children need to as well - further complicated by the fact that we now have 2 more children in the "requiring a ticket" bracket and the eldest is now 11 and needs her ticket upgrading to adult.

In addition we will need either a 1 day or 2 day ticket depending on the number of days left - I can only get these from the gate apparently ?

Mark

Kazzie
21-05-2006, 18:49
Not sure of the answer to your question but you can now buy the 1 day or 2 day tickets using the link above.

Karen

ShirleyD
21-05-2006, 19:28
Why do you have to get them validated Mark?

Jo
21-05-2006, 20:23
1 and 2 day Disney tickets have just been added on to the link above , so you can order them now and pick them up/ have them delivered when you arrive.

florida4sun
21-05-2006, 20:54
They do not need to be present and you can buy 1 and 2 day tickets at the gate.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cottons
Dear All,

I feel I've pestered Martin from park tickets enough, I'm sure he gets tired of answering the same questions time and again !

we have 2 adult and 2 child 4 day park hopper passes left from 2000. we think we have either 1 or 2 days left on them but are not sure.

I know I need to go to guest services in one of the parks to validate this, which I am hoping to do the day we get there (15/6 !!)
the question is does my wife and children need to as well - further complicated by the fact that we now have 2 more children in the "requiring a ticket" bracket and the eldest is now 11 and needs her ticket upgrading to adult.

In addition we will need either a 1 day or 2 day ticket depending on the number of days left - I can only get these from the gate apparently ?

Mark[/quote]

Cottons
21-05-2006, 23:24
Hi Shirly

validate is the wrong word - we don't know how many of the 4 days we have left, the only way we can find out is at guest services in one of the parks.

depending on this will determine the number of days that we buy - we hope we have 2 left and will only therefore only need 2 more. added to this is the need to upgrade one of the tickets to adult.

we're just trying to manage to a budget - with 6 of us its really expensive, we're trying to get 4 full days in the parks using what we have left over from the last time and topping up with what we need to buy this time.

mark

Cottons
21-05-2006, 23:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jo
1 and 2 day Disney tickets have just been added on to the link above , so you can order them now and pick them up/ have them delivered when you arrive.
[/quote]

i've looked on the link (which i assume you mean is park tickets) and can't find reference to 1 or 2 days - martin replies that we can get them at the gate

am i missing something - i would prefer to order and pick up from one place rather than 2 - even if they are marginally more expensive

regards

mark

emm
21-05-2006, 23:37
Hi Shirly

validate is the wrong word - we don't know how many of the 4 days we have left, the only way we can find out is at guest services in one of the parks.

depending on this will determine the number of days that we buy - we hope we have 2 left and will only therefore only need 2 more. added to this is the need to upgrade one of the tickets to adult.

we're just trying to manage to a budget - with 6 of us its really expensive, we're trying to get 4 full days in the parks using what we have left over from the last time and topping up with what we need to buy this time.

Hope that helps. [msnsmile2]

regards

mark

[/quote]

Mark,

You can take your tickets to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney and they will check how many days you have left on each one. You don't all need to be present when you do it.

Jo
22-05-2006, 00:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jo
[/quote]

i've looked on the link (which i assume you mean is park tickets) and can't find reference to 1 or 2 days - martin replies that we can get them at the gate

am i missing something - i would prefer to order and pick up from one place rather than 2 - even if they are marginally more expensive

regards

mark

[/quote]I can see them on the list - I think they were only added in the last day or two. Maybe you need to refresh your browser.

Maybe Martin has forgotten he has added them!

Cottons
22-05-2006, 02:34
Thanks Jo and Kazzie,

I can see them now

mark

caroline
22-05-2006, 13:35
Mark, If you want to get your tickets checked at Downtown Disney, it's best to go first thing in the morning, and park right down the very end by the Marketplace - guest relations is next to Team Mickey by Ghiradellis ice cream parlour. By going first thing it's not busy, it's really easy to park and you can be in and out in 10 minutes.

ShirleyCottam
22-05-2006, 15:19
Is there no way of finding out how many days there are left on a ticket before arriving at florida? Tickets have numbers on and if disney can do it at guest relations, couldnt it be done online.....it would be a great service if some clever person could do it!

If there is it would make it easy to buy the extra days before you travel.

blott
22-05-2006, 18:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyCottam
Is there no way of finding out how many days there are left on a ticket before arriving at florida? Tickets have numbers on and if disney can do it at guest relations, couldnt it be done online.....it would be a great service if some clever person could do it!

If there is it would make it easy to buy the extra days before you travel.[/quote]No, there's nowhere else but Downtown Disney or at the parks that you can check how many days you have left on a particular ticket.

If you pencil on the ticket how many days you've used or how many days you have left as you use them, then you'll have no problems trying to remember at a later date! [msnwink]

florida4sun
22-05-2006, 23:03
The problem is that this would open up a huge balck market for stolen tickets....

[/quote]

ShirleyCottam
23-05-2006, 01:42
I never thought of that.....I obviously dont have a criminal mind [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
The problem is that this would open up a huge balck market for stolen tickets....

[/quote]
[/quote]

glasgowmary
26-05-2006, 02:38
hi cottons
we had hoppers for disney also from 2000 and although we had been to florida we tened to do universal but last year we decided to do disney. there was no way to check in the u.k. but it was very easy to check there and no hassle we did it at the gate and also got a one day ticket for those of us that didn' t have a leftover ticket, i think it cost around $30 but can't really remember. our son who orginally had a child ticket needed an adult one ,but we had our neice with us who was . hope this helps5 so we gave her his ticket and bought an adult one day pass for him [msncool]

glasgowmary
26-05-2006, 02:39
oops sorry i didn' t notice cotton was your surname didn't mean to be rude:D

Cottons
28-05-2006, 00:44
Hi Mary (from glasgow)

absolutely no offence taken - no need to apologise at all.

thanks for your advice

best wishes

mark & tracy & 4 excited little girls

Cottons
28-05-2006, 00:46
thanks everyone for the advice

less than 3 weeks to go !!

regards

Mark, Tracy and 4 excited little girls