PDA

View Full Version : CITIZENSHIP

farawayfan
18-05-2006, 16:46
I notice on the samples of the Visa Waiver forms that it asks for the citizenship of the traveller.

We all have dual nationality - British and Israeli

We are travelling only on our British passports - do I write both citizenships on the form or only British?

Perhaps someone else who has dual nationality could help me here.

thanks

trevlad
19-05-2006, 01:40
you ll prob find something on their web site

Kazzie
19-05-2006, 02:35
If you are travelling on your British passports I would imagine that you just write British. Is there anything in your British passport that indicates that you have dual nationality?

Karen

farawayfan
19-05-2006, 12:02
Good point Karen - no, I don't think there is. If that's the case I can get away with just writing British. Although as we're flying in from Israel they may ask us anyway. Maybe I'll ask the travel agent.

thanks

steph_goodrum
19-05-2006, 12:21
I would certainly seek clarification from your airline and the US Embassy. There may not be something obvious in your passport but may be embedded in the code somewhere about the dual nationality and it may even be that you need a Visa if Israel is not in the 27 countries who are elgible for Visa free travel.

I think any advise most of us offer would just be educated guesswork and it's too important for that when you are looking forward to a great holiday. Make sure you get any response in writing whether by email or letter to ensure if there is any problem you have done everything necessary.

farawayfan
19-05-2006, 13:22
Oh goodness, I hope I don't need a VISA. It's only 5 weeks until we go and I know it takes a lot longer than that to get the VISA if you need one.

Michelle
19-05-2006, 16:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by farawayfan
I notice on the samples of the Visa Waiver forms that it asks for the citizenship of the traveller.

We all have dual nationality - British and Israeli

We are travelling only on our British passports - do I write both citizenships on the form or only British?

Perhaps someone else who has dual nationality could help me here.

thanks

[/quote]
Jackie maybe there is information on the American Embassy web sites, I have hyper linked the US Embassy web site which is in UK http://www.usembassy.org.uk/index.html
And the US Embassy in USA web site which is http://usembassy.state.gov

bellaepovera
20-05-2006, 14:03
My sons were both born in Italy, and I made them USA citizens when they were still infants. They know all about that you have dual citizenships so putting just you are british is fine. Gave the birth certificates way back when so it is all recorded so they do know.