PDA

View Full Version : Driving Directions To Kennedy

arnie the armadillo
12-05-2006, 01:58
What's the best route to take from the Lake Davenport area to Kennedy Space Centre - and roughly how long does it take?[msnscared]

Cheers

Arnie

wilfy
12-05-2006, 12:53
I4 to the 528, then head east. I would say 90 minutes

CERICROWLEY
12-05-2006, 13:12
Ditto that

Go north on the I4 til you see the intersection for the Expressway 528 (International Airport/Cape Carnarval)this road will take you all the way to KSC, there are a number of tolls on this road. They are all manned though, so change is not a problem. KSC is well signposted on the road, You will see a split in the road, near Carnaval which the right lead to Port Carnaval and the left takes you on to KSC, you will then go over an very long bridge over water and you will be no more than about 3 miles or so away from the Visitors center. I have done the trip in about 90mins, but on Launch day, it took me five hours.

andrewandcarole
12-05-2006, 13:12
It's very straightforward Arnie - even I couldn't get lost!

You'll have a great day!

Carole

dawn
12-05-2006, 15:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
Ditto that

Go north on the I4 til you see the intersection for the Expressway 528 (International Airport/Cape Carnarval)this road will take you all the way to KSC, there are a number of tolls on this road. They are all manned though, so change is not a problem. KSC is well signposted on the road, You will see a split in the road, near Carnaval which the right lead to Port Carnaval and the left takes you on to KSC, you will then go over an very long bridge over water and you will be no more than about 3 miles or so away from the Visitors center. I have done the trip in about 90mins, but on Launch day, it took me five hours.
[/quote]
Same her Ceri, in fact we didn't get there at all, definately get an early start in a launch is programmed

arnie the armadillo
12-05-2006, 23:44
Thanks for the help every1 [clap]

Arnie