PDA

View Full Version : Believe

jillizzy
15-05-2006, 01:54
Just got back from Seaworld today and eventually got to see the new show.

I went to see the 1.30 but it was cancelled (not sure why) but saw the 3pm one.

It is very different to the old Shamu, much more about the trainers as well as the killer whales. The acrobatics were much higher and harder work for the trainers, more music but still plenty of splashing etc.

I did enjoy it but feel they are still working to get it completely right - I'm sure it will get better with more practice. Definitely worth seeing.

Jill

floridageoff
15-05-2006, 02:30
When we visited SeaWorld in March the set was not finished but we will have the chance to see it again later this year. Hopefully they will have pefected the show by then.

Genie
17-05-2006, 02:51
We have just done the new show and it was brilliant, I just love Shamu and really enjoyed it !!

christhear
21-08-2006, 04:18
Went to see the show today and my son was chosen to feed Shamu near the end of the show. Will post some pictures when we canwork out how to downsize them.

jackie greaves
21-08-2006, 15:00
We are off to Florida on Saturday, is the new Shamu show worth going to see Christine? Perhaps if you post your pics, we can look at these instead[msnwink]

dawn
21-08-2006, 16:12
It is definately worth seeing Jackie - I'm still a big fan of the dolphin show, that is amazing, and the the later Clyde and Seamore show is absolutely hilarious, they do a micky-take of all the other Seaworld shows:D

wrpac00
22-08-2006, 04:26
Have to agree they are all great shows.

JoRo
22-08-2006, 12:58
We saw Believe in May and thought is was fantastic - as was the dolphin show. Having said that it was our first trip for 12 years to Seaworld so limited in comparison to the replaced version!
Joyce

jackie greaves
22-08-2006, 15:50
Sounds like another one for the must do list. I love Sea World, escpecially the sea lions, I always buy loads of bags of fish to feed them.

wrpac00
23-08-2006, 07:55
Mystify is very good also, one of the best places to see it is by the approach to the bridge.

sammibabe
11-09-2006, 01:15
If you go to Sea World seeing Shamu is a must. 'Believe' was good when we saw it in May (actually saw it twice - the kids like getting splashed) Great now they are older and can go in the splash zone on their own[msnsmile] They thought it was hysterical that Mum and Dad were on the big screen at the beginning when they look at the audience[msnembarrased]

CarolAnn
22-11-2006, 00:42
We really enjoyed the new show in October. Can't beat the BIG FISH, I say[msnwink]

Pamela
04-12-2006, 20:52
We just got back on Friday and missing Florida already [msncry]

Anyway, we were a little disappointed with the new Shamu show, felt is wasn't a patch on the old show and def miss the Shamu Rocks America show at night. Now the evening show is just a copy of the daytime show.
In fact the 2nd time we went back we actually missed out the Shamu show altogether.
There seems to be an awful lot more 'acting' from the trainers and we noticed they had all changed from the last time we were there and there seems to be a lot more of them. They are also cashing in on the 'Believe' with the wooden whale fin neck chains.

Just my humble opinion though. [msntongue]