PDA

View Full Version : EB5 Visa

jonday
19-05-2006, 13:47
Would love to speak with anyone currently trying for an EB5 visa. We are thinking of moving to Seminole County, any information on schools, british families in the area etc would be most appreciated. Thanks
Sharon

esprit
19-05-2006, 19:21
Flyrr off here lives in Seminole, if he doesnt see this and reply, then pm him as he will have the info for you.
I am dm-ing you the address of a forum where there is a dedicated section on EB5 and there is someone on there currently applying as I dont think there is anyone on here.

anorak
26-10-2007, 22:12
Just got some info yesterday which may be of interest about the investment centres for these visas.
Seattle has an uncertain and undefined exit strategy - means you have no idea when or if you will ever turn your half miilion investment back into cash. However it pays about 5% interest.
Philadelphia has a fixed 5 year term. You get your money back pretty well for sure then. But it only pays half a percent p.a. interest. Thats going to cost you 100 thousand in lost interest over the 5 years.
How desperate are you for that green card again?

esprit
01-11-2007, 03:34
Most people using Seattle know the odds and are willing to leave the money in and treat it as a CD. If you had the money back in cash you would only invest it somewhere else. True you may get a higher interest rate. You dont mention Jay Peak. Those in phase 1 got a condo which they could eventually sell, not sure how this pans out into phase 2, the details released so far have been sketchy. I have to say though as far as Philadelphia is concerned, the loss in interest is no more than many people lose buying E2 businesses which are overpriced to begin with and which dont pan out totally and those never get you a green card.