PDA

View Full Version : Weather do i go in July or September

PAUL GIZZI
09-05-2006, 12:54
Hi all will be going to Florida again this year but do i go in the first 2 weeks in July or last 2 weeks in september as i have only been in May before

Thanks

Susan J
09-05-2006, 13:21
It will be less crowded at the end of September - outside school holidays, and flights will be cheaper also -weather wise - it will be hot and sunny in both times -personally I would go for September.

LiesaAnna
09-05-2006, 13:28
we went on sept 29th last year, it was great weather! not as many crowds as expected, it was so lovely, thats the time of year we would like to settle for now, have been twice in Dec before, and altho weather is very nice is not sunbathing weather, cant help with July am afraid

becbecs
09-05-2006, 13:42
If you want less crowds I would go Sept, but I would say the weather will be about the same for July & Sept.

pieman790
09-05-2006, 13:50
I would go for September. Less crowds and still great weather.

shenon
09-05-2006, 13:57
September for me too[8D]

Sally D
09-05-2006, 14:00
September for me too[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
09-05-2006, 14:07
No 2 ways about it, even disregarding the weather which is very similar at those times of year, what you save on your flight tickets will probably pay for your park tickets or car hire if you go in September rather than July. Anytime there is a school holiday you can expect to pay at least a couple of hundred more for your flights if not double outside those times.

We found when we went in early Oct the weather was great as there was not quite the high heat of the summer but also there was less chance of an afternoon thunderstorm but the evenings were still long enough to be enjoyably warm.

andrewandcarole
09-05-2006, 14:24
Hi Paul

You'll have a great time whichever you choose! Personally I like September - but July is great too and weatherwise there's not much in it.

Why not try sourcing flights first - that may help you to make your decision.

Carole

heathercobbett
09-05-2006, 15:06
I ould go the last 2 weeks in Sep and that way you get to go to the Halloween nights in the parks and as all have stated,it will be a lot less busy then

chris c
09-05-2006, 15:46
Given the choice, I would most definitely opt for September.
You will make a big saving on flights over July prices and, as others have said, it will be much less crowded.

Homer
09-05-2006, 16:45
Been twice in September

Low crowds at the parks:)

Weather great (ok we had a hurricane once[msnsmile2])

Going again this year and yes you guessed it we are going in September:)

DaveL
09-05-2006, 17:38
I would also go in Sept. the only downside is that the parks do start to close a little earlier. However given the smaller queues this should not be a problem.

Regards Dave

CarolAnn
09-05-2006, 18:20
I have never been at either time Paul, but if I had a choice out of those 2 time periods, I think I would pick September if I was planning to make a lot of visits to the parks, just because it would be quieter then for the parks, so you would get rides in.[msnwink] I understand from my BIL too, who adores September, that the humidity has dropped in September too:D[8D]

linda allen
09-05-2006, 18:54
Yep September for me also. In early July the American children have finished school, the parks are crowded.

chrizzy100
09-05-2006, 19:33
I've put back my next trip to the end of Sept...mostly because air fires have gone up so we are having 3 weeks at one go...not 2 weeks July/Aug...then a week Oct....I've done the parks in July...missed out on Peter Pan...but got onto everything else easy enough...its just very humid...

mrsz06
10-05-2006, 02:12
I would go at the end of Septmeber. You will probably have a better time. Althogh I went on Halloween one year and it was 90 degrees. But the parks were not really crowded.

PAUL GIZZI
19-05-2006, 00:34
thanks for all your feedback looks like September will do for me.

Thanks all

Paul