PDA

View Full Version : Reasonably Priced Golf Courses

neilandkay
19-07-2003, 04:36
Golf is not my game, but I have been asked to recommend some reasonably priced golf courses in the Kissimmee area. I haven't got a clue on courses or in fact what is a reasonable price!

I know our nearest course is Mystic Dunes.

Can any of you avid golfers recommend any courses?

Thanks

-Kay

Gillian-B
21-07-2003, 02:41
Kay, I know nothing about golf, but I've been looking around the Internet myself trying to find out in case someone asks!

Kissimmee Golf Club (www.kissgolfclub.com) describe themselves as providing "the best golfing value year-round" and I've certainly seen mentions of them elsewhere on the forum. They advertise their regular green fees as $34 upwards, which certainly seems more reasonable than some of the other costs I've seen. Maybe someone else knows more about this course . . . . .

Gillian

K4LGB
22-07-2003, 13:58
Best to stick to a package as they are ALWAYS the best value.
Some courses do twilight packages which are even better value but as most thunderstorms are in the afternoon/evening there is no guarantee that you will get a full round!

The most important thing is to warn your guests that it's never as cheap as they advertise. Unlike in the UK Green Fees are only the start! You then have cart-hire as most courses don't allow you to walk (supposedly to speed up play) - add on another $20-30 for that. If you need club hire then you pay for that but they don't give you any balls (and one course didn't even provide any tees!) - all this and then you get the local taxes on top!

If cost is an issue then do the deal when you book the tee time rather than getting into a situation where you are at the course ready to go before you get stung with all the extras....

Les

dbrook
22-07-2003, 14:29
Hi Kay,

Here are the prices for Highlands Reserve from May through October (not sure when your guests arrive)

Rates include cart fee and sales tax

Weekday Weekend/Holiday
Non-Resident $37 $39
Florida Resident $30 $33
Twilight $25 $25
Junior Golfer (age 15 or younger) $15 $15

Rental Clubs $25
Range Balls $5

Further details on www.highlandsreserve-golf.com

Hope this helps.

Biggus
25-07-2003, 14:02
dbrook,
Further to this I suggest contacting HRGC as they did us a pretty good deal - we played in March/April (highest season) and contacted them for any deal they put together a package that included eveything - green fee, cart hire, club hire, lunch (not worth anything really) and taxes etc that saved us about $40 each of the total had we not been in touch. They thought that we were mad wanting to tee off at 7.00am!! The course is really nice and not too challenging (good if you are an average golfer). Hope this helps.

Nigel W
27-08-2003, 22:45
I must back up Highlands Reserve Golf Club, we played in July and it cost us $35 each including the buggy. The course is superb, the practice area is good and when we played the course was quiet so we could play quickly.

alex
29-08-2003, 11:23
i would suggest remington golf club they are doing offers
from$23+tax inc cart and range balls
www.remington-gc.com
the green are very fast and always in great shape

sunshine state
29-09-2003, 18:16
Yes ive heard quite alot of info from friends living in Florida and they tell me that Highlands Reserve is a great golf course and its at a good price.

dbrook
29-09-2003, 20:03
Hi Biggus,

Thanks for that info. I've only just noticed your post a few months afterwards:(

I will suggest guests contact directly. How many of you played to get that sort of a discount and did you play it just the once?

Biggus
30-09-2003, 17:32
Diane,
Only the two of us (my dad and I) played and we only played the once (it cost us at least a full days shopping with MY credit card to justify just ONE round of golf to my wife let alone two rounds!!)The contact I dealt with was Marion Walker who is/was the general manager at HRGC. I contacted Marion via the HRGC website but get regular emails updating me with promo prices/deals etc from highlandsreserve@crown-golf.com so suggest that your guests might contact HRGC via this address. Hope that your guests have as much fun as we did.......... :D

dbrook
30-09-2003, 18:35
Thanks Biggus:D:D

Dave and Sue
09-03-2004, 02:43
I just have to tell you all about a Golf club I was introduced to back in January by a fellow owner of a property at Glenbrook Development, some of you may already know of it, it is The Swiss Ski School, yes that's right, ski school, near Clermont, so if you like waterskiing as well, you have it made. This is not one of those stuffy clubs where you feel as if they think they are doing you a favour. It costs little over $26 for a round in January with a morning Tee off, including cart of course. I had my own clubs so did not ask the cost of hire but it can't be that much. The course details can be found on www.swisskischool.com/golf
The course is a little tired and needs a little TLC, but hey I'm no snob and what a wonderfully relaxing day we had, and it left me with cash to spend on another game.

Have a look at it, you won't be dissapointed

Dave