PDA

View Full Version : British pubs in Kissimmee?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-02-2002, 00:42
I've seen a few on the 192 - Fox & Hounds, Rovers Return etc etc.

What are they like and how do they compare to pubs at home? Do they serve Bitter from the UK?

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

orlandobabe
23-02-2002, 22:19
We've seen them too-but haven't really wanted to venture in.

I'm happy to leave all that behind when I come to Florida!

Plus they are a long way from us.

Orlandobabe

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-02-2002, 22:27
Can't say as they would really interest me either - we don't go to the pub much at home either.

I'm sure some villa guests might like to try them.

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

orlandobabe
25-02-2002, 21:38
Apparently in the Big Bamboo on the 192-which although not much to look at-you get a friendly welcome and as a lot of the locals work for Disney-there's no problem getting tickets.

Orlandobabe

greenhalgh
26-02-2002, 10:29
The Rovers return is a good night out especially on a friday night when all the locals get up, for the karioke they don`t seem to need a few drinks to get up on stage they just go for it ! They do have British bitter ,pub food and the big screen with football every night !!!

sue greenhalgh

greenhalgh
26-02-2002, 10:37
The Bamboo lounge is great as you say not much to look at but very welcoming and relaxed, Especially after their house cocktail the BAMBOO !! we Dare our guests to try them -infact if you try two the place looks great !

sue greenhalgh

markemma
16-03-2002, 20:05
I must admit we have never wanted to go to an english pub, whether it be in Florida or Europe, when in Rome!!!

paul
12-04-2002, 17:27
I am visiting orlando first two weeks in june. can anyone tell me if there are any bars which would have the football world cup games on?..bearing in mind that the ones i'm interested in ie england, will be starting 7am ish!!!

paul

steph_goodrum
12-04-2002, 18:24
Hi Paul
Can you tell me where abouts you are staying and I'll try and find out local places for you?
You may find a television channel that is covering the games as well, I'll check for directories.

Babblin Boo

paul
13-04-2002, 22:49
Im staying at the Best Inn and Suites on International Drive.

Ive just found out that USA are also in the world cup finals so maybe there will be interest in florida?...although i gather that the Americans dont think much of 'soccer'!!!

paul

Andy
28-05-2002, 20:09
Hi Steph. Im also going to Orlando with a group for the first 3 weeks in June. We'd like to know if there are any bars that will be showing the world cup Soccer live. We are stopping at southern downes Villas in haines city. No problem travelling to International drive though!

steph_goodrum
28-05-2002, 20:26
Hi
I can't find individual bars listed which are showing the world cup but the tv listing guide may help, you may find that you can watch it without leaving the villa.

http://espn.go.com/soccer/wctvschedule.html

tells you which games are being shown on which channels. Looks liks ESPN is the one to watch. Hope this helps with the research.

Babblin Boo

Andy
29-05-2002, 13:44
Thanks a lot for the help Steph, much appreciated. One other thing though, the ABS and espn channels are showing the football, Im not sure how the cable TV system operates in the US. Will we have to pay separately to have these channels switched on or are they available to everyone?

steph_goodrum
29-05-2002, 14:00
Andy
I'll try and find out by the weekend as we have friends going into our place and they can check on ours whether we have these channels (ours is a standard package of about 60 channels) or if it is pay per view or premium channel.

Babblin Boo